Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Smallville do future flashes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For like 30 dollars, you can buy the first hardcover of Ultimate Spiderman. The softcovers are cheaper, but believe me, you will want the Hardcover once you like it. Reread my last post "Conner", I added to it just after you posted.

Comment

Like many posters before me, I'd much like to see an episode where future villains come to Smallville to attempt to destroy Superman while he's still a teenager. In virtually every superhero comic, at least one storyline has involved such a scenario.
      In the absence of that, or future flashes, why not see a Superman from different dimension? The writers wouldn't necessarily be bound by the "no flights, no tights" rule (if he were to wear a costume, it could look however they want), and he wouldn't have to look 100% like an older Tom Welling.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
        Like many posters before me, I'd much like to see an episode where future villains come to Smallville to attempt to destroy Superman while he's still a teenager. In virtually every superhero comic, at least one storyline has involved such a scenario.
        In the absence of that, or future flashes, why not see a Superman from different dimension? The writers wouldn't necessarily be bound by the "no flights, no tights" rule (if he were to wear a costume, it could look however they want), and he wouldn't have to look 100% like an older Tom Welling.
        Maybe even one of the future Supermen, like demonstrated in All Star Superman number 2. Good read I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
          To me showing future flashes of Clark as Superman doesn't take away from the show. I mean after all they are one in the same aren't they?
          I disagree with the idea of future flashes. It makes the show seem too much like Jack & Bobby (if anyone remembers).

Comment

well they did do one future flash in the episode 'Hereafter' when we saw superman flying. Or I should just say his cape blowing in the wind,..but obviously still flying.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
              I disagree with the idea of future flashes. It makes the show seem too much like Jack & Bobby (if anyone remembers).
              I assume you are making a joke. I could not have come up with a more inappropriate comparison if I took all night trying. Little different subject matter. I'm not flaming, just saying that "Jack and Bobby" sucked because "Jack and Bobby" sucked. Not because of future flashes. The only good thing about that show was Jessica Pare's gargantuan..... oh sorry went off topic for a second.
              AAAAAAAnyway I for one would like a few future flashes. I would also like to see his powers develope a little faster. He is old enough that if his powers develope more at puberty he should have most by now. I don't really buy that they would take this long. That or he just needs to get his ass over to the FOS and figure this s@!# out already. If I knew that all the answers to my questions could be answed in the FOS I wouldn't waste any time getting there. As much as I absolutely love Smallville this Clark is not the super intelligent superman that we get in some of the other universes. Hence you all calling him the BDA all the time.
              Last edited by gamer2; 02-17-2006, 02:38 AM.

Comment

The show is supposed to be about Superman growing up. Superman isn't supposed to appear at all.

Comment

One thing that I would like to know is why everyone is so worried about what this show is supposed to be about. Shows evolve as seasons progress. Maybe they need to move beyond the no flights no tights rule. They could use a little more subject matter anyway so they could move away from the tired formual of kryptonite and concussions, and into new territory. I for one would be glad to see the show progress into a little more of the meat. I would rather have 2 more really exciting seasons than 4 with the same FOTW material repeated over and over. They have to progress the story at some point. Don't think that just because they said it in the begining that that means that they can never change the path of the show. The FOTW formula can only take the show so far. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by gamer2
                    I for one would be glad to see the show progress into a little more of the meat. I would rather have 2 more really exciting seasons than 4 with the same FOTW material repeated over and over. They have to progress the story at some point.....The FOTW formula can only take the show so far. IMHO
                    I agree thoroughly, FOTW formula shows end up repetative and dull, no matter how cool the FOTW or effects. X-files went this way until the last series when it cottoned on that most fans were more intersted in the characters than the shock value of FOTW.

It would be really cool to have future flashes - but not too many or too often. Just a small touch. I really liked the way they did the prophetic forward flashes in Hourglass.

Comment

I think it would be cool to see future scenes, but only if the writers follow what those future snipits show. Sometimes, the continuity of the show is a little slack.

Comment

Crossovers would be more appropriate having Brandon Routh as a Guest Star & the rest.

of the SR cast. and it would be nice to see the other DC guest stars. Hey even cameos will be satisfying.

Clark deals with his loss and meets a masked vigilante in "Vengeance!"
                        Original airdate: February 2, 2006

Kronk! You got to be kidding! David Puddy the Germ guy in 'Seinfeld' I can imagine the way he talks as superman. "hey, uhhh ... you got something uhhh... there uhhh..."

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎