Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martha or Johnathan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order for a character to have a true Journey the loss of the parent needs to happen. Clark was in the shadow of his father. His father needed to be gone for him to start his quest.

Comment

I didn't think he was in the shadow of Johnathan. Both of his parents were always telling him to be careful and not to use his powers for bad things...but I don't think he was ever in Johnathan's shadow.

Comment

None. Jonathan and Martha are equal in my opinion. Jonathan is loving and caring but he can sometimes jump to conclusions or overeact while Martha is a little bit more forgiving and likes to give people who Jonathan wouldn't trust at all the benifit of the doubt. They are both equal parents in different ways and I'm sad Jonathan died and I'd be equally sad if Martha died too.

Comment

I would prefer if both stayed alive. But for some reason I think if Martha died, Johnathan would be still over protective over Clark. There would be no Blur for sure.

So I say Jonathan

Comment

They treat Martha as if she were dead so they might as well have killed her off too. Just my opinion.

Comment

martha kent

i think that clark needs jonathan more

Comment

I can't choose, I loved them both.

Comment

Both. They work better as a team. But I can see Martha surviving Jonathan's death better than the other way around. So I say if only one will live... it should be Martha.
                  Last edited by ginnyfan; 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Neither. I didn't want Jonathan to die, and I don't want Martha to die either.

Comment

It was the right choice to have Jonathan die. There was always going to come a time, when they had to start phasing Clark's parents. Killing them both, especially at the same time, would've been overkill. Meaning that one had to die, while the other moved away. I don't think Jonathan could have ever left the farm. He was too stubborn, too much stuck in the past. Martha was a voice of reason, Jonathan tended to butt heads with people (a few times getting physical). When Senator Burke was killed, Martha was the first and only choice to replace him. Could the same have happened to Jonathan? Well, sure, if the writers wanted it, it could've. But, the nature of the character would've required him to stay on the farm (where he's been his whole life). He probably would've given up his seat in the state senate, after Martha died, or not long after (as he finds it impossible to both run a farm and be a state senator). Would he have been okay with Clark stopping to work on the farm and getting a job in Metropolis (eventually moving there)? He got hostile, whenever Martha talked about (and got) a job, outside of the farm.

Martha came to the farm as an adult, didn't grow up there. She had a college degree. Had several jobs, over the course of the show, showing that she had ambitions beyond running a farm. She could move on from the farm. Jonathan couldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎