Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Smallville do future flashes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem about him looking too familiar is easily solved. Just have the flash forward in the future at a time when Lois knows his secret and she can say "It's a good thing that crystal in the fortress made everyone in Smallville forget what you look like"

Comment

I think that future flashforwards would be great.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I agree with the poster who thinks that Brandon Routh should play Superman if they ever did it. I know a lot of people want to see Clark in the suit, but I think bringing in Routh would do much more for the show. The movie is going to be huge, and people who don't watch Smallville will go see the movie just because it is Superman. And those people will tune into Smallville if Brandon Routh were to don the cape on an episode of Smallville. So I think it would be better for the show to have Routh don the suit instead of Tom Welling.

Comment

Originally posted by batfinx
        The problem about him looking too familiar is easily solved. Just have the flash forward in the future at a time when Lois knows his secret and she can say "It's a good thing that crystal in the fortress made everyone in Smallville forget what you look like"
        Did you see the trailer for "thank you for smoking". It has a tobacco man trying to get movie heroes to smoke again

"Cigarettes in space?"

"It's the final fontier man"

"But... wouldnt they like, explode in a totally oxygen environment?"

"...probably, but it's an easy fix"thank God we invented the....whatever device""

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Sometimes i feel like the writers are the same people.
        Last edited by Morbo; 02-04-2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

The show is called smallville not "Future flashes". If you want to see a show about superman watch Lois and Clark. The point of this show is to focus on his life before he becomes "Superman". That includes no images no flashes no nothing.

Comment

WangTown: I partially agree. We wouldn't want random future flashes every week - that would defeat the purpose of the show.

But we already *have* had future flashes (the "death" of Superman, Cassandra's vision). When they tie into the plotline of the episode, they work really well.

My vote would be for a time travel episode. Bring in some supervillains from the future to go all Terminator on Lex and/or Clark. That way you could hint at the characters' destinies without them understanding what was going on.

My personal choice: In the comics, Lena Luthor (Lex's daughter) is a *time-traveling supervillain* who comes from the future to help/fight Lex in the present. If she can travel back in time to Metropolis, why not Smallville? Unlike most other DC cameos, (i.e. Aquaman, the Flash), Lena's actually got connections to the town (her dad's there), and she'd provide Clark with a fullblown supervillain / Evil Luthor to fight.

Comment

Patrick Warburton...

I really don`t see "Puddy.." as a future superman..
              Imagine Superman wanting to give a high five to batman, and batman says: "Please dude.. that is sooo greace-monkey..."

Comment

We got a partial future flash when they showed Clark announcing his promotion to reporter at the DP in Lexmas. I wish they showed him wearing glasses and going into a phonebooth while Lex was looking at him. That would have rocked. As cool as a future flash would be, I don't think they should do it full blown. I think after all he's been through as Clark, Welling should be the first and only one to wear the suit and cape and that should be when he's ready. Doing it any sooner would just cheapen it like having him fly in Crusade did.

Comment

Actually, I thought they blew the opportunity to have a cool future flash with Lexmas. But then again, it was in Lex's head. We saw a older JK, Clark with Chloe, and a Mrs. Lana Luthor. So it wasn't a the timeline we all know was going to happen. Though it is interesting that Lex would have dream that Clark would be working at the DP.

I think maybe a season finale with another test from Jor'El where Clark would wake up in the future. I always envision him waking up next to Lois and doing a big "WTF". Lois would be thinking Clark fought some bad supervillan would hit him in the head one too many times. And the whole show, our Clark would be working at the DP. There would be no Tom Welling donning the suit but at least you get the idea what his future self would be like. I can see Perry White back. I know Lex would have already know that Clark is Superman in this timeline. And the best shocker just like in the comic, Clark would discover that Lana was married to all people his buddy Pete .

Comment

A future flash would rock! I'd loved to see the whole gang Clark , Perry, Jimmy and Lois working at the DP. And maybe a kiss or two between Clark and Lois for us clois fans

Comment

Originally posted by ShaftDu
                      Actually, I thought they blew the opportunity to have a cool future flash with Lexmas. But then again, it was in Lex's head. We saw a older JK, Clark with Chloe, and a Mrs. Lana Luthor. So it wasn't a the timeline we all know was going to happen. Though it is interesting that Lex would have dream that Clark would be working at the DP.
                      The dream was actually a possible future that was being presented to Lex by his mother. I believe that no matter what the timeline would be, Clark would (as long as he would be alive in that timeline) always be a DP reporter and become Superman.

I have another cool idea for an episode. We all know that Brainiac/Fine isn't dead. I'd like to see him and Lex go up to the FOS and tell Lex that if he takes a crystal, he can make his brother Julian live. In the episode, we would see the crystal taking Lex to this possible future with Julian Luthor and both of them being grown men, but complete opposites (Lex having been messed up as the way he was raised and Julian undermining him by opposing every bad thing Lex does). He would see them fight and try to 1-up one another and this would ultimately lead to Julian's death with Lex being responsible. But unlike before when Lex felt bad for Julian since he died as a baby, Lex would learn a lesson not to ever trust his family or friends again. This would start the extreme anger that ultimately takes Lex down his destined path and would be a very powerful episode.

Comment

A cool idea could maybe have a time travel episode, where there is some type of space rift that a future villain (Brainiac, older Lex, any legion) comes back in time to rip Clark apart before he becomes Superman powerful.

Some future leaguers (I know writers are looking for a reason to perhaps use characters like Martian Manhunter or perhaps Lantern) come back, disguised to capture the villain and keep young Supes safe.

Comment

I think that if they ever do a future flash they'd save it for the final episode.

I wouldn't mind seeing Clark at the DP with his glasses on, superhearing a disturbance caused by Lex, then removing his glasses and jumping out of the window and flying toward the camera (like Superman 1). Then "The End."

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            Yeah I know but it is theoriezed that Clark will look totally diffirent after his world travel. It would explain why Lex doesn't reconize Superman in the future.
                            (future lex: Hey superman you look a lot like a guy I used to know in smallville)

But I don't know how lois or lex will reconize CK with his glasses?

To many question on how lex won't know superman in the future than answers. They can easily fill a season of "metropolis" to answer these questions.

@snarf: also a great idea. But I dought it as they want to mantain the smallville and SR are 2 diffirent universes.
                            If you actually read the comic books, you might want to try a trade paperback titled "Birthright," it covers exactly what you guys are talking about. Not to mention there is an excerpt about Smallville inside it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                              I would go even further. i would love an episode with timetravel (and not 1 day back).

2 ways to go.

We see future clark/superman in smallvile after he was sucked into the past by some villain who wants to kill Clark in the past. (would have some great clark/superman vs chloe dialog). Clark does not know anything since it would change the future. (older clark / superman played by dean cain?)

Or my favorite.

Current Clark is thrown into the superman future. (insert any plot)
                              I love the idea. Especially the whole part of Future Clark being thrown into the past to save himself from a villain bent on killing Superman before he even becomes Superman.

And the part of Dean Cain playing him, this could very well be the story they are looking for to insert Dean Cain into.

Comment

Originally posted by BallsyBaal
                                If TPTB are gonna do a "future" Superman storyline then they need to cast somebody else for Supes.

IMHO, Tom Welling wouldn't be believable under prosthetics and makeup.
                                Tom Welling can look older just by pulling his hair off of his forehead. He is 28 years old. That would put him in the DP age. I wouldn't put any other actor in his scenes.

There have been several futuristic scenes in SV. The episode with the blind lady is full of examples as well as the episode of the kid who could see people's deaths. Since Superman doesn't die, we got to see his cape flapping... That particular scene is styled similar to your original watch scene, all angles and no faces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎