No announcement yet.

Pain in Chloe's eyes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
    Lifebound, you wrote an interesting post. I saw the look she gave as shock -- so perhaps she's shocked at Clark's behavior as well as shocked that he would be so thoughtless of her.

Allison really pulled off that scene. I was feeling no sympathy for Clark at all.
    So right you are......no sympathy from me that's for sure......honestly....during scenes like that the auto pilot in me automatically comes on and yells "F*** you Clark" at the screen.......hummm......quite therapeutic actually......and well deserved I might add.

*okay......I must remember.....these are just characters.......and Clark's character writting sucks......must remember that.

Comment

I so totally missed it. Is there anywhere on here that's just like a recap section?

Comment

IMHO they had been trying to show Chloe as being accepting of Clark and Lana's relationship, being that Chloe has begun to grow up, and I think having the knowledge of who Clark really is has helped her evolution into adulthood. However, I cannot deny the look that she gave, a sort of crushed, and sad look, which has me torn over how it is to be interpreted. Part of me sees it as a sliver of her deep rooted feelings for the man she will never have, OR the sort of pained look stemming from her desire to see him become something bigger, greater than just a husband to Lana. She sees his potential, and I wonder if she is sort of hurt to see him not want to embrace it more.

I sincerely hope for Chloe's sake that she is over Clark once and for all, because it's been made quite clear to me that TPTB have no intentions to give her any Clark luvin' in Smallville. I mean she's already hookin' up with Lana, and Lois has pulled the next number to be called. I just cross my fingers they'll give her someone worthy, or make Clark one day appreciate all she's done for him.

Comment

Originally posted by photogirl
          Chloe is willing to tell him the truth..even if she knows he won't like it..and she is what he needs. He's going to mess everything up trying to keep his secret from Lana and if he was to tell lana than it would be because chloe convinced him to. She deserves at least some sensitivity in return..although I wouldn't mind if she got more than sensitivity. Clark is just being stupid...
          Right on the money.....and Clark is being Stupid........our slick little blonde needs to be with someone more on her I.Q. level.......where is Bruce Wayne when you need him?......Even if it's just a one night stand.......what the hell, Bruce Wayne may be a dark and brooding fellow....but he is far more noble than Smallville's village idiot has been this season.

Comment

Really I feel for Chloe, but if it bothers her about Clark talking about his sex life, she needs to speak up and say something instead of letting him dump his problems all over her.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
              Really I feel for Chloe, but if it bothers her about Clark talking about his sex life, she needs to speak up and say something instead of letting him dump his problems all over her.
              I wonder if thinking that ......and thinking that she should also try to be a good friend...............are thoughts that are at odds with each other? If you are a true friend.......they should be.....no matter which way you eventually go.

*actually, I didn't word this right......see my later post regarding this......from the way this response was worded, ma200 below is correct.
              Last edited by CK&CK; 01-21-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
                I wonder if thinking that ......and thinking that she should also try to be a good friend...............are thoughts that are at odds with each other? If you are a true friend.......they should be.....no matter which way you eventually go.
                Ahh..no.

She'd still be a good friend by saying, "Clark, the world isn't about you, you and you. So quit being a stupid, narcissistic pr##k. I find it sad that you're more concerned about screwing Lana than actually focusing on how much good you can bring to this world. And I like to thank for showing me your true side; of how inconsiderate you are about my feelings and how little this friendship means to you. So...thank you. Thank you very much and go !@#$ yourself."

See, being a good friend doesn't always mean saying things that your best friend wants to hear and it most certainly doesn't have to be in the nicest way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ma200

She'd still be a good friend by saying, "Clark, the world isn't about you, you and you. So quit being a stupid, narcissistic pr##k. I find it sad that you're more concerned about screwing Lana than actually focusing on how much good you can bring to this world. And I like to thank for showing me your true side; of how inconsiderate you are about my feelings and how little this friendship means to you. So...thank you. Thank you very much and go !@#$ yourself."

That is absolutely priceless. Pure gold. I'd give anything to hear Chloe tell him off. The boy deserves it. I say being blunt and pulling no punches is the way to go!

Comment

sometimes it hard for someone to entirely let something go like that. She accepts that clark doesn't love her like he loves lana... but to hear him basically say that he wants to marry her. (That's that the 'rest of my life' thing means)... that brought up a twinge of pain.

*Some days are better than others*

She did at least act very maturely about it.. and not try to lowball him with bad advice like lex has done to lana in the past in reguards to clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                      She's just being mature about it and a really good sport. I don't think her feelings have changed at all.
                      Chloe gives Clark the advice that he needs to possibly make the Clois relationship work, regardless of her own true feelings for Clark. Remember how good it feels for her to be the only one who knows the truth about Clark. Telling Clark that he might have to have to be honest with Lois, now that's total love!

By the way, women mature faster then men at that age and during your teen years love has a way of blinding you to the truth, causing some to over-react and act like a jerk. That's just being a regular teen. Sooner or later he'll realize what an ass he was. Have patience with Clark. It's part of him growing up.
                      Last edited by Adctdtosv; 01-21-2006, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I somehow doubt Chloe will ever get over her feelings for Clark, which is on many levels unfortunate for Chloe. So if Clark wants to be friends with her, the least he can do is accept the fact that Chloe wants something more but won't ask for it and thus be sensitive towards her. I mean serioulsy, how idiotic can Clark be? In Devoted, Chloe told Clark she likes him. Surely, some memory of that should stick for someone who has a photographic memory. Besides, how could Clark not remember kissing Chloe on the cheek (or on the lips for that matter on other occasions) every time he sees her. There is something horribly wrong with Clark and it is causing Chloe pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Adctdtosv
                          By the way, women mature faster then men at that age and during your teen years love has a way of blinding you to the truth, causing some to over-react and act like a jerk. That's just being a regular teen. Sooner or later he'll realize what an ass he was.
                          And, until he has this epiphany, I'm going to call him on his jerk-like behavior.

Plus, compared to other males his age, Clark is very immature. It's not that he's acting like a typical 18 or 19 year old guy. He acts like a guy who's about 15 or 16.

I think the point people are trying to make is that Clark was more mature when he was 15 or 16. And a person is supposed to get more mature as they get older. Yet Clark has somehow managed to become less mature as the years pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
                            Right on the money.....and Clark is being Stupid........our slick little blonde needs to be with someone more on her I.Q. level.......where is Bruce Wayne when you need him?......Even if it's just a one night stand.......what the hell, Bruce Wayne may be a dark and brooding fellow....but he is far more noble than Smallville's village idiot has been this season.
                            Absolutly!! Give her Bruce Wayne, for cryin' out loud!!

Comment

Originally posted by I want Lana Lang
                              [

Actually I dont even think they've played on Chloe's feelings since Spirit... [/B]
                              Actually they played on her feeling for clark in forever...the last line where she says " Maybe thing won't change very much after all.."

Comment

I disagree with the Bruce Wayne thing. Seriously, that would be taking her out of the fire and into a locked room with a time bomb. Find someone far better for Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎