No announcement yet.

Pain in Chloe's eyes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dannyblue,

Yes he told his mother somethings, but you see that he stopped short of telling her about his feelings for Lana when it comes to being intimate. The only person he can tell is Chloe and I think that Chloe understands this and this is why she tolerates it. She can't say go and tell someone else Clark, who else could he tell? I actually think that this makes the Chloe character even more endearing because she has set her feelings aside to listen to Clark opine. He's from another planet and you have to factor that in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G.
      I noticed that too, & said, "Awwww......man!"

She got a lump in her throat, & kinda' swallowed hard when he was talking about really loving Lana.

Clark my boy, you're a real dumbass.
      Chloe's got personality & charm that would run circles around Lana.

Another plus is, you don't often see Chloe sobbing & snivvling like a lil' b!tch.
      I totally agree with ya Randy 100 %

Lana's a Whiny self centered B!TCH !!!!, and she makes Clark this Moopy sap.

Comment

Originally posted by Polomontana
        Dannyblue,

Yes he told his mother somethings, but you see that he stopped short of telling her about his feelings for Lana when it comes to being intimate. The only person he can tell is Chloe and I think that Chloe understands this and this is why she tolerates it. She can't say go and tell someone else Clark, who else could he tell? I actually think that this makes the Chloe character even more endearing because she has set her feelings aside to listen to Clark opine.
        It's not only the fact that he talks to Chloe about his relationship issues. It's that he doesn't get that this could be hurting her. Only an insensitive person who lacks empathy could be that dense.

He's from another planet and you have to factor that in as well.
        Um, no, I don't. The point of the show has been that, while Clark was born on another planet, he is very human mentally and emotionally. And, since Clark was raised human, I hold him to the same standards as any human born and raised on this planet who's had the experiences he's had.

Comment

I truly felt for Chloe in that scene. It's sad that they've reduced Chloe to this. She needs to tell Clark to quit whining.

Comment

Yeah, is clark stupid or what?? Who does that. Poor chloe. He complains to her, asks her for advice, asks her to spy...tells her that he really loves lana, and all this to the girl that he knows has been in love with him since day one!!?? He is stupid!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Clark is BLINDED by love and of course he's going to think about his feelings first like most humans. Maybe this is a foreign feeling for Kryptonians. You have to realize that Clark is almost invincible and these feelings must make him feel very vulnerable.

Like I said Dannyblue, you have to take into account that he's from Krypton.

Comment

Clark is BLINDED by love and of course he's going to think about his feelings first like most humans. Maybe this is a foreign feeling for Kryptonians. You have to realize that Clark is almost invincible and these feelings must make him feel very vulnerable.
                No again. Clark has always had deep feelings. We've seen them in action for 4+ years. So it's not like he just stepped off the ship and is dealing with something new. So, that's not an exscuse.

Being blinded by love also isn't an exscuse. Yes, some people in love do stupid things. That doesn't make the things they do any less stupid. And some people in love don't act that way.

And, yes, humans do sometimes think of their own feelings first. But, in some situations, doing so is insensitive and selfish.

Comment

No; his behavior is completely unacceptable even for him. All he has to do is actually look into Chloe's eyes. He's being a real jerk.

Comment

What he hasn't experienced is the idea of losing Lana to Lex. I think this is something he never thought could happen and he's panacking.

Comment

What he hasn't experienced is the idea of losing Lana to Lex. I think this is something he never thought could happen and he's panacking.
                      What does his panic over losing Lana have to do with being insensitive to Chloe's feelings? "I'm having doubts about my relationship, so let me go wax poetic about said relationship to my best friend, who I know has feelings for me."

Clark could have expressed his worries in a different way. The way he did it was guaranteed to hurt Chloe. And, if he doesn't get that, that's the height of insensitivity.

Comment

She is a good friend. She just isn't meant for Clark. Glad we'll never see that one.

Comment

Yes he told his mother somethings, but you see that he stopped short of telling her about his feelings for Lana when it comes to being intimate. The only person he can tell is Chloe and I think that Chloe understands this and this is why she tolerates it. She can't say go and tell someone else Clark, who else could he tell?
                          He could've told PETE. Being best of buds doesn't excuse not having the forethought of the potential of hurt feelings when talking about relationships to a person who has had STRONG feelings for you in the past. It seems that the only thing that Clark speaks to Chloe lately is LANA. Hello? Its very insensitive to continuously push the relationship in the face of the person who had to settle for not getting the love she desired.

Comment

SHe's exactly what Clark needs and it's too bad we'll never see Clark realize it. Because seeing the hero wake-up and actually turn to the girl wh challenges him and is loyal to a fault and turn his back on any girl who as selfish and unfeeling as Lana would be a very heroic moment. Whinning over the unlikeable, selfish Lana while using and hurting Chloe makes Clark as unheroic as he can be. A real hero has to be sensitive to those around him and Clark is no hero to treat anyone this way but most especially Chloe. If he wants a girl he can trust , he's had her all along. If he chases someone else? Then he's an idiot and should have to wallow in the mess he's made.

Comment

What about the idea of losing Chloe to his insensitivity? He depends on Chloe a lot...basically for everything..she solves cases with him, talks with him about his powers, lets him vent to about his relationship, she is ALWAYS there, but what does she get? A broken heart! Sorry, but I think its about time Chloe gets something in return!

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
                                She's exactly what Clark needs and it's too bad we'll never see Clark realize it.
                                She may (or may not) be what Clark needs, but the way he's treating her, he is not what she needs. Someone this insensitive to her feelings should be pissing her off. I hope she realizes she deserves better -- and let's him know.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎