Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Music of Season One

I have the soundtrack. It is awesome. =) Discuss season one's music here!

I thought Season 1 had a great score. All the songs fit nicely with their scenes.

Comment

^

What he said fits for the most part with the whole series. Well, all of the MAJOR songs (as in songs that were prominantly played enough to remember them)

Comment

My favorite song would have to be "Time After Time" by Eva Cassidy. That was played in "Crush" during Jack Fordman's funeral.

Comment

the music is really good im rewatching season 1 and the music they play is great

Comment

A song is missing from episode "Crush"...

This has been bugging me for some time now and I had to comment here. In the 1st season during the episode "Crush" there was a song played at the start of the episode during the elevator scene where the man in the elevator dies.

The song playing is a fast rock song where the vocals sound alot like Rob Zombie.(But it isn't Rob Zombie).

This song is not listed on ANY of the song lists for the episodes.

The songs listed include....

"You and I" by Micah Green
            "40 to 5" by Leave the World
            "Nothing To Do" by Bottlefly
            "Light In Your Eyes" by Louise Goffin
            "2001 Spliff Odyssey" by the Thievery Corporation
            "Time After Time" by Eva Cassidy

It's obviously not Micah Green,Louise Goffin or Eva Cassidy from a first look. And after listening to the other three songs by Bogglefly,Thievery corp and Leave the World I can say for 100% it is not them either.

This means that the song was never listed on this episode.

If anyone has the DVD of that episode. Could you please skip to that part of the episode and listen to the song and tell me who you think it is?

Comment

it is a very good song

Comment

No one knows?

Please look into this for me.

Comment

i'lll try to

Comment

Does anyone know which song is playing in Season 1, Episode "Cool", while Chole is lighting a candle at Jenna's shrine? It is the song that is playing an instant before the one from "Jewel". I always find the same 5 songs listed:

"Rescue" by Eve 6
                    "Let Your Shoulder Fall" by Matthew Jay
                    "Top of the World" by the Juliana Theory
                    "On Your Side" by Pete Yorn
                    "Standing Still" by Jewel

But that particular song never is shown.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a small sample I got of the Song. It was played in the Episode I mentioned.

Who knows what the song is?

Last edited by Dustin88; 07-12-2006, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know?

Does the Webmaster know that it isn't included in the song list?

It's the first song played of that episode and it isn't included.

Comment

I'll repost the link elsewhere where there's a larger more diverse group of users and see if any of them can identify it.

Comment

I E-mailed the Webmaster of this site and informed them that this song was missing from the song list and asked them what they thought it was. So far I haven't gotten a reply.

Comment

Im currently rewatching season 1, so most of these are fresher than the later ones. Whereas in later seasons, the songs fitted in better, season 1 seemed more about great songs, not necessarily a great context. There are some exceptions though.

The Way It Is (Bruce Hornsby) from Pilot, when the Kents are in the flower shop near the beginning. Its just an awesome song, end of argument!
                              Wherever You Will Go (The Calling) from Metamorphosis. Its quite a sweet romantic song, and this is one that fits in well with context. Whitney has let Lana down by losing the necklace but forgives him, yet Clark is still in the background, as loyal as ever, without wishing to interfere (hangs the necklace on the door)
                              Hero (Enrique Iglesias) from Craving. Similar to the Calling, just a sweet romantic song in a cosy little ending scene.
                              Rescue (Eve 6) from Cool. Not a great context, played in the party at the start. Its an amazing tune though!
                              God is a DJ (Faithless) recurring through Zero. A very powerful one, used in little subtle clips, that always take Lex back to that night.
                              Time After Time (Eva Cassidy) from Crush. Used beautifully, and makes the funeral scene very emotional.
                              The Middle (Jimmy Eat World) from Drone. Jimmy Eat World are awesome, thats all!

And my favourite, probably of the whole series, because its such a beautiful song. So good they used it twice, Everything (Lifehouse) from Pilot and Tempest. In both cases, used in a romantic dance, though to greater effect in Tempest, with Whitney leaving. Such an emotional song, I just adore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎