Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain in Chloe's eyes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Clark needs is to figure out what kind of person he wants to be for the rest of his life. I don't see how getting into a relationship with Chloe (or anyone else, for that matter) would help this at all. She's already given him solid advice countless times this season, but Clark's perception of his powers and his life haven't changed. We've also seen Clark and Lana have essentially the same wedge between them since season 2, regardless of their relationship status. The only thing that would change if Chloe and Clark got together would be the fact that they kiss and make out on a regular basis. It would just be a different flavor of eye candy.

Comment

Chloe seems to be handling it quite fine (it's her die hard fans who are not!)...Did it ever occur to anyone that she might actually be heaving a big sigh of relief that she doesn't have to deal with all the complications that come with Clark? I loved her in this episode...the scenes with her and Clark doing their sleuthing were the only light moments of the episode (except for sheriff, but she died so it's hard to dwell on her funny moments)And she didn't let Clark off easy...that's the Chloe that I adore

Comment

I didn't get the impression that Clark was asking Chloe to spy on Lana. Chloe said that. All Clark asked her to do was find out how long Lana and Lex had been working together on the spaceship thingie. Perhaps he wanted to know if it started sometime around when he arose from the dead. Maybe he thinks Lex and Lana know more than he or even Chloe realize. If you find out about something that's already happened (when Lex and Lana started their investigation) is it really spying? I consider spying to be in the present or future tense.
        afterall, he only asked her to find out one thing. Unless I missed something.

Comment

I feel bad for Chloe too. She needs to find her own hunka hunka burnin' love. Go get em' Chloe!

Comment

As soon as I saw the Clark-Chloe and Clark-Lana scenes this week, I knew there'd be a firestorm of posts/threads on the subject of Clark's handling of both women. Undoubtedly the powder keg of Smallville fans, this triangle is forever destined to be the most controversial among viewers.

While watching Lockdown, I got the distinct impression that the episode began the slippery slope of Clark's distrust of Lana. Take, for example...

1) Clark's discovery that Lana is investigating the spaceship, and that the spaceship's design has a LuthorCorp insignia on the stationery. Kind of a surprise to Clark based on the partial "coming clean" scene in Fanatic.
            2) Clark asks Chloe to investigate how long Lex and Lana have been working together. Possible reasons for this include:
            a) At what time did the investigation begin relative to Clark's resurrection?
            b) Was Lana's answer of a "couple weeks" (which, btw, was a lie based on the timeline) accurate, or has she been investigating with Lex longer?
            c) How did the investigation begin, and who instigated it?
            3) Lana's behind-doors friendship with Lex. Obviously due to the growing distance between Clark and Lex, the jealousy is growing all around.

I bring these issues up because I cannot get over the fact that many people have this theory that everything should be so smooth and pretty and nice and flowery. Folks, these are teens just about to enter adulthood. There's a reason the phrase "growing pains" exists. Are these flawed characters? Yes, of course they are. If they aren't, what would be the point of watching? Their actions would be predetermined and boring to witness.

The significance of the flaws is also not surprising. If, as the writers have stated since the beginning, Clark and Lana are destined to fail, and both are generally good people (which no one can deny logically) -- it's not surprising (to me, at least) that both act in ways that are detrimental to the relationship.

The Chloe aspect is interesting since she's the "intermediary" of sorts. Chloe's friendship to Clark is as solid as it has ever been, but Allison Mack beautifully added a hint of more still with Chloe this week.

I think another thing that viewers have got to realize is that Clark and Chloe are destined to fail in a relationship too (For clarity, relationship does not mean friendship). For the record, I'm not even going to acknowledge the Chloe-is-Lois thing. That's for another thread. Clark's feelings for Lana have always been the stumbling block for Chloe. Does Clark realize Chloe's feelings completely? Of course not.

But, and here's the kicker, a relationship requires two people. Just because Chloe wants it doesn't mean it should happen. Sure, Chloe's a terrific person and a great friend -- but I'm not sure if a relationship would make it better. Especially when the feelings are not mutual.

Was Clark being a jerk to Chloe? Intentionally, I don't think so. I think Clark loves Chloe as a friend. Is Clark's continuing desire to hide things from Lana detrimental to their relationship? Of course it is! And the same goes for Lana. This is the slippery slope that the series has been gearing up for. These aren't flawless characters! Could they be better? Yes. And what better way for that to happen than by experience. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Comment

People keep trying to turn this into a Chlark vs. Clana thing, but that has nothing to do with it. I'm calling Clark on the way he treated Chloe in this episode, just as I've called him out on the way he's treated...well, just about everyone but Lionel. Everyone has gotten a taste of Clark's self-absorbed insensitivity. Lana. His parents. Lex. Pete. Everybody. This thing with Chloe is just the latest. Proving that, in five seasons, he's learned diddly.

And if Clark isn't sharp enough to get that talking like some dime store romance novel hero about his girlfriend to another girl that he knows had, and still has, feelings for him would potentially hurt that girl, then he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

And his age is not an exscuse. I know 12 year old boys who would've known that wasn't a good idea.

Comment

It hurt to see Chloe that way and they did the camera angles to show us this heart wrenching portrayal of LOVE and INSENSIVITY!

Love on Chloe's part vs. Insensitivity on BDA's part

The Episode Lockdown, has now soldified my view of BDA and his narrow focused behavior toward Chloe's feelings as:

A CERTIFIED AND INSENSITIVE BDA!!

STAMPED GRADE AAA -- BDA by the Dept. of Chlarkers!

Notice I did not mention the BDA's given (Human) or birth name (Kryptonian) in this post!

Comment

The 'pain in Chloe's eyes' can even be seen in a completely different light. Personally, the way Clark treats her, she is extremely unfortunate to have feelings for him.

But her pain is I think caused by something else. Chloe could accept the idea that Clark loves Lana, etc. The pain she sees is because of the way she sees Clark.

Chloe looks at Clark and sees him as her personal symbol for justice, for the man who wants no credit for the amazing things he does (saves people). She sees him as a normal human trying to cope with things that are beyond normal humans to cope with.

I think that for Chloe, as long as Clark saves people, her perception will not change. What is hurting her is that she knows Clark would never intentionally be idiotic, but HE IS. She feels betrayed by the ignorance of the symbol that she has let penetrate her heart for so long.

This isn't even about Lana, it is purely about how Clark is betraying himself. I couldn't help but notice the similarity in TEMPERAMENT to Red-K Clark. The only difference was that Clark wasn't robbing banks and stuff and wasn't screaming as loudly.

Comment

Chloe is willing to tell him the truth..even if she knows he won't like it..and she is what he needs. He's going to mess everything up trying to keep his secret from Lana and if he was to tell lana than it would be because chloe convinced him to. She deserves at least some sensitivity in return..although I wouldn't mind if she got more than sensitivity. Clark is just being stupid...

Comment

I have been saying for five seasons that Clark is a slow learner, to say it mildly, add to that, he can be ignorant, insensitive, self-obsorbed etc... This latest episode just proves that! Clark saves people´s lives, but he doesn´t get involved! He more often than not, fails to see what´s inside of his friends and family members, namely he is not very considerate to the feelings and needs of others! the only person Clark wants to make happy is CLARK! For the past five years, it has mostly been about CLARK, CLARK and CLARK, and not in the good way! That boy need some serious talking to, and he needs to grow up! This ´Oh, give him a break´ stick is getting old realy fast!

Comment

Pete? Pete who? Who is this "Pete" that people say Clark should talk to? Is that the guy who advertised the Talon Mix and Lemon Pledge? Isn't he on an upcoming episode of the soon-to-be-dead "7th Heaven" (something about a race hate crime or something).

I wish they'd stick with the comics and make Lana marry Pete and move to Wichita with him.
                        shirkie

Comment

Lifebound, you wrote an interesting post. I saw the look she gave as shock -- so perhaps she's shocked at Clark's behavior as well as shocked that he would be so thoughtless of her.

Allison really pulled off that scene. I was feeling no sympathy for Clark at all.

Comment

Originally posted by unPTC
                            Chloe seems to be handling it quite fine (it's her die hard fans who are not!)...Did it ever occur to anyone that she might actually be heaving a big sigh of relief that she doesn't have to deal with all the complications that come with Clark?
                            Clarks a jerk.....so what are her fans supposed to say? Oh yeah, I guess unless they stay quiet about it.....they are not handling it well? Listen to what you are saying. Would you be okay with it if it was a family member of yours that got treated that way?

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                              Pete? Pete who? Who is this "Pete" that people say Clark should talk to? Is that the guy who advertised the Talon Mix and Lemon Pledge? Isn't he on an upcoming episode of the soon-to-be-dead "7th Heaven" (something about a race hate crime or something).

I wish they'd stick with the comics and make Lana marry Pete and move to Wichita with him.
                              shirkie

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Okay, now that i've read EVERY reply to this post...

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe that painful look she had was just showing sympathy for her friend? Thats how I read it.

They havent played on Chloes's feelings for Clark all season(I mean, besides Lex's third wheel comment....which I dont even think counts).

I think I'm the only one who sees that Chloe has finally moved passed Clark and has accepted him as her best friend.

Actually I dont even think they've played on Chloe's feelings since Spirit...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎