Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel=Clark's New Father Figure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wasnt impressed with that shot of lionel and clark in the window. clark cut a desolate figure and it was almost like Lionel was tryin to replace JK but clark was really sad that that was what it had come to

Comment

Originally posted by SS420
      im not sure if anyone else noticed this or has brought this up but Jor-El is definitely NOT gone from Lionel. yeah i know the "thank you son" line from lionel seemed like him being a father figure, but it was actually Jor-El talking too. If you can go back and watch that scene again you will notice the line before the "thank you son" line.......

"... whatever the reason..." line is definitely Jor-El's (Terrence Stamp's) voice.

I went back and double-checked and its definitely Jor-El speaking too so he is definitely still somewhere inside Lionel.....
      Then how come he didn't sound like Jor-El in the FOS? In Hidden?

Comment

i think the big JL is gone from lionels body for now and the scene was totally un JorL related. He sounded nothing like he did in the FoS in Hidden

Comment

Who is responsible for starting the cycle of abuse? Lachlan or Lionel Luthor?

My take on Lionel's line "Whatever the reason, Thank you son" with the shot of them side by side at the window. is that Lionel feels that Clark is more of a son to him than Lex and views Clark as his second son. Lionel regrets for not being the father Lex needed to have and feels responsible that he never gave him that when he was younger. Lionel is now starting to realize that and he feels horrible about his mistreatment of his only son. If Lionel's own father Lachlan Luthor hadn't mistreated him during his own youth, Lionel wouldn't have mistreated Lex so badly. I believe Clark is the better son than Lex because of the fact that Clark is more trustworthy than Lex and because what Clark said about Lex in season 7 is true, Clark was right when he said " He would have felt the same way about you, Lex, if you would have tried." if lex had tried harder to be the better son both Jonathan and Lionel would have felt the same way about him. So when Lex said " I did try, Clark. In fact, when we first met...you inspired me." Clark should have said " You should have tried harder then, instead of given into the pressure of what you assumed they wanted for a son, and tried being a son for once or proven to them that you were worthy of being their son and trusted that they loved you underneath it all instead of questioning it or second guessing it." this would have been more honest for Clark to say this to Lex Just in MHO.
          Last edited by laurarawlins; 12-22-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laurarawlins
            My take on Lionel's line "Whatever the reason, Thank you son" with the shot of them side by side at the window. is that Lionel feels that Clark is more of a son to him than Lex and views Clark as his second son. Lionel regrets for not being the father Lex needed to have and feels responsible that he never gave him that when he was younger. Lionel is now starting to realize that and he feels horrible about his mistreatment of his only son. If Lionel's own father Lachlan Luthor hadn't mistreated him during his own youth, Lionel wouldn't have mistreated Lex so badly. I believe Clark is the better son than Lex because of the fact that Clark is more trustworthy than Lex and because what Clark said about Lex in season 7 is true, Clark was right when he said "they would have felt the same about you Lex, if you had tried." if lex had tried harder to be the better son both Jonathan and Lionel would have felt the same way about him. So when Lex said " I did try, Clark, in fact you inspired me" Clark should have said " You should have tried harder then, instead of given into the pressure of what you assumed they wanted for a son, and tried being a son for once or proven to them that you were worthy of being their son and trusted that they loved you underneath it all instead of questioning it or second guessing it." this would have been more honest for Clark to say this to Lex Just in MHO.
            How could Lex try when his own father didn't try equally? It's not his job as a son to work for his father's affection.

Comment

The real truth behind Lex and Lionel relationship

Originally posted by Dagenspear
              How could Lex try when his own father didn't try equally? It's not his job as a son to work for his father's affection.
              you maybe right about that. but Lionel did express deep remorse for what he had done and took responsibility for it, and ultimately did say to lex that he loved him in season 7. but Lex never gave him chance to make up for his mistreatment of him, he just pushed him out the window and killed him. Lionel's regression to evil was caused by Lex, and despite Lionel's enhanced value for life he refuses to be controlled by his only son. As Lionel killed his father, Lex killed Lionel, proving that he was a product of Lionel's parenting. This could have been avoided if Lionel had been kinder to his son and showed him the love that lex longed for much earlier in their relationship, but Lex proved to be just as untrustworthy and more ruthless than Lionel was by using meteor freaks carry out his simplest needs and killing people over the slightest inconvenience, something Lionel had never done. While Lionel planned his father death, Lex killed Lionel with his own bare hands, Although Lex was initially shocked by what he had done as Gina (Lex's assistant) perceived it as grief, Lex treated his father with the same contempt that he was shown as a child as he blocked Lionel's funeral from all guests (sans Clark) showing him no respect. Lionel constantly saw Lex as a threat and could never fully let Lex in. in many ways Lionel represented the evil criminal mastermind that Lex was destined to become. Nevertheless while Lionel saw the error of his ways and worked to redeem himself (with Clark's help and guidance) lex took the darker path and finally became the product of Lionel's cruelty that he had always hoped for.
              Last edited by laurarawlins; 12-22-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

you maybe right about that. but Lionel did express deep remorse for what he had done and took responsibility for it, and ultimately did say to lex that he loved him in season 7. but Lex never gave him chance to make up for his mistreatment of him, he just pushed him out the window and killed him. Lionel's regression to evil was caused by Lex, and despite Lionel's enhanced value for life he refuses to be controlled by his only son. As Lionel killed his father, Lex killed Lionel, proving that he was a product of Lionel's parenting. This could have been avoided if Lionel had been kinder to his son and showed him the love that lex longed for much earlier in their relationship, but Lex proved to be just as untrustworthy and more ruthless than Lionel was by using meteor freaks carry out his simplest needs and killing people over the slightest inconvenience, something Lionel had never done. While Lionel planned his father death, Lex killed Lionel with his own bare hands, Although Lex was initially shocked by what he had done as Gina (Lex's assistant) perceived it as grief, Lex treated his father with the same contempt that he was shown as a child as he blocked Lionel's funeral from all guests (sans Clark) showing him no respect. Lionel constantly saw Lex as a threat and could never fully let Lex in. in many ways Lionel represented the evil criminal mastermind that Lex was destined to become. Nevertheless while Lionel saw the error of his ways and worked to redeem himself (with Clark's help and guidance) lex took the darker path and finally became the product of Lionel's cruelty that he had always hoped for.
                Lionel killed people or tried to have them killed all the time. Lionel only began to really seek redemption when he became Jor-El's oracle.
                Last edited by Dagenspear; 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Lionel's invisible hand

Lionel killed people or tried to have them killed all the time. Lionel only began to really seek redemption when he became Jor-El's oracle.
                  That is true. but you don't see him kill people in plain sight like we see Lex do like in season 2 when he shot Roger Nixon to save Jonathan and in season 7 when he murders his father by his own bare hands. Like Pete said in season 3 in episode Asylum to Clark and Chloe when Clark tries to save Lex from electro shock therapy "I feel the invisible hand of Lionel Luthor, you two better back off before he sets his sights on you." Lionel is the sneak attack master. He knows how not to be seen when he kills. He has a natural way of coming up right from behind you and giving the element of surprise when you least expect it. He's sneaky in that unpredictable and mysterious way. Which I love by the way. he doesn't really give you the time of day does he? He just unexpectedly turns up after the person mysteriously winds up dead, you just find out that He's behind the death of a person by hearing about it when people talk about him. You don't really see him in plain sight actually killing some body. I believe he kills off screen and you just hear about it on screen that he killed some body that's my opinion.
                  Last edited by laurarawlins; 01-22-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

That is true. but you don't see him kill people in plain sight like we see Lex do like in season 2 when he shot Roger Nixon to save Jonathan and in season 7 when he murders his father by his own bare hands. Like Pete said in season 3 in episode Asylum to Clark and Chloe when Clark tries to save Lex from electro shock therapy "I feel the invisible hand of Lionel Luthor, you two better back off before he sets his sights on you." Lionel is the sneak attack master. He knows how not to be seen when he kills. He has a natural way of coming up right from behind you and giving the element of surprise when you least expect it. He's sneaky in that unpredictable and mysterious way. Which I love by the way. he doesn't really give you the time of day does he? He just unexpectedly turns up after the person mysteriously winds up dead, you just find out that He's behind the death of a person by hearing about it when people talk about him. You don't really see him in plain sight actually killing some body. I believe he kills off screen and you just hear about it on screen that he killed some body that's my opinion.
                    Uh huh? How is that against anything I've said?

Comment

Uh huh? How is that against anything I've said?
                      Is not against what you said, I'm not going against what you're saying I am just taking your personal opinion into account and putting it into perspective, I see the shades of grey (the reality of the main basis behind the idea of the show's development), I don't see it in black and white ( the image of the ideal of the show). Why would I go against other people's personal opinions and feelings of this show? we don't see this show in the same way and our points of view on this series varies quite constantly and frequently and consistently. We all feel differently about this show and we all love watching it because we are all big fans of this show and some are and some aren't and that is alright. I love reading other people's personal opinions and feelings on this board because I love to make sense of them so I can understand where other people are coming from and where they stand when it comes to this show and because I want to be the voice of reason on this board, but also to hear what other people have to say about this show because I respect their personal opinions and feelings and I respect yours and I am very tolerate and accepting of other people's points of view I thought you should know that about me. I have a very strong visual memory so I am just going off what I've seen.
                      Last edited by laurarawlins; 03-24-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Is not against what you said, I'm not going against what you're saying I am just taking your personal opinion into account and putting it into perspective, I see the shades of grey (the reality of the main basis behind the idea of the show's development), I don't see it in black and white ( the image of the ideal of the show). Why would I go against other people's personal opinions and feelings of this show? we don't see this show in the same way and our points of view on this series varies quite constantly and frequently and consistently. We all feel differently about this show and we all love watching it because we are all big fans of this show and some are and some aren't and that is alright. I love reading other people's personal opinions and feelings on this board because I love to make sense of them so I can understand where other people are coming from and where they stand when it comes to this show and because I want to be the voice of reason on this board, but also to hear what other people have to say about this show because I respect their personal opinions and feelings and I respect yours and I am very tolerate and accepting of other people's points of view I thought you should know that about me. I have a very strong visual memory so I am just going off what I've seen.
                        Okay. Fair's fair.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎