Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.13 - Kinetic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The episode that basically destroyed Whitney as a character. One of the worst of the Season.

4/10

Comment

Anybody notice the actress that plays Kate on Lost has a small part on the episode?

Comment

I did notice that Evangeline Lilly made an appearance! Of course, I'd heard about it on a website or something beforehand, but still, it's a nice little cameo. "Kinetic" wasn't exactly the most amazing episode of all time, but it did have a few nice elements. For one, of course, it was one of the few episodes to really give Whitney's character the chance to be the center of attention and to have something interesting to do, and there was some nice development for him, and his growing, grudging respect for Clark. The Lana/Talon storyline took its first tentative steps here, and I liked it. It was nice seeing Lana, in the early seasons, beginning to try to be more independent and pursuing her own dreams and aspirations. Of course, one of my favorite elements of this episode was the Chlark angle. Seeing how concerned Clark was for Chloe's well-being, and the great conversations they had, both in the hospital and directly after Chloe got out, were both funny and touching. I love the innocence of the cast's Season One interactions.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
          I love the innocence of the cast's Season One interactions.
          Well not so innocent when 22 year old Lex tells 14 year old Lana that "this can be the start of a very interesting partnership" at the end(even worse they make Lana do the ambigious 5 second stare into outer space after he tells her that) :P
          Last edited by Supsfan; 08-27-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

This is the only episode I really noticed Whitney as not being the annoying jock, but in the end I ended up not caring for him again! :P It was weird seeing Kavan Smith as a villain (the lead jock) I was used to seeing him on another show (Stargate Atlantis). Walking through walls was cool. I felt really bad for Chloe in this episode, it may sound VERY odd but I felt like giving her a hug....which has NEVER happened before with a TV show! Go Lana on saving the Talon! I give this episode a 9.

Comment

Eh it was a good plot, but i hate the whiney episodes. IDK i guess im just dissapointed about this episode compared to the last

Comment

I was never a big fan of the Whitney character, but walking through walls is an interesting ability and makes an interesting episode. 6/10

Comment

I liked Whitney, I started liking him a few eps back, possibly early in the season. The other jocks I hated! I think they did an ok job with transforming Whitney from the stereotypical jock into the man who wants to do something better with his life.

Comment

Watching season 1 on DVD and finding parallels to later episodes. Most are from Season 10 and some Season 9, because I just picked back up watching the series after a long hiatus last season. The parallels are very fun, and the lines are really funny. This is my take on Kinetic...

This is kind of Ambush’s (S10) parallel episode.. we see clark chopping wood in both Kinetic and Ambush. Kinetic is also the episode when the Talon was born. Ambush is the episode when the Talon dies.

Fave quotes that get me giddy.

"Clark Kent, investigative reporter, has a nice ring to it."- Chloe

“These so called health care professionals just want me to stay in bed and eat jello”- Chloe
                    “Those fascists” - Clark (hehehehe)

Comment

I really wasn't that wild about this epp.......I'll call this one the first filler eppisode.

Comment

Not one of my favorites. I never really liked Whitney (it started with hanging Clark up in the cornfield) and I couldn't understand what a high school senior was doing dating a freshman. Also, it didn't make sense that Nell would go along with the age difference since she seemed very controlling. But seriously, what did it say about Whitney? Was something lacking there and he couldn't deal with girls his own age?

Comment

A whitney-centric episode. Unfortunately, Whitney is the guy who, in the pilot episode, violently attacked Clark and strung him up in the cornfield. And now, we're supposed to care about him loosing a scholarship. Sound more like karma, for his past actions (that he really should've been arrested for). They also establish that his family owns the local department store, but give no motivation for why his family can't pay for college (hence why he was dependent on the scholarship).

The freaks for the episode is a trio of very forgetable and stereotypical ex-high school jocks. I can't remember what the guys names are. Only one of them stood out for me and that's because I recognize him as Major Lorne from Stargate Atlantis, nothing to do with the actual character.

They have gained the ability to pass through solid matter, for a short while, thanks to Kryptonite tattoos. We've seen Kryptonite do a lot of stuff, on the show, but those tattoos are probably among the most farfetched that we've seen. Random mutations, thanks to accidental exposure to Kryptonite is one thing. Here, these three guys have decided to use meteor rock as tattoo ink. Where did they get the idea to do that, in the first place? The episode establishes that the effects of the tattoos is only temporary and it works less and less for them (hence the need for new blood). However, when Clark and Whitney are going through their stuff, the three guys phase in through the walls. Had they just given themselves new tattoos? Surely, with the effects only being temporary and it lasting less and less time, they would only apply the tattoos, when they absolutely need them.

The episode sets up the Talon coffee shop, which would be a lasting set, until season 8 (after that, they only used to apartment, which wasn't introduce until S3). Among Lana's idea is that it can feature various bands (which I don't think we ever saw) and that it can show arthouse movies. I found the latter hilarious. Not because we only saw them show a movie there, once, but because Lana thinks that there is a large interest in arthouse movies in a small town. I'm not saying, that there can't be anyone in town, who'd like to watch arthouse movies, but the majority (who you'd depend on, to make the place profitable) probably aren't. The suggestion just makes her seem out of touch, with what people around there actually like (like when she thought her jock boyfriend would love to see some museum exhibit).
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 08-26-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

The only thing I remember from this episode: "It will be fun, bro. FUN!!!"

The freaks of the week were entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                              The only thing I remember from this episode: "It will be fun, bro. FUN!!!"
                              He's Scottish. Not Oirish!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                                He's Scottish. Not Oirish!

"Be the truck! Be the truck! Be the truck!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎