Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kryptonians Are Not Gods!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I thought was funny was how Jor-El contridicted himself with the subject line quote. "we are not gods"?! I guess he doesn't remeber the message he wrote in the ship. "You will be a god among men, my son."
    Jor-El needs to make up his mind! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
      unless you went the movie route which smallville has seemed to be doing, where Jor-El warns everyone days before hand, and then just sets about building Kal-El's ship after being banned from causing public outcry by releasing his findings. And then when the planet does start to go, it takes time. Far longer than it would for someone to rush in, touch a crystal, and then go, hey, he's right.

THere are just too many plot holes because of this.
      Even if somebody did go back in time who is going to listen to them? They completely ignored Jor-El when he told them what was going to happen. They would have never allowed that person t get the information out.

Comment

"You will be a god among men, my son." means that he will be better than men, and might rule them, not actually a god.

Plus,
        What would have changed if they used the crystal, Krypton would still be destroyed. The crystal doesn't save people, or save planets, it just goes back in time

Comment

Re: Kryptonians Are Not Gods!!!

Originally posted by Rey-El
          Forgive me, I'm getting a bit off topic. Bottom Line...Kryptonians are NOT deities. Their powers have limitations, they shouldn't be treated with respect and a way for character developement and emotional drama. NOT as convienient loops holes to writers block.

Thanks for you time.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El. They only lack the light to show them the way."

That is for sure, they are not gods (same for Al/Miles and Co.)!!

Comment

Originally posted by boli06
            [B]"You will be a god among men, my son." means that he will be better than men, and might rule them, not actually a god.
            yeah, um, I was being, you know, facetious.

Comment

ron75upc, even in the comics though, that wasn't some far fetched, mind bending, lets alter reality and space time thing. The expanation is Clark gets his powers from the sun. Sunlight keeps his body going. So, the Eradicator, not in an effort to keep him alive, but actually in an effort to power himself, as he can't directly process sunlight, stole Clark's body and put it in a giant, conductor of sorts. He pumped concentrated solar energy in, and took the bio feedback from the aura around superman, and used that to power himself. This did have the unintended effect though, of jump starting Clark's body. Though he had been dead for a long while, being as super as he was, decay had not set in. The longer a body is viable the better chance you have under the right circumstances to bring it back. Clark's just happens to be viable for a good long time, and the right conditions were met.

Comment

Kryptonians are only "superfolks" when under the influence of a yellow sun. I'm guessing any other time they are like you and I just know alot more about stuff. The whole decaying orbit things is silly. I think they'd notice something like that. It's kinda hard to miss.

Comment

they where a prideful society and reused to believe jor-el's warnings about krypton's eventual destruction.

Comment

Great topic....

This has been irking me for some time. Jor-El is dead, the only thing that survived is a computer program in which he created in order to help his son cope w/ the situation he put him in.

I f'ing hate it when Jor-El strips Clark's powers, or possesses Lionel, or kidnapps blonde girls, or reveals his son future plans to a scientist, or anything else he does in real time. It's ridiculous. Now, I have no problem with a "Professor Hawkins type" Jor-El. But to have Jor-El reacting to things in real time, and not in past tense makes him alive. And thats were they have gone wrong.

If Clark needs help with his science, he should be able to acsess Jor-El's programs and get what he needs to learn. It's like a mainframe. If he needs information on the geology of Krypton or any other planet, he should go to Jor-El's program. Hence the word program.

It is ironic to me that Jor-El makes the comment, "we are not gods". Yet, was it not Jor-El's message in the orignal ship that Clark on the third planet from the star sol, would be a god amongst men. Did the writers just forget about that message?

Really if they want us to take the new quote literally then I suggest stop having the god like situations. You have the erza small phropicies. Hundreds of miraculous ressurections kryptonian or human. Dr. Swann acting as Smallville's very own John the Baptist. Plenty of human divine healings and power grantings. Or how about the fact that Clark talks to Jor-El like Jesus and God spoke. Clark is not supposed to be able to have Jor-El talking to him when he is at his barn or anywhere else. If Jor-El can simply interact w/ Clark one on one, then whats the point of the FOS.

They started out on the right path, Clark finding messages to him from his parents, and guess what they were all in past tense. It all went bad as soon as Jor-El started talking to Clark. Heck the caves, the whole crystal storyline, any of this would make sense if it were put into past tense form. If it were all in the form of messages in order to lead Clark to the FOS nothing would be wrong here. The point of the FOS is for Clark to be able to actually see and speak with Jor-EL's program. But since you already have Jor-El speaking with Clark, theres no reason for the FOS.

My point I guess is this, Jor-El should only be able to teach his son knowledge, that it's. No person to person talking, no power granting or stripping, no saving lives or taking them, etc.etc.etc. He is meerly a program for learning.

He is not alive and should not speak in any form of present tense.
                    Last edited by kal-odell; 01-28-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kal-odell
                      Great topic....

This has been irking me for some time. Jor-El is dead, the only thing that survived is a computer program in which he created in order to help his son cope w/ the situation he put him in.

I f'ing hate it when Jor-El strips Clark's powers, or possesses Lionel, or kidnapps blonde girls, or reveals his son future plans to a scientist, or anything else he does in real time. It's ridiculous. Now, I have no problem with a "Professor Hawkins type" Jor-El. But to have Jor-El reacting to things in real time, and not in past tense makes him alive. And thats were they have gone wrong.

If Clark needs help with his science, he should be able to acsess Jor-El's programs and get what he needs to learn. It's like a mainframe. If he needs information on the geology of Krypton or any other planet, he should go to Jor-El's program. Hence the word program.

It is ironic to me that Jor-El makes the comment, "we are not gods". Yet, was it not Jor-El's message in the orignal ship that Clark on the third planet from the star sol, would be a god amongst men. Did the writers just forget about that message?

Really if they want us to take the new quote literally then I suggest stop having the god like situations. You have the erza small phropicies. Hundreds of miraculous ressurections kryptonian or human. Dr. Swann acting as Smallville's very own John the Baptist. Plenty of human divine healings and power grantings. Or how about the fact that Clark talks to Jor-El like Jesus and God spoke. Clark is not supposed to be able to have Jor-El talking to him when he is at his barn or anywhere else. If Jor-El can simply interact w/ Clark one on one, then whats the point of the FOS.

They started out on the right path, Clark finding messages to him from his parents, and guess what they were all in past tense. It all went bad as soon as Jor-El started talking to Clark. Heck the caves, the whole crystal storyline, any of this would make sense if it were put into past tense form. If it were all in the form of messages in order to lead Clark to the FOS nothing would be wrong here. The point of the FOS is for Clark to be able to actually see and speak with Jor-EL's program. But since you already have Jor-El speaking with Clark, theres no reason for the FOS.

My point I guess is this, Jor-El should only be able to teach his son knowledge, that it's. No person to person talking, no power granting or stripping, no saving lives or taking them, etc.etc.etc. He is meerly a program for learning.

He is not alive and should not speak in any form of present tense.

To your point....Jor-El's original intent was and IS still to teach his son the knowledge of the Universe and Kryptonian History.

But, it was Clark's/Kal-El's preoccupation with humans that precipitated Jor-El's "god like" actions to secure his son's mission!

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                        they where a prideful society and reused to believe jor-el's warnings about krypton's eventual destruction.
                        Warnings? Like they'd need him to tell them the planet is heading towards their sun.... You have any idea of the kind of havok that would cause with the planetary cycles? It's kinda like saying we wouldn't notice the sudden darkness associated with a solar eclipse. That we'd need someone to tell us something isn't quite normal.... They have to come up with something better than that. I don't care how arrogant a race is the planet moving closer to it's sun is hard to miss. Another case of bad science and bad writing. But then we are talking about a comicbook.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_LEX I agree that going back in time and things like that are wierd & this whole Lana/Clark thing is getting old or is old.
                          Please let this be the end of this torturous pairing. How about some good old-fashioned storylines w/o all the shipping?

and if u do keep watching, stop complaining over what you prly couldnt do any better especially week after week... they dont write just one episode, they have to write 22 per season basically, its not as easy as it sounds, cuz if it were everyone would do because it pays well...
                          Here here!

Comment

Remember, the writers use the Superman Mythos as a template, that they continue to edit. They are not bound,verbatem by the comic history to the letter Ex: Lois, the early years, Perry White in smallville, etc. . They have creative license to do whatever works. This Jor-el simulation is unlike anything anyone might be accustomed to on earth. How can we assume that their computers have earthly limitations in regards to Pentium numbers , gigs of memory, or ram. Remember data from Star Trek, the next generation? A 23rd century android made by an Earth scientist, who could simulate human conditions and reactions. There is no way any of us could gauge the limitations of a Kryptonian artificial intelligence, or begin to put in perspective the amount of advancment their programs simulate interactions. Jor-el was Krypton's most brilliant scientist (according to the mythos), and was capable of quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
                              Remember, the writers use the Superman Mythos as a template, that they continue to edit. They are not bound,verbatem by the comic history to the letter Ex: Lois, the early years, Perry White in smallville, etc. . They have creative license to do whatever works. This Jor-el simulation is unlike anything anyone might be accustomed to on earth. How can we assume that their computers have earthly limitations in regards to Pentium numbers , gigs of memory, or ram. Remember data from Star Trek, the next generation? A 23rd century android made by an Earth scientist, who could simulate human conditions and reactions. There is no way any of us could gauge the limitations of a Kryptonian artificial intelligence, or begin to put in perspective the amount of advancment their programs simulate interactions. Jor-el was Krypton's most brilliant scientist (according to the mythos), and was capable of quite a bit.
                              "We are not gods" right form Jor-el "Mouth". So one must asusme their technology is not god-like as Jor-el could not save himself or his wife. But, then why does he have a time reverseing crystal in the fortress?He contridicts his very own statments buy doing "God" like things in the very next scene.

Comment

Originally posted by WangTang
                                "We are not gods" right form Jor-el "Mouth". So one must asusme their technology is not god-like as Jor-el could not save himself or his wife. But, then why does he have a time reverseing crystal in the fortress?He contridicts his very own statments buy doing "God" like things in the very next scene.
                                LOL!!! He does things that to a primitive race (Humans) seem godlike but please don't mistake this for signs of him/them being gods. We would appear as gods to cavemen with our medical and wep technology. He is being honest. They are not gods just a race with a better understanding of the universe with cooler toys than we have. I don't see how you guys keep thinking his actions contradict his not being a god.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎