Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.11 - Hug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a dull plot but good clark/chloe and kyle tippit was kool.

Comment

I LOVE Hug! It's an outstanding, super-fun episode. Kyle Tippet was one of my favorite guest characters in Season 1, and I wish he'd made a return appearance at some point. Bob Rickman was a cool villain, too. I could kind of care less about Victoria Hardwick one way or the other, though. The first on-screen Chlark kiss was a joy to see, too!

Comment

Lana was a real bee-yotch in this episode. Other than that, it was enjoyable.

Comment

Hmm...now i might go watch this one......don't really remember it

~K

Comment

I like the persuasion power, and it would be used a few more times. It also showed that not all meteor freaks are evil. I’m not sure why this episode was called “Hug” though. 7/10

Comment

First episode where I wanted to smack Lana! Chloe's first episode where I wanted to slap her was when she threw a fit over Lana helping with the school paper. Anyway, this proves how much of a better person than me that Clark is because I would have thrown it in Whitney and Lana's face that bad sales guy was manipulating people's minds and Whitney really did try to kill good salesman guy. But Im a biznitch like that.

Comment

Watching this ep, especially the final shot with lex and clark, makes me even more upset that lex got mindwiped...

Comment

Loved Kyle. "If I wanted to explain myself, I'd get a job" and "I live in a trailer not a cave." The guy was hilarious.

Comment

When I think of Lex and Clark's "stuff of legend" scene at the end and consider all that happened up to the series finale ... it's unfortunate, especially with how Lex turned out by series' end. The show itself set up what was supposed to be a friendship that becomes an epic rivalry between Clark and Lex and the results by series end did not live up to this as well as I'd hoped.

There are many reasons for this, over 10 seasons (overall writing, lack of character development when needed, emphasis on melodrama, etc.), but there's no doubt Lex uttering those fateful words set up the potential (and expectation) of how their opposing destinies could have unfolded. SV did have its moments with Lex v. Clark during its run, but the series finale and what happened to Lex ensured that the whole stuff of legends hype would peter out with a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      When I think of Lex and Clark's "stuff of legend" scene at the end and consider all that happened up to the series finale ... it's unfortunate, especially with how Lex turned out by series' end. The show itself set up what was supposed to be a friendship that becomes an epic rivalry between Clark and Lex and the results by series end did not live up to this as well as I'd hoped.

There are many reasons for this, over 10 seasons (overall writing, lack of character development when needed, emphasis on melodrama, etc.), but there's no doubt Lex uttering those fateful words set up the potential (and expectation) of how their opposing destinies could have unfolded. SV did have its moments with Lex v. Clark during its run, but the series finale and what happened to Lex ensured that the whole stuff of legends hype would peter out with a whimper.
                      They made their falling out far too much about Lana. They never should've went in the Lex/Lana direction. NEVER. It was borderline creepy (at best).

I just laught at the stuff of legend comment because of yes, it was a clear foreshadowing to their future relationship.

The mindwipe at the end just makes it weird because how can he (basically) become his father after he's been mindwiped with no father to raise him?

Comment

Over the past few years I've become a much more attentative watcher of motion picture products.

And while I still enjoy the episode for it's story, the editing is really, really bad. Tak for example the entire scene where Chloe kisses Clark. They shot it from several perspectives and then edited it together.

But that's what you usually do. For example, if you have two people talking to each other and not looking in the same direction (a technique that Smallville also used to no end) you usually shot over one actors shoulder and then the same scene again from the other perspective and then you cut it together so you can either see the speaker or the reaction of the spoken-to.

But in the kiss scene you can see Kyle's jaw moving because the actor talked while there's no audio. You can see Chloe turn to Clark and then cut and see her start to turn again. Especially the last one could have been prevented by just choosing a tiny bit smaller frame.

It takes you out of the story for a bit when you notice such things.

Comment

The last of two episode written by Doris Egan (the other being "Hourglass"). Just like the first one, we are presented with two meteor freaks. One benevolent and one evil. Bob and Kyle represents two alternative paths, that Clark could've taken in life. He could've exploited his powers to get rich and run off and hid in the woods, insisting that something happening wasn't his problem.

I like that the Kyle plot allows us to see a darker side of Smallville. Small town are known for being intolerant and that is what we see in this episode. We're not presented with a fantasy image of a small town.

Given Lana's attitude in this episode, it's hard to buy that Clark would continue having a crush on her, for most of the series. She lashes out at him, despite him being in the right. Then she criticizes him, for not having forgiven Whitney for the whole scarecrow thing, which is something that could've proven fatal. Whitney really should've been arrested and charged for that one.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎