Collapse
No announcement yet.

No last words for Jonathan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think that they already had their talk back when JK was in the hospital for the triple bypass. Now that I think about it, it kinda foreshadowed his death.

Comment

I realized that his last words Possible meanings for JK's subtext to Martha and Clark

"Martha, I love you"
      "Clark, I'm Proud of you"
      (goes limp.)

The good reason for JK not to say a word are:
      1. avoid the cliché
      2. He won't be able to warn them about Lionel. And It won't take the that Moment with them together away.
      3. Picture worth than a thousand words.
      Talk about the 100th episode here. Be warned of MAJOR SPOILERS within.
      Original airdate: January 26, 2006

same reason why Clark didn't Zoom JK to the hospital. Plus the stress would cause more problems.

Comment

The speech in "void" was pretty much what I think you all wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by OutlawAngel
          I thought that would have been a great time (ok well dying ain't a great time but you know what I mean) for that conversation at the end of the pilot episode to come back up about how Clark felt in 5 years.
          Nice catch about Clark's "Can I answer that in about five years?" line from the Pilot episode. As interesting as that would have been for Jonathan to ask, it would not have fit the situation properly. Jonathan dying silently was the way to go. John Schneider even said that he liked how the death scene was sort of like the old John Wayne movies.

Comment

But he does come back and say it a few episodes later, that counts.

I like the way it he died, we were left waiting and waited and then ...clunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord367
              The speech in "void" was pretty much what I think you all wanted.
              I agree that the looks that he gave to both Martha and Clark said volumes. Yet, I am glad that JK was able to tell Clark what he did in "Void". It sorta was like a final good-bye (with tears rolling down my face).

Comment

He said more in his silence than he ever would have in words.

As he looked at his beautiful wife and great son he smiled and thought to himself
                " Well i guess this is it. But you know what, its ok becuase after looking at you guys and realizing what I have I think that I did ok."

Comment

Nice Final thought for JK^_^ I Applaude you on that KryptonX81. I would love to think

that those were his last thoughts.

And i think this thread is for the LAST words that he would say not think.

Comment

I was so happy he didn't get any last words. That's life in many cases and only made the scene more realistic.

Comment

I kinda wish it wasn't so rushed. I thought it was kinda just BAM dead.
                      I do think it was much better without last words though. That is so cliched. To me it's also so much more tragic that he doesn't get time to say anything and only collapses in the arms of the ones who love him.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎