Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural Music Song List Covering All Songs Played On Supernatural

New Music List Made By Me! Check It Out!

The Official Supernatural Music List!

The following is an extensive and detailed posting of ALL the known songs ever played on Supernatural and MOST are accompanied by a description of the Supernatural scenes that they were played in for fan and character reference.

Songs and song locations in an episode will continue to be added following new episodes and if more songs are found for older episodes.

Some have yet to be confirmed as they only show up on the CW Lounge Supernatural Music List and none of the other known official lists out there.

I have further highlighted on the list the songs I have yet to find, if anyone finds these songs alert me immediately please!

Season 1 Promo Songs
    Dave Matthews Band - Out Of My Hands
    Crossfade – No Giving Up
    Echo And The Bunnymen - Killing Moon - UK- Promo by ITV

Season 1 (2005/2006)

Unaired Pilot
    Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Jessica gets ready for the Halloween party)
    50 Cent - Disco Inferno (Jessica, Sam and a friend at the Halloween party)
    Jay Z – 99 Problems (guy stops for the hitchhiking Woman in White)
    ZZ Top - La Grange (Dean and Sam at the gas station)
    Metallica - Enter the Sandman (after Sam found Dean's "Mullet Rock" Collection)
    AC/DC - Highway to Hell (after Constance's spirit's gone and Dean and Sam are talking about finding their dad)
    AC/DC - Back in Black (closing credits)

Mentioned, but not played: Black Sabbath, Motorhead

Pilot
    Classic - What Cha Gonna Do (Jessica, Sam and a friend at the Halloween party)
    Eagles of Death Metal - Speaking In Tongues (guy stops for the hitchhiking Woman in White)
    Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man (Dean and Sam at the gas station)
    AC/DC - Back in Black ( after Sam found Dean's "Mullet Rock" Collection )
    AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Dean and Sam are talking about finding their dad)
    The Living Daylights - Gasoline
    Kid Gloves Music - My Cheatin' Ways

Mentioned, but not played: Black Sabbath , Motorhead, Metallica

Wendigo
    Dave Matthew's Band - Out of My Hands (played during Sam's nightmare in which he visits Jess' grave
    Foreigner - Hot Blooded (in the car when Sam wakes from his nightmare)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Down South Jukin' (at the bar where the guys discuss the case and watch the video on the laptop)
    Rush - Fly By Night (at the end when Sam's driving the Impala and they leave the woods)

Dead in the Water
    Black Toast Music - What A Way To Go (At the Lynnwood Inn when the guys look through newspaper articles)
    Ratt - Round And Round (when they arrive at Lake Manitoc )
    Billy Squier - Too Daze Gone (in the car with the " We aren't gonna have to hug, are we?" - remark)
    Bad Company - Movin' On (at the end when they leave Amy and her son)
    Mentioned, but not played: Led Zeppelin

Phantom Traveler
    Black Sabbath - Paranoid (The "Blues Brothers" on the way to the warehouse)
    Rush – Working Man (in the Impala when they try to get Amanda Walker on the phone)
    Metallica - Wherever I May Roam (Played on the earphones on the airplane by one of the passengers)

Mentioned, but not played (well, hummed by Dean to calm him down): Metallica - Some Kind of Monster

Bloody Mary
    Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down (Jill's encounter with Bloody Mary)
    Def Leppard - Rock of Ages (in the car when they're talking about how Mary is connected to all the mirrors)
    The Rolling Stones - Laugh, I Nearly Died (end of episode when Sam sees Jessica at the side of the road)

Skin
    Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (shapeshifter is surrounded by police in the apartment)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Poison Whiskey (at the gas station where Sam's reading his emails)
    Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot (shapeshifter fleeing crime scene and shedding skin in the sewers)
    Free - All Right Now (end of episode when Dean tells Sam that he wished he could have a normal life)

Hook Man
    Split Habit - Higher Mathematics/Merry Go Round (Beginning of episode when Lorie's getting ready for her date)
    Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (When they're arriving at the fraternity house)
    Low Five - Noise (When they meet Murf and question him about the death of the fraternity guy)
    APM - At Rest (At the sermon for Lorie's dead friend)
    APM - Royal Bethlehem (When they do research at the library)

Paul Richards - U Do 2 Me (at the college party)
    Boston - Peace Of Mind (End of episode when Sam and Dean hit the road)

Bugs
    Def Leppard - Rock of Ages (at the beginning in the bar scene, also played in Bloody Mary )
    Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It (shown for this episode on CW Lounge Song List for Supernatural - SONG YET TO BE CONFIRMED)
    Bob Reynolds - Medusa (Plays very briefly as Dean & Sam park at the university where they get the bones identified)
    The Scorpions - No One Like You (at the end of episode when the guys hit the road)

Home
    no licensed music played

Asylum
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Hey You (at the bar when they question the cop)

Scarecrow
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lodi (at the bus station when Sam meets Meg again)
    Bad Company – Bad Company (at the end when Meg makes her “call”)
    Mentioned, but not played: Led Zeppelin

Faith
    Blue Öyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper (when the Reaper kills the girl in the woods)

Route 666
    The James Gang - Walk Away (at the service station when Cassie first calls Dean)
    Bad Company - She Brings Me Love (during the love scene between Dean and Cassie)
    Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home (at the end of the episode when Dean puts on his shades)

Nightmare
    Bob Seger System – Two Plus (at the beginning when Jim pulls his car in the garage)

The Benders
    Joe Walsh – Rocky Mountain Way ( Kugel's Kec bar, with Dean playing dart and Sam doing research)

Shadow
    Little Charlie and the Nightcats - You Got Your Hooks In Me (teaser, the song Meredith is listening to on her iPod)
    The Vue – Pictures of Me ( Firehead Bar, when Dean hits on the bartender and Sam spots Meg again)

Hell House
    Blue Öyster Cult – Fire of Unknown Origin (the song on the radio Dean is singing)
    Waco Brothers - Fast Train Down (At the diner when they're talking about the tulpa theory)
    Blue Öyster Cult – Burnin' for You (At the end of the episode when they are leaving the trailer park)

Something Wicked
    UFO – Rock Bottom (after the Teaser; Sam and Dean on their way to Fitchburg )
    Ozzy Osbourne – Road to Nowhere (at the end of the episode when they hit the road again)

Provenance
    Steve Carlson - Night Time (at the Bar when Dean hits on the girls)
    Grand Funk Railroad – Bad Time (To Be In Love) (the song on the car radio; Dean "sets the mood" for Sam and Sarah)

Dead Man's Blood
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - The House Is Rockin' (teaser; Elkins in the Bar studying his journal)
    Charlie Robison - My Hometown (after teaser; Sam and Dean at a diner looking for a "job")
    Brian Keith Nutter - Searching For the Truth (shown for this episode on CW Lounge Song List - SONG YET TO BE CONFIRMED)
    Tito & Tarantula - Strange Face Of Love (the vampires partying at their place)
    88 Crash - Trailer Trash (shown for this episode on CW Lounge Song List - SONG YET TO BE CONFIRMED)

Salvation
    Kansas – Carry On My Wayward Son (played during the recap of events before the actual episode)

Devil's Trap
    Triumph – Fight The Good Fight ("The Road So Far", recap of previous events)
    Joe Walsh – Turn To Stone (Sam and Dean on the way to Bobby)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising (end of episode, when they are hit by the truck)

SUPERNATURAL: MUSIC FROM SEASON ONE
    - Christopher Lennertz

1. And So It Begins - "Pilot"
    (Heard in the opener as Mary gets out of bed to check on baby Sam. The beginning strains are heard again in 1.14 as Max tells Sam his mother died in his nursery)

(Can be considered The Demon's Theme.)

2. Let‘s Go Hunting - "Pilot"
    (Heard as Dean opens up the trunk and tells Sam what John was hunting)

3. On the Bridge - "Pilot"
    (Heard as Dean and Sam spot the Woman in White who falls from the bridge)

4. Sam Understands - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as the father sits on the deck through the son talking to the boys)

5. A Father‘s Despair - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard after the boys first meet Lucas as the Sheriff tells them what he’s been through)

6. He Can‘t Speak - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as Dean colors with Lucas in the park)

7. Not The Lake - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as the boys find the father in the boat on the lake through the attack )

8. A Lonely Picture - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as Dean talks to the kid the second time, realizing he’s scared and telling him his father would want him to be brave)

9. The Water Attacks - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as Andrea gets attacked in the tub)

10. Evil Awaits - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard as the old lady tells Dean and Sam about her boy’s disappearance through the father sitting on the dock)

11. The Hidden Terror - "Dead In The Water"
    (Heard throughout the climactic scene, starting as Andrea says “Tell me you didn’t kill anybody” and all the way through to Dean saving Lucas)

12. The Morgue - "Bloody Mary"
    (Heard as the boys examine the body in the morgue. Theme throughout the episode)

13. Dean Comforts Sam - "Bloody Mary"
    (Heard when Dean pulls over the car to tell Sam Jess’s death wasn’t his fault)

14. Searching History - "Hookman"
    (Heard as Dean and Sam first get the boxes to go through papers at the library)

15. The Library - "Hookman"
    (Heard as Sam and Dean return to the books after the pastor gets attacked)

16. No One Believes Me - "Hookman"
    (Heard at the end as Laurie and Sam talk while Dean watches in the mirror)

17. Fighting the Beast - "Home"
    (Heard as the boys fight the poltergeist in the house through Mary appearing)

18. Nightmare - "Nightmare"
    (Heard when the brothers are at the wake at the house, starting as Dean asks the mother about the house, through Sam talking to Max)

19. Into The Loft - "Shadow"
    (Heard as Sam follows Meg through the streets and into the warehouse)

20. Dad Is Alive - "Shadow"
    (Heard throughout the reunion of John and the boys)

21. Hell House - "Hell House"
    (It’s got to be in 1.17 right? But hell if I can find it)

22. Boys Break In - "Provenance"
    (Heard as the boys break into the auction house to destroy the painting)

23. Sam Can Love Again[ - "Provenance"
    (Heard as Dean confronts Sam about moving on after Jess)

24. Sam Opens Up - "Provenance"
    (Heard as Sam tells Sara about Jess)

25. Penance/Murder - "Provenance"
    (Heard from the moment the episode begins (the beginning vocals were taken out of the real episode track) through Meg’s arrival and subsequent attack on Pastor Jim)

SEASON ONE DVD Special Features: "Blue Jeans" - Marc Broussard (during "A Day in the Life Of" while the boys are getting their makeup done)

Season 2 Promo Songs
    Jo "There Are More Of Us" Voiceover Promo: She Wants Revenge - "These Things"

Days Like These - One In One Thousand (Australian "In My Time Of Dying" promo)

Alex Kharlamov, Randy Miller (writers)/MegaTrax Music Production - Eternal Destiny (A Cappella Mix)
    (Rare Song) ("Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" Promo)

Radiohead - Optimistic (ITV2 "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" Promo)

Silverchair - Straight Lines (ITV2 "No Exit" Promo)

Justin Timberlake - Sexyback (ITV2 "Crossroad Blues Promo)

Johnny Cash - God Is Gonna Cut You Down (Heard in a promo for new Jan 2006 episodes)

Nazareth - Hair Of The Dog (Heard in "Croatoan" and "Hunted" promo)

Apollo 440 - Don't Fear The Reaper (ITV2 "Hunted" Promo)

Season 2 (2006/2007)

In My Time of Dying
    Ted Nugent - Stranglehold (played during recap of previous events)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising (STILL playing in the car)

Everybody Loves a Clown
    The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today (played during recap of previous events)
    Three Dog Night - Shambala (One week later as Dean fixes the Impala)
    Captain & Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time (Played in the "friggin' soccer mom" van, Sam and Dean take to the Roadhouse)

Bloodlust
    Journey - Wheel in the Sky (Played during recap of previous events)
    AC/DC - Back in Black (After the teaser; the Impala's back on the road; also played in the Pilot)
    Long John Hunter - Time and Time Again (At the bar when they meet Ellen for the first time)
    Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials - Golden Rule (The brother's and Gorden drinking at a bar)
    Lee Rocker - Funny Car Graveyard (Sam calling Ellen about Gordon)

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
    Supergrass - Sad Girl [At the beginning when Neil plays the emo music)
    The Rolling Stones - Laugh, I Nearly Died (Played as Dean and Sam talk on hood of Impala near end; also played in Bloody Mary)

Simon Said
    Daniel May - Women's Wear (Teaser; Doc shooting the shop owner and then himself)
    Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials - Tired of Crying (At the Roadhouse, the guys looking for Ash)
    REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling (The song Jo puts on at the Roadhouse that Dean scoffs at)
    Spinal Tap - Stonehenge (Heard as Dean and Sam walk up to Andy's van)
    Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days (Heard as the episode closes, as Ellen gets whiskey for the boys)

No Exit
    Cheap Trick - Surrender (As Sam and Dean drive to Philly)
    Godsmack - Mama
    Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (Dean's ringtone)
    Foreigner - Cold As Ice (Heard on the radio that Dean turns on during the long drive home and Ellen shuts off)

The Usual Suspects
    No licensed music played

Crossroad Blues
    Son House - Downhearted Blues (The song played in George's apartment when Sam and Dean question him about Lloyd's)
    Robert Johnson - Crossroad Blues (Flashback scene with Johnson at the Crossroads)
    Big Bill Broonzy - Key To the Highway (On the radio in the Impala as Sam talks to Dean about John)
    Brian Tichy - Chaos Surrounds You (The song playing on the radio when Dean switches the radio station and refuses to answer Sam's question, though Dean's eyes and silence are answers enough)

Nazareth - Hair of a Dog (Played during the SOON preview for upcoming episodes)

Croatoan
    No licensed music played

Hunted
    Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Scott talks to his psychologist about the Yellow-Eyed Man through him walking home)
    Carey Bell - Lonesome Stranger (Sam talks to Ellen at the Roadhouse)
    Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Ash gives Sam his search results at the Roadhouse)

Promo: "God's Gonna Cut You Down" - Johnny Cash
    ITV2 "Hunted" Promo: (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Apollo 440

Playthings
    No licensed music played

Night Shifter
    The Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
    Styx - Renegade (Played at the end when detective Henrikksen finds the bound Swat Men to when the boys drive away at the end)

Houses Of The Holy
    Jamie Dunlap - Down On Love (Dean's "magic fingers" music)
    Bob Dylan - Knocking On Heavens Door (The song played throughout the ending scene as Sam talks about his desperation to be saved and Dean sudden rise in faith)

Shown yet never played:"Kasmir" by Led Zeppelin)
    (That is song that it originally says on Dean's IPOD while Dean's "magic fingers bed" are working him over)

Born Under A Bad Sign
    The Doors - The Crystal Ship - (When Jo awakens tied to the post through Sam's mocking torture to Dean bursting into the room shotgun in hand)
    Tarbox Ramblers - Ashes to Ashes
    REO Speedwagon - Back On The Road Again (Played in the ending car scene as Sam tells Dean how much he remembers and Dean's vow to save Sam if it's the last thing he ever does)

Tall Tales
    Junk Food - Next to You (Playing in the bar when Sam described the drunken Dean scene)
    The James Gang - Walk Away (In the opening Sam and Dean scene when Sam asks Dean to turn it down and classic Dean, he turns it up)
    Chris De Burgh - Lady In Red - (alien slow dancing...WTF hehe)
    Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe - (When the lovely ladies invite Dean to have a little fun with them)

Roadkill
    Animals - House of the Rising Sun (Played repeatedly on the radio whenever the insane farmer is coming around...awesome song)

Heart
    Kip Winger - Smoking Gun (Played at the strip club)
    The Stooges - Down In The Street (Played during the scene when Dean confronts the werewolf and discovers it's Madison)
    Screaming Trees - Look At You (The song that plays during Sam and Madison's hot sex scene)
    Queensryche - Silent Lucidity (Played at the end - Starts when Dean sees Sam's pain, walks up behind her and gently takes the gun from Madison, offering Sam that Dean can do it instead. Plays until the gunshot is heard in the clear and a tear rolls down Dean's face)

Hollywood Babylon
    Frank Sinatra - I've Got The World On A String (YET TO BE CONFIRMED)
    Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass - Green Peppers (At the end when Sam leaves the set, Dean happily comes out of the movie star's trailer and Sam and Dean walk off into the "sunset")

Folsom Prison Blues
    Booker T. & The MGs - Green Onions (When getting out of the bus with the shackles on their hands and feet)
    Alice in Chains - Rooster (Played at the end when Henrikksen realizes he went to the wrong graveyard and the boys escape again)

What Is And What Should Never Be
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Saturday Night Special

(Played Twice this episode!!! A lovely display of musical parallels to match the story parallels.

First Time: When Dean is driving down the road alone and Sam calls him from the motel.

Second Time: When Dean and Sam are in the car in the alternate reality and Dean drives to Illinois)

The Ramones (More accurately Joey Ramone) - What A Wonderful World (When Dean was doing Dean's version of the ultimate normal thing - cutting the lawn with the lawnmower and smiling all the way to all the neighbors)

When All Breaks Loose (Part One)
    Boston - Foreplay/Long Time

(Played during the Psykids Recap at the beginning of the episode through the opening scene when they were in the car driving up to the restaurant until the radio shuts off by itself)

Wrapped Around Your Finger - Carlin Music (The song played when Dean enters the diner and finds everyone dead, Sam gone and sulfur residue on the back door)

When All Breaks Loose (Part Two)
    Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas (Opening Recap Song, it's turning into tradition)
    Don't Look Back - Boston (Song played at the very end when Dean smiles and they close the trunk)

(I've got almost all these songs from both seasons so PM me your email, we can talk, we can swap and I can give them to you, whichever ones you need. I am here to help!)
    Last edited by The_Promise; 05-18-2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

*is empressed* wow......

Comment

You're very welcome and I hope this help out alot of people who were trying to figure out the songs too!!!

Enjoy!

Comment

WOW. and yes this will help me MANY MANY times.

Comment

Cool! Thanks so much for posting!

Comment

Song list updated all the way to:

When All Breaks Loose (Part Two)

Comment

wow the promise that is very cool thanks for posting you rock !!!!

Comment

i need some help from supernatural fans, maybe you can help me.
                  ok i was watching wendigo 1.2 :P and as i listened to the closing credits min 41.00
                  I LOVED THE MUSIC ... but i cant find which song is it and by who... so yah if you can help me please do so
                  greatly appreciated !!

Comment

Did you check the post up above?
                    The Promise listed music from all the episodes up to AHBL part 2

Comment

The split up of the STYXX song Renegade was pretty ingenious imho but then(to use a double negative) I havn't not liked the music choices and placement in the various eppys.

Comment

well...

As shocked as I was to find out that I could ever like a Queensryche song..(Usually making fun of QR)

The one piece I really really find myself playing the dvd in reverse for is the guitar instrumental that they use in "Bloodlust" (the whole "talking over the car" at the end scene), Croatoan (driving into town) and Heart (Sam not so comfy sitting around Madison's apartment). It's a simple guitar piece...but I find myself liking that a lot (it's got an almost David Gilmour feel[Pink Floyd... c'mon!!]) Does it have a name?
                        Me=no clue (least I haven't seen it in the credits)

Comment

The music is actually what got me hooked on SPN. I'm a huge classic rock fan, and as soon as I heard Back In Black and Highway To Hell in the Pilot, I knew the show would be awesome.

Comment

My Supernatural Playlist

Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
                            Fight The Good Fight - Triumph
                            Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
                            Renegade - Styx
                            Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
                            Don't Look Back - Boston
                            Back In Black - AC/DC
                            Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
                            Fire of Unknown Origin - Blue Oyster Cult
                            You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
                            Heat of the Moment - Asia
                            Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
                            You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC

Comment

hheeeeattt of the moment

Good list!

Comment

They need "Higher Power" now. Maybe for a God-heavy episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎