Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Smallville Pilot?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
    I have a question regarding the Scarecrow.

I don't know how far back this tradition goes and why never a single scarecrow'ed student ever brought charges against his tormentors.

But in 1989 a student (Jeremy Creek) was put into a coma because he had no way to bring himself to safety from the impacting meteors.

Shouldn't that at least merrit an investigation why a comatose boy lies in a field while still bound to a cross?

And even if everyone who knew about it kept quiet because the current jocks only did was their older brothers and maybe even their fathers did, shouldn't that at least brought an end to this tradition?

What about the poor guy who was scarecrow'ed in 1990? After having seen what happened to Jeremy I would assume that they sued everyone from the jocks to the school to the football team sponsors.

If Jeremy's coma didn't stop this tradition why should we assume it ever stopped and is continuing to this day?
    I agree. that was one of those things about the pilot ep that made me go "WTF"? It showed that the town had a lot of issues long before the meteor shower even came along. I mean, you'd have to be some kind of sociopath to not even care if your town traditions are endangering the lives of normal people everywhere. And since nobody else seems to care, we apparently have a town full of sociopaths.

This just makes me think that the meteor rocks weren't what made the meteor mutants go cuckoo... they already had underlying issues long before they had the powers.

Comment

• you are right

Originally posted by Jennsen
      In episode 'Jitters' Lex risked his life to save a bunch of schoolchildren, including Clark, from a very dangerous man. (Yes, Clark could save himself, but Lex didn't know that.) I'd say that should be a pretty solid basis for respect at least. Like, I dunno about you, but my attitude towards a person who was willing to lay down his life for kids he didn't even know would definitely change for the better.
      I agree with you 100% but I've noticed Jonathan's resentful and judgmental look at Lex before he went into the plant to save those kids when he was finished explaining the situation in front of Martha, Lionel and Lex and Lex followed up on it by going in there and risking his life. Have you notice that too?
      Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-03-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎