No announcement yet.

No last words for Jonathan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree his look said it all.

This season Clark and Jonathon's relationship has been a more mature one, you can see it in the way Jonathon reacts to Clark telling Lana and proposing. Before Jonathon would have done the lecture thing about protecting Clark's secret, but this time he accepts Clark's decision and congratulates him. He knows he has done his best raising Clark and that Clark will take the lessons with him.

Comment

Personaly I think that the scene was one of the most powerfull scenes in the entire series just because it had no lies but the audience knew exactly what was going on.

Comment

I have watched it so many times. I just break down when I see them pull up and him collapse. AO'T really puts a lot of emotion in that scene also. She almost just smiles at him when he looks at her. Such a strong scene. You can feel her pain.*sniffle sniffle*

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Action
          Final speeches suck. Unless you know for a fact that you're about to die. If he was on his deathbed it would be understandable. On Buffy, Tara's last words "Your shirt." after being shot. It wrapped up her character perfectly. Showing how much she loved Willow until the end. It was better then her saying "Willow, I love you. Don't forget me! Goodbye!!" The truth is, You don't always get a last word.
          I couldn't agree more

Comment

I'm going to have to go on the other side for this one..
            When we were told by an interview that the way the person dies.. We'd like it... This route, IMO I hated, no final words, granted they did a good screen-shot of all this/that of looking at marth/clark, (me being an opinionated person thinking JK should still be here today) still think he should of at LEAST got a few last words in...

Comment

I wonder if he knew he was going to be the one to die. Perhaps this was one of those messages Jor-El sent to JK only as he did another time in Legacy.

Comment

Alicia didn't get any last lines....now Jonathon.

Comment

It would have been nice to have had an "I love you" at the end but they handled the death scene pretty classy IMO.

Comment

Hi all

This was a thought that sprung to me. What if JK and Jor-el still shared consciousness at a sub-conscious level? As JK was dying is life was probably flashing before eyes. If that’s the case Jor-el got to see what his son has become, from a child to the man before him. From there Jor-el received a gift he could never pay back to Jonathan, but does the next best thing. In return Jor-el knew that JK was too weak to say his last good byes and he transferred his final thoughts to a crystal. In that case we may find out near either the end of series or this season what Jonathan wanted to say. In way it may be the final words that make Clark become Superman. For the memories, wisdom and love of JK will always be apart of him in the FOS.

Just a thought, but would be cool. Plus it would be nice way to keep JS in the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by smallville_fetish
                      Yeah I agree with TheKents. The way he looked, knowing that this was his last breath, the faint smile he had and the way he looked at Clark as if he was proud of his son, was more than words.
                      I thought the look he gave CLark was one of "I can't beleive you chose that b**ch over me! After all I've done for you? You ungrateful a**hole!"

The last look to Martha was "Go get the Kryptonite Martha!"

Oh my....That was not meant seriously of course! JK was too good a man to ever think that (although ina n alternate timeline....)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSoxJim
                        I thought the look he gave CLark was one of "I can't beleive you chose that b**ch over me! After all I've done for you? You ungrateful a**hole!"

The last look to Martha was "Go get the Kryptonite Martha!"

Oh my....That was not meant seriously of course! JK was too good a man to ever think that (although ina n alternate timeline....)

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
                          Alicia didn't get any last lines....now Jonathon.
                          ok, now we know the real reason i'm, so angry at the writers!!!!

mmmmm....Alicia! huh? what??? darn, there i go again!

Comment

I think it was better that Johnathan didn't have any last lines. Not sure we'd agree what he should have said besides the "I love you" and the look on his face and the actors (JS, AO'T & TW) expressions said everything. Lots of communication is non-verbal.

Comment

I agree that the look Jonathan gave to Martha and Clark just before he died was enough, it meant everything that he wanted to say without having to say it. I think it was good like that, cause the "I love you" deaths are so cliché, it's not done often when we see characters that dies without saying a thing.

Comment

I liked the fact that he didn't say anything. I thought it made the scene more dramatic

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎