Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in Reckoning

ive seen that the only song is "You're beautiful." do you think it fits the episode?

They used the Requiem for a Dream theme in the trailer, I hope they use it in the episode too.

Comment

And I Grieve by Peter Gabriel will be in it too.

Comment

Given the context of the song "You're beutiful" by James Blunt, I don't think it fits. It's about unrequited love--a man falling in love with a stranger he sees briefly, and can't stop thinking of. The only scene I can somewhat see it fitting in is a Lexana scene, but that is a stretch, and the thought makes me sick.

The other song from the show is "I grieve" --so I'm guessing that's fromt he funeral.

Comment

Ugh, I'm with you on that Ferd. The thought of Your Beautiful with Lexana...ehh

Comment

Im sure the music will be great. Smallville really does have great scores for their eps imo.

Comment

James Blunt "Your beatiful" suites this episdoe perfectly.

For those that are wondering what I'm talking about, it's the song that is played in the background during the loft scenes. The song ends with the lines, "but its time to face the truth, I will never be with you."

The rest of the song talks about this guy who sees this girl and instantly falls in love, but the girl is with another man. The man finally has to deal with the fact that he will never be with her.

Clark now has to face the truth, Lana and him will never be together. Course I'm sure Lex will have to deal with this truth soon enough as well, but that's for another discussion.

That last line is also perfect for the fans. It's time the fans of Clark and Lana to face the truth, these two will never be together.
              Last edited by Lustaf; 01-27-2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

both very good songs can carry a lot of meaning to the situation

where there any other songs?
                (other than I greive, and You're beautiful)

Comment

Originally posted by allison89
                  And I Grieve by Peter Gabriel will be in it too.
                  Is that the song they play @ the end?

Comment

yes i believe so

Comment

Ah. I need to get it, that song's beautiful.

Comment

If you like James Blunt, he's performing on Saturday Night Live this weekend. He'll probably sing "You're Beautiful."

Comment

How old is I Grieve?

Comment

I can't believe that you people think that the James Blunt song doesn't fin in the episode. The purpose of using it wasn't really for the first part of the episode, it was for the second time it played. If you guys would listen to the lyrics then you would understand the symbolance. When Lana is leaving the song says:
                            "but I don't know what to do, cause I'll never be with you.

And I think that TPTB wanted to have that 'Flying High' part in the episode because of what Clark does at the FOS.

I downloaded 'Beautiful' over a week ago, so it's up there on my current favorite songs list, so I was really pumped that it was on Smallville.

Smallville and One Tree Hill are GREAT at picking out awesome music.

Comment

When i heard Clark say,

'i just want you to know who i am'

i was really wanting goo goo dolls iris to come on, but it didnt

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎