No announcement yet.

Kryptonians Are Not Gods!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kryptonians Are Not Gods!!!

I want to talk about something that is really pissing me and a friend of mine off royally. It has to do with the ridiculous Technology/Magic (which is what it really is on this show MAGIC) That happens almost every other episode. I am willing to dispend my belief because it IS based on a Comic book and science fiction in general. BUT there is a limit to how much lame stuff you can shove down my throat before I vomit.

IF KRYPTONIANS COULD REVERSE TIME, RAISE THE DEAD, ETC. THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GONE EXTINCT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Everyone likes to bring up the holy grail of the "S" mythos and say "Well, they did it in the movies..." Well ya know what? Superman also teleported, used his lips to erase memories, and pulled a expandable bubble wrap net off his chest too...doesnt make it right!

I am a huge Superman fan but I try to not be a fanboy about it. Just because it is based on a comic book doesnt mean you have to become absurd with your plots to make entertaining stories. CASE IN POINT: WTF does Kryptonians symbols and alien technology have to do with French witches and Magic? Where do those two things meet? They have absolutely nothing to do with each other! I think I have been pretty forgiving with smallville up to this point, but right now I feel like they're completely slapping me in the face. I have devoted 5 yrs to this show and I'd like it if the writers and producers pulled their heads outta their a$$es and devoted longer than 10 mins to writing these scripts. Televison is supposed to be exciting because you dont know what is going to happen next...Smallville has become idiotically prediactable. Ummm...lets see....Danger comes, Lana gets in the middle of it, Just before clark arrives she gets knocked out, wakes up after the danger is gone and completely acts like a nit-wit. I feel like I've seen all these episodes at least 20 times already. And the fact that they just took back the one thing everyone has been waiting 5 yrs to get out the way is just sad.

Forgive me, I'm getting a bit off topic. Bottom Line...Kryptonians are NOT deities. Their powers have limitations, they shouldn't be treated with respect and a way for character developement and emotional drama. NOT as convienient loops holes to writers block.

Thanks for you time.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El. They only lack the light to show them the way."

It's funny.. I was thinking something very similar just before I read your post.

If Kryptonians have the ability to go back in time.... why wouldn't they have used it to flee Krypton before it blew into smitherines?

Comment

No kidding, this show just got dumb as hell with this last episode.

Comment

I guessed it would be about a crystal, but I didn't think the crystal would take him back in time, I thought it would just resurrect Lana. So basically, it was lame and unrealistic and your right, if they had that technology, they wouldn't have needed to send Clark away because Krypton would still be there. BUNK.

Comment

Im glad Im not the only one who sees the corner they are painiting themselves into with this constantly exagerrated and fantastical view of Krypton and its technological abilities.

Comment

They didn't just paint themselves into a corner, they dug themselves into a hole so deep they're almost in China (cue: Lana-Fu)!!!! Comics aside, there have been some pretty idiotic plotlines about, & they seem to often lead to a "dead" end. Same here. I hate to say it, but they've graduated from making CK look like a BDA to a complete & utter MORON! "we are not Gods" implies that THEY CANNOT CHANGE TIME!!!!!! Get this through your heads, wrters... BE CONSISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, we aren't gods. Right.

Jor-El: What's that Clark, you made a mistake, that will ultimately lead to you not being able to become Superman, okay. Well, let's just send you back in time, so you can fix it. Then it'll all be okay. But remember, i can only do this this one time, and all other times it would have made sense to mention this, i didn't, because it didn't fit with the script. Oh, and someone has to die, because i brought you back from the dead. Don't bother asking how, i mean, it's not like i've been dead for years. I was only blown to kingdom come when out homeworld exploded. But that's neither here nor there. Just think of it like star wars. The universe struck me down, so i just became God. But, we aren't gods.... aw crap, now look what you made me do.

Clark: I'm confused, can i go see Lana now.

Jor-El: Where did we go wrong son? I try to be a good dad. I try to push you into ruling the world, because for some reason my character fluctuates week to week. I just want you to be happy, but only so far as it's exactly what i want.

Clark: Well, can I go to Lana's house?

Comment

u know what tha,t means that kryptonians are religious in their own way. like people believe that Jesus was given powers to heal the dead, and rise himself, these have have both happened in the show,so what can their God do?

u know what tha,t means that kryptonians are religious in their own way. like people believe that Jesus was given powers to heal the dead, and rise himself, these have have both happened in the show,so what can their God do?

Comment

I agree 100%. Jor-El would have used the damn crystal at the end of Arrival or Hidden. And I think he's just too ridiculously powerful for a dead guy! In fact, he's not even Jor-El, it's his memory and essence an interactive program!

Comment

All kryptonians were genetically linked to Krypton. Which is why they couldn't leave the planet. Something to do with the eradicator device detonating in the past if I remember right.

Jor-El takes Kal-El (in his birthing matrix) and gets rid of that defect allowing Kal-El to leave the planet. Of course this was the storyline before "Birthright".

But yeah I agree with you, the French Witches, and Magic is so far off the mythos path it's insane.

I also am annoyed at how the show handles Jor-El. Jor-El is dead, when Clark hears him speak it's a program/hologram of his father. Like in the movies. Yet the way Smaville makes it out, you'd think Jor-El's "spirit" is in the Fortress.

Comment

Actually, the explanation that "Nature demands a balance" just demonstrates that as Kyptonians experimented with time-travel and things like "raising the dead", they discovered that such things really don't work out as intended because some force which they could NOT control (perhaps God) wanted to restore "the balance".
                      Also, the time reversal was limited to one day, perhaps only for one person. This is still, in essence, "Magic" as a story-telling device but it does respect the boundaries of such a device.

What bothers me is the inconsistency of the two magical events being discussed.

In "Hidden", Jor-El initiated the restoration of Clark's life (basically altering history in the same way as time-travel) resulted in the warning that "Nature must restore the balance" some time, several weeks in the future, taking the life of someone close to CLARK, the dead guy.

In "Reckoning", Clark initiated an alteration of history. This time it again resulted in a warning that "Nature must restore the balance" but that "balancing" happened IMMEDIATELY and REPEATEDLY and resulted in taking the life of someone close to Clark, the INITIATOR of the history-changing.

The only way to reconcile these events is to say that Jor-El (sorta) LIED in the first case, where he said the history-changing would take the life of someone close to CLARK. If in that first case the truth was that the history-chaning would take the life of someone clsoe to the INITIATOR of the action, that meant that Jor-EL loved LANA (who was the original victim and who looked a lot like "Joe" Jor-El's old squeeze, Lana's great Aunt Louise).

Then, when Clark changed history, the first person to be killed by the "balancing" was Lois. When Clark changed history again by saving Lois, the next in line was Jon Kent.

Now maybe Jor-El didn't know the details of who would die but there is something sort of creepy and wrong about Jor-El telling Clark all of the weight of the events of "Hidden" come down on him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
                        the truth was that the history-chaning would take the life of someone clsoe to the INITIATOR of the action, that meant that Jor-EL loved LANA (who was the original victim and who looked a lot like "Joe" Jor-El's old squeeze, Lana's great Aunt Louise).

Thank you Eh,man?You-El? for finally pointing out the parallels between Clark/Lana & Joe/Louise as it pertains to this storyline... Jor-El couldn't alter history then, but he accepts the fate of it all & goes forward (something whiny Clark just cannot bring himself to do) even though he apparently loved Louise as much as Clark swoons over Lana. And what does it accomplish? He becomes MB of Krypton (albeit it all falls apart, but let's not get off-topic here). Clark uses Jor-El too much as a crutch & now I'd be curious to see if the writers REALLY "stick to their guns" & don't pull out another "magic crystal" when things get tough for Clark. Jor-El has to, for the sake of the series from here on out, give Clark the knowledge he has been holding back & bravely bow out of the picture. Otherwise "Spineless" Clark may as well morph into a Jellyfish & sink to the bottom of the Ocean.
                        Last edited by KRAM-el; 01-27-2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Yes I agree , An I need to talk more cuz Im really really tired of looking at " New in Town " bah to that.. I just like to read more gosh..

Comment

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
                            I agree 100%. Jor-El would have used the damn crystal at the end of Arrival or Hidden. And I think he's just too ridiculously powerful for a dead guy! In fact, he's not even Jor-El, it's his memory and essence an interactive program!
                            I totally agree. I mean, the great Jor-El is dead, for starters, then, Kryptonians are supposed to be a "wise" race, right? Can you imagine someone wise reversing time to accomplish his kid's wish? Do you imagine someone wise playing with time-space cont1nuum in such a dangerous way just to bring back to life a simple human girl?

Imagine the cosmical consequences!
                            Last edited by Lara Lane; 01-28-2006, 11:17 AM.

Comment

maybe the crystal only allows them to go back in time like a couple of hours

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎