Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.8 - Jitters

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode introduced a lot of things. We were introduced to Chloe's dad, but the episode also marked the first appearance of Metropolis, LuthorCorp Plaza and Kryptonite-based LuthorCorp experiments.

I thought it was a good episode. The Jonathan and Martha scene, in Metropolis, allowed them to flesh out Martha's backstory. Which is something, that we've never seen, in past adaptations. It's been explored in the comics, but the TV shows and movies had never before explored where Martha came from, before she married Jonathan Kent.

I also thought it was a nice touch, to have a sledgehammer visible, right next to the elevator doors. It's a minor detail, but it provides Earl and Lex (who don't know about Clark's powers) with a plausible explaination, to how Clark took down the fake wall. Often they didn't bother with providing an explanation for the characters, who don't know about Clark's powers.

Another nice touch, given what's established in later episodes, is that they have Lionel already know who Jonathan is. Sometimes TV shows have two characters meet, where they clearly don't know each other, then later episodes shows them having known each other, prior to the episode in question.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      I also thought it was a nice touch, to have a sledgehammer visible, right next to the elevator doors. It's a minor detail, but it provides Earl and Lex (who don't know about Clark's powers) with a plausible explaination, to how Clark took down the fake wall. Often they didn't bother with providing an explanation for the characters, who don't know about Clark's powers.
      There's a sledgehammer there? I've never noticed that!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        There's a sledgehammer there? I've never noticed that!
        I just saw it. And it's not a sledgehammer. It's even more convenient to be found in a plant: It's a fire axe! Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎