Music in Reckoning

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the song Your Beautiful by James Blunt, he's huge here in the UK. I thought his latest release Goodbye My Lover would have been a good song for the show as well, when Lana died

Comment

Your beautifull, fitted perfect to the scene both times..!

Comment

Yeah, You're Beautiful is a quality song...I also agree that Goodbye My Lover would have been perfect at the scence where Lana lay dead...

I thought song selection was near-enough spot on for this ep tho

Comment

Smallville always has such great music....sets the perfect mood and you can remember those scene even when u r just listening to the soundtracks

Comment

Does anyone remeber wut music was playing after lana crashed and clark sees her???

Comment

I love "I Grieve by Peter Gabriel" the funeral scene was great like in "city of angels" in another time where that music was great too

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillebuddy
                Does anyone remeber wut music was playing after lana crashed and clark sees her???

Wish I knew, I loved that music...Very dramatic.

Comment

me 2 i still cant find that song that played in the first leaked vid

Comment

I in particular was taken with Mark Snow's romantic music played in the Clark and Lana Fortress of Solitude scene at the beginning of the Episode!

That was "Enchanting Fairy Tale" type music meant to invoke feelings of romance and sentiment and this coming from a Chloe and Clark fan!

Comment

I thought both songs were perfect choices. The funeral scene was very beautiful and I thought the lyrics matched up w/ the shots wonderfully. The one that stood out for me was when they showed Lana, Clark and then Lex. The lyrics were:

'so hard to move on
                      Still loving what’s gone

Just beautiful. Lex watching them, feeling so many things himself no doubt, and one being his heart for Lana. I know it. It was just a gorgeous, haunting scene.

And I agree, it was great how they used different parts of "You're Beautiful" to reflect the scene(s). Only two songs, but they were put to excellent use.

Comment

everytime i hear you're beautiful i think of the loft scene now...and it just makes me sad...i mean the song itself is a bit sad but now...with that attached image...ughh...i can't hear the song anymore

Comment

What James Blunt song is really about.

The song your beautiful is about when james saw an old girlfriend in the subway one day and describes how he felt and what she meant to him. He wrote the song because although he saw her and they were madly in love with each other and have something between them forever he understands that it is not meant to be and she is gone.

Knowing this I think the song perfectly sets up the episode for what is going to happen with Clark and Lana.

not to mention, James Blunt became my favorite artist when I picked up his CD one radom day not knowing who he was.

Slim, over and out

Comment

That Peter Gabriel song for the final scene was AMAZING, PERFECT CHOICE...

Comment

I heard "I grieve" by Peter Gabriel at the end of that episode and knew I had to have it. Smallville has been where I've gotten most of my music recently.

Comment

the music was beautiful, I may be one of the few who loved this episode but I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎