X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like it wasn't from a comic book/movie?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Guidron
      It's funny.. I was thinking something very similar just before I read your post.

If Kryptonians have the ability to go back in time.... why wouldn't they have used it to flee Krypton before it blew into smitherines?
      Because everybody died besides Clark. There was nobody left to go back in time. They were full of themselves and didn't listen to Jor-El's warnings.

Comment

unless you went the movie route which smallville has seemed to be doing, where Jor-El warns everyone days before hand, and then just sets about building Kal-El's ship after being banned from causing public outcry by releasing his findings. And then when the planet does start to go, it takes time. Far longer than it would for someone to rush in, touch a crystal, and then go, hey, he's right.

THere are just too many plot holes because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAM-el
          They didn't just paint themselves into a corner, they dug themselves into a hole so deep they're almost in China (cue: Lana-Fu)!!!! Comics aside, there have been some pretty idiotic plotlines about, & they seem to often lead to a "dead" end. Same here. I hate to say it, but they've graduated from making CK look like a BDA to a complete & utter MORON! "we are not Gods" implies that THEY CANNOT CHANGE TIME!!!!!! Get this through your heads, wrters... BE CONSISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Ummm... no.... his "We are not gods" comment was to Clark's request to bring Lana back from the dead. It was pretty obvious in his lecture to Clark. LOL. What he seemed to say was he is no master of anyone's fate. He only seemed to know the future and gave Clark a fair warning. He basicly said some things can not be changed no matter how powerful you are (fate). The ability to time travel does not mean you will be able to change any event you like. And yeah the Kryptonians should have been able to hit the rewind button and get the hell out of Dodge. That is a huge mind fart on the part of the "writers." They have been having many of those these past few seasons.

Btw, what's a BDA?

Originally posted by KRAM-el
          No, it's NOT easy (as a writer, I should know)... but there IS a huge difference between "good" writing & "bad" writing. There is a LOT of good writing out there, & this certainly ain't it. Most of it isn't even "writing" at all -- it's just "borrowing" from comic-strip canon or previously-done movies & episodics. This is called "PLAGIARISM". Originality is called "WRITING". Now, back to my sedatives (gulp).
          I agree there are plenty of people that know how to write episodes that mesh well with each other. Smallville episodes are soo disjointed. Take for example an old show called Babylon 5. Very few throw away eps. Continuity was there. Very few, if any, plot holes. When you thought you found one they revealed in a later episode why it was possible. It made sense. The creator of the show had the entire story, all 5 or so seasons, planned out before they started the first season. I wish Smallville was like that. Where each episode was written with past episodes in mind and there was someone with half a brain reading these scripts that understood the concept of story flow and continuity. Wrting for TV does not have to mean bad rushed writing. The producers of Smallville are just lazy and don't demand much from their writing staff.
          Last edited by norman619; 01-28-2006, 08:32 AM.

Comment

bda= big dumb alien

Comment

Originally posted by norman619
              Wrting for TV does not have to mean bad rushed writing. The producers of Smallville are just lazy and don't demand much from their writing staff.
              Amen to that. One of the "biggest" writing problems here is there seems to be no "team" activity on the part of the writing staff. Very few consecutive eps are written by the same writers (or at least it's credited that way)... It's almost as if they have pairs of (or single) writers doing "cold scripts" & they just pull one out of a hat. Disjointed, to say the very least.
              Last edited by KRAM-el; 01-28-2006, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by norman619

Btw, what's a BDA?

Big Dumb Alien = teenager Clark Kent (The TPTB's verson from "SMALLVILLE")

Comment

Originally posted by Guidron
                  It's funny.. I was thinking something very similar just before I read your post.

If Kryptonians have the ability to go back in time.... why wouldn't they have used it to flee Krypton before it blew into smitherines?
                  They could not use the technology because there was no one around in that time to use it. They were blown into smitherines!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ron75upc
                    They could not use the technology because there was no one around in that time to use it. They were blown into smitherines!!!!
                    Based on the movie and other versions of the destruction of Krypton. The planet didn't just explode instantly they may not have had considerable amount of time to build a luxury escape ship for an entire race...but they sure as hell had 30 seconds to plug in a damn crystal and rewind time!

The Writers need to stop giving Jor-El Phenomenal Cosmic powers as if he were some sort of Otherworldly supernatural deity. He's a freaking semi-Sentinent computer program! Thats it! He's supposed to be offering sage like wisdom and unconditional love....not bending the space time Continuu.m because his son had a BAD DAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-El
                      Based on the movie and other versions of the destruction of Krypton. The planet didn't just explode instantly they may not have had considerable amount of time to build a luxury escape ship for an entire race...but they sure as hell had 30 seconds to plug in a damn crystal and rewind time!

The Writers need to stop giving Jor-El Phenomenal Cosmic powers as if he were some sort of Otherworldly supernatural deity. He's a freaking semi-Sentinent computer program! Thats it! He's supposed to be offering sage like wisdom and unconditional love....not bending the space time Continuu.m because his son had a BAD DAY!
                      I do agree, but even in the novels and comics the kryptonian computers do strange things to bring Clark to life, or use clones, or robots. Just like in the "DEATH AND LIFE OF SUPERMAN" the eradicator removed Clark from the tomb and moved him the fortress to bring him back to life. So it is not just smallville that uses these type of powers.

Comment

Originally posted by freddielm
                        Some people take the plot lines WAY too seriously.
                        I don't see myself as taking the plotlines too seriously but I've seen a lot of good shows that had potential like Smallville get bogged down by crappy writing and lazy staff..ST: Enterprise comes to mind, I just don't want Smallville to go that route any farther then it has up till now.

My two cents.
                        Tony

Comment

it doesn't matter, fate can not be broken. because someone was going to die in clarks life. so if the Kryptonians has time travel, it wouldn't have changed time. some scientists have said this. if you go back in time you may not change anything. this is true of smallville.

What really upset me more was the fact that the kents are sitting around farm with no money and all this time clark just needed a peace of cole to make dimonds.

Comment

if they had that technology it wouldn't have mattered. Jor-El KNEW the planet was about to explode. Everyone thought he was a raving lunatic and then it was over in no time. It's not like they were on a planet that was crumbling to pieces for weeks where everyone could see it was happening. If he went back they would have thought he was just as nuts as he was before he went back. It's a thing cakked arrogance and when a civilization is clost to if not the most advanced in the entire universe of course they're going to think that they're untouchable.

Comment

plus, there is a deleted scene from the original movie that explains what actually happened.. and why the kryptonians did die out.

They died due to their own Arrogance.

Maybe as a society they did experiment with all this stuff and truly believed that they were invulnerable because of it.

"I tell you Kryton is just shifting it's orbit."

Well, the disbelief that the planetary orbit was about to deteriorate.. and eventually crash into their red sun... and their refusal to believe that it was happening.. is what killed them.

It wasn't that they couldn't have stopped it.. if they seen the signs.. or realized that they needed to get out. It was that they felt that nothing could put them in danger.

I may be reading a lot into that "We are not Gods Kal-El" stetement.. but that's the way I interpretted it.

Comment

I FULLY agree. They treat Kryptonian technology as magic. They can resurrect the dead, but only by exchanging the life of another (sounds like some type of magic, exchanging souls, etc). They can reverse time, teleport people wherever they want, etc. They're basicly all powerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎