Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k18
    So Batman did know of helena? Did they explain his absence also? I know he left in the pilot episode but I don't remember why he did though.
    I remember Barbera mentioning that Batman couldn't handle the fact that the Joker tried to kill two of the women that he loved and that's why he ran away.

Comment

Which was completely against the Batman character. What an excuse to ge the show going. Would have been nice if we at least got more hints of Batman being there.

Comment

On a similar note, whatever happened to the Joker? Why did he suddenly disappear? You would think that he would finish killing off Barbera.

Comment

I always figured that Batman killed him or something along those lines. Something truly extreme to cause their show to start.

Comment

It's against Batman's morals to kill.

Comment

They never specified it but I think thats what it would always come down to with the Joker. It would be just enough for him to call it quits with the Bats title as well.

Besides, we're defintely not talking about a Batman that we knew after all. This is a Batman that put up his cape and tights and left Gotham...excuse me, New Gotham to his daughter and Oracle, without any questions or reasons. Other than a hinted at '"last battle" with the Joker.

We also have to factor in the fact that Harley Quinn was extremely ticked off about the situation with Mr. J. She had a vendetta against Bats and co.

That's the way I saw the whole connect the dots for BoP since we never fully recieved a full on explanation of events with the exception of Selina Kyle's death at the hands of Clayface.

Comment

About that, was Clayface working with the Joker or did the two come up with separate plans on their own?

Comment

If memory serves correct, Clayface was working with the Joker. Getting paid for the murder of Selina.

Harley just so happened to pull the card of Clayface out again in the long run and bring everything full circle in the end.

Comment

Then how did Clayface end up at Arkham?

Comment

He was captured at some point and Harley Quinn using her postion in society helped to get him out, which allowed him to deal with Selina's child face-to-face with Harley pushing him there.

Comment

So, we're not really sure what happened to the Joker? Did he die, did he leave because Batman was his only true rival? If this Batman could leave because he lost a love and almost a friend, and not try to talk to his daughter, why can't he kill? In the pilot it said he was against it, but things can change. Maybe Batman couldn't deal with killing someone, so he left Gotham City.

Comment

I have to agree on all accounts. The Joker will always remain the big question.

A part of me assumes that Batman either killed the Joker and went into hiding, either that or he was on a hunt for the Joker, but then again the ladies never really acknowledged his existence much. Alfred was forward about getting Helena to live in the Manor but she constantly refused.

The name Batman had fallen into strictly urban legend territory when all was said and done.

Comment

Alright...

The whole reason why the show got canceled was because true comics fans did not see the story mesh well- it was a version they didn't like.

Batman had gone into seclusion and gave Helena & Oracle Gotham to protect. This happened because Joker had paralyzed Babs but also was noted because the Joker also has Catwoman killed- Helena's mother- by someone else. This didn't actually align with post-crisis Batman continuation, it was an alternate version. (However, Babs is paralyzed).

B.O.P was not on air long enough to resolve what had happened, but did hint near the end of the 13- episode run that the Joker was in some asylum i believe.

In this version I don't remember why Batman was gone, and they weren't very clear about it.

B.O.P. was probably shut down because of the discrepancy, the scratchy detail, and the version was too argumentative with fans for that time back of the late 90s.

Comment

I still don't see why we can't get the show on DVD. Superboy, Seaquest, and other shows that only lasted one or less seasons have gotten to DVD. Maybe have a feature that says what their plans were. I know its been four years, but any chance the show could get a frest start? Like maybe its called Oracle or Watchtower?

Comment

What's sad is they didn't just screw up Batman, they messed up Black Canary as well.

I mean Carolyn? Really? They couldn't have used the original Dinah? Not Dinah Laurel, but Dinah Drake Lance.

and really Dinah "Redmond" didn't even have a Cry. She had Psychic abilities.

I just don't understand. They could have done so much better. THey didn't have to tweak Dinah and Canary to pieces.
                                Last edited by angellwings; 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎