Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.6 - Hourglass

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved seeing Lex in the future with the suit and black glove with the raining blood, sure it was freaky! But it was just awesome seeing his evil side soooo early in the show, only the comic fans would be geeking out, while others would be . And Lex just doesn't know!

Comment

I think I need to watch this one again because my first impression was that this episode was rather boring.

Comment

Really great episode.Not on my top just because of the henry situation.But the ending is trully epic to this day

Comment

I've been re-watching episodes, and I have to say this is a great episode. Just something that bugged me, he was so careless with his powers saving that girl =/

Still a great episode...

Comment

This was quite the iconic early Smallville episode. Cassandra Carver was a wonderful character. The visions she saw of Clark and Lex helped spell out both their destinies in an amazing way that helped set up the rest of the series. Harry Volk was so creepy... he really was menacing when he was hunting down Martha, but I'm glad that Clark was able to save his parents, even though it was sad that Cassandra died.

Comment

I'll always love this episode. It was the first one I saw in its entirety which led me to becoming a smallville fan ... and to think, that was 9 years ago!! <3

Comment

Best episode of the first season, really well executed and really set up who Clark...and especially who Lex is underneath it all...

Comment

Another classic episode. The first time Clark’s and Lex’s futures are shown. A must-see episode! 9/10

Comment

This was a very well written episode, seems like more detail was put into it as were numerous amounts of layers. This was the first weekly evil that I hated just because he was so bad and had been for awhile. Stupid little punk murdering an innocent child just because his daddy didnt give him a recommendation. Spiteful little SOB!
                    The one thing I did like about Cassandra's powers were Clark seeing himself surrounded by graves; I do not think he is immortal and will forever be ageless, but I do think he will age slower and could live for a long long long time before he finally dies. I believe even batteries reach their limits. Clark's life span has always been a problem and Clark on this show especially will have a hard time having to watch those around him die in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm
                      Another classic episode. The first time Clark’s and Lex’s futures are shown. A must-see episode! 9/10
                      This epp sure gives you a good indication as to where Clark and Lex were headed. At the same time this epp aired, Lex had become the President in the comics!!!

Comment

Im sorry but the Harry Volk storyline brought down the rating on this episode very much. I like how it showed Clarks and Lexs future so early in the show-Its like Romeo and Juliet you know whats going to happen but you want to keep on watching to see the journey. Lana finding out about the Wall of wierd was pretty cool because it shows that Lana is starting to hang out with Clark and his friends more and more. Like I said the Harry storyline brought down this episode greatly but the ending was pretty cool-for a little bit I actually thought Martha was going to die. Cassandra is one of my favorite freak of the weeks ever because she was so insparational to Clark in this episode.

So Ill give this episode a:8/10

Comment

Just rewatched this one... Harry was OK as FOTW, but the Cassandra sub plot definitely stole the show.

The visions of the future she has for both Clark and especially Lex are two of my most standout memories in the shows entire run.

Lex's vision was definitely the darkest and deepest that SV has gotten up to that point, and really stood out as a defining moment for his characters run on the show. Really a great scene...

Comment

A very well-made episode. Eric Christian Olsen and George Murdock play Harry Volk, an old man who becomes young again, thanks to a mix of Kryptonite and electricity. However, rather then starting over a new leaf, he chooses to use this opportunity to murder relatives of the 12 people, who put him in prison nearly 60 years ago. Volk was given a second chance at life, but couldn't let go of the past.

Meanwhile, Clark is warned that someone close to him is going to die and is given a vision of him outliving everyone he loves. Forcing him to deal with a fundamental fear of loosing a loved one. Even facing the possibility of outliving everyone he loves. This, of course, doesn't confirm that he is immortal. It just implies that he will outlive them. His parents are in like their 40's, so they would likely be dead by the time Clark is in his 70's. Pete, Lana and Chloe could all die from an illness or old age. He could die two years after them and therefore having outlived them. Clark admits a fear of being alone. Being a freshman in HS, he might also not spend a lot of time thinking about the next ten years (probably doesn't envision a future where he meets someone much better than Lana). The fact that he and his current friends may not be friends forever (not because they died, but because they moved away and lost contact, like people do) and that he'll make new friends down the line. Pete will be out of Clark's life in three years. Jonathan will pass away in five. Lana will be gone in eight years. In ten years, Chloe and Martha will be the only two from this time in his life, that he's still in contact with. Over the next ten years, he'll have made many new friends. Because that's life. You either accept changes or hold onto the past, like Harry Volk, until it destroys you.

This episode also introduces the show's first benevolent metahuman, in Cassandra. I also like that they establish Harry having been a murderer, who spent nearly 60 years dreaming of getting revenge on the jurors who convicted him. Sometimes, the show had an unfortunate tendancy to blame the villains evilness on Kryptonite.

Comment

First time I saw this I was quite shacken by the last 5 minutes. Cassandra's vision of Lex's future was so disturbing (to the point that it kills her) and Rosenbaum sold Lex's horrified reaction to her death amazingly well.

One of the best S1 episodes, I feel. Most of the FotW were forgettable and boring, but Cassandra and Ryan were the most important in regards to affecting Clark.
                              Last edited by costas22; 05-24-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                                First time I saw this I was quite shacken by the last 5 minutes. Cassandra's vision of Lex's future was so disturbing (to the point that it kills her) and Rosenbaum sold Lex's horrified reaction to her death amazingly well.

One of the best S1 episodes, I feel. Most of the FotW were forgettable and boring, but Cassandra and Ryan were the most important in regards to affecting Clark.

I totally agree with you on both this and the Ryan episodes being the best of season 1. I love Jackie Burroughs in general ( she was on a show called Road to Avonlea), and this episode was very well thought on in terms of character development. I wasn't a huge fan of the Harry storyline, but it wasn't horrendous either.

I wish that that show would have had more good freaks of the week to even out the bad. It would have been cool to see Clark have the positive examples to encourage him on his journey, but alas, I wasn't in charge. 😜🙂

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎