Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LightningFlash
    They need "Higher Power" now. Maybe for a God-heavy episode.
    Now that is a kick ass song I have been rockin out to that recently.

Comment

It'll work great for an episode as well. And wondering, would Supernatural ever use Blues Traveler or are they not considered "classic"?

Comment

I doubt they will use Blues Traveler..just doesn't seem like Classic Rock

Comment

I would definitely buy a music cd. Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Xena have had music cd's, why not Supernatural.

I've tried to find playlists on Itunes and couldn't figure it out. I only have Itunes on my Microsoft XP desktop.

Comment

I came across this! It has never offically been released.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
              I came across this! It has never offically been released.

http://soundtracksharity.blogspot.co...-lennertz.html
              Check your PM.

Kripke did tell me at ComicCon that he didn't think fans would want a CD of the show because it's all rock music from days past. I said that is one of the reasons a lot of fans would buy it lol. And he smiled.

Comment

The music they use is the best.. I love it they can't go wrong..

Comment

i grew up listening to classic rock this makes it a great plus for me.

Comment

this show has got me interested into classic rock!! i love it!

Comment

they need some more metallica. Maybe some Unforgiven or (and i know its over used but it fits the best) Enter Sandman. They were going to use it in the pilot.

Comment

There is a free radio station on the net called 'last fm', if you type in 'supernatural soundtrack' into the search engine you will get an option to listen to 'supernatural radio', which will play a selection of tunes from the show and other tunes from the same bands.
                        You can do this with any bands etc, I just tried supernatural as I was really wanting a soundtrack cd from it and was surprised to get a result.
                        It's all legal and above board too, with money going to the artists played.

The world's largest online music service. Listen online, find out more about your favourite artists, and get music recommendations, only at Last.fm

Comment

Kripke said that the music budget was cut in half so that is why there hasn't been much music on the show

Also companies are NOT interested at all in a soundtrack. Kripke said maybe a playlist on iTunes could work lol
                          Last edited by Lexgirl33; 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                            Kripke said that the music budget was cut in half so that is why there hasn't been much music on the show
                            Yeah, I noticed that from s3(I think) onwards that there wasn't as much music as the budget had been cut.
                            Also companies are NOT interested at all in a soundtrack. Kripke said maybe a playlist on iTunes could work lol
                            I am not surprised as licencing that kind of music for a s/track CD would be very expensive and would probably lose money. When I bought the s/track to the movie 'Dazed and confused' it was very expensive, much more than a normal album, it featured the same kind of music from the 70s. Also, these days, folk can just download certain tracks they want whether legally or not. It would just be cool to have the CD with pics etc.

Comment

ITA. While a CD would be an awesome collection item, it wouldn't make money. And yeah, we just get all the songs that have played on the show individually.

Comment

I think it's kinda cool that the music budget was cut down just because if there is a song in the intro, then it's likely a major episode for that season.

And also...would SPN ever play new AC/DC? Black Ice is a good CD, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎