Pain in Chloe's eyes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clark's Not a Man.....but he is a loser

Originally posted by CK&CK
    I've never really thought it was a smart thing to tell people to get over it.....because it ain't a light switch......."move on" yes.....that's different....but anyone telling another human being to get over someone special.....probably hasn't been in a relationship that strong.....or at least.....as strong as it should have been. Not implying anything about you.....it's just that's what I always think when I hear that. Or a more simple view .......how the hell can someone get over someone when they are constantly in their face? Man, that is tough....especially when this person is you're best friend.....so give the girl some respect when she's in that "Pine" mode......she sucks it up all to often just to help out that moron.
    You're right. It is unrealistic of me to say that Chloe should just "get over" Clark, especially when she hasn't moped about it at all this season. I guess I just want the focus of the show to shift from the relationship drama to Clark starting to think outside of Smallville and his circle of friends and family. He's go a lot of maturing to do before he can actually be the superhero he's supposed to become.

Comment

Originally posted by sstray72
      I kinda wish that Chloe would turn evil again and use her knowledge of Clark against him and KILL HIM!! Mwahahaaaa. Then we could have Chlex and watch them shine in the darkness of glorious evil where they will RULE THE WORLD!!

Either that, or she can tell Clark to shut the hell up.
      I don't know about Chloe going evil, but I certainly think your other suggestion is possible
      Maybe she could also do that to Lana?

QUOTE]Originally posted by MBCorp
      [B]I actually had the very same thought. And can you imagine what a bore it must be for Chloe to have to hear both Clark and Lana angst and moan and gripe about their love life to her?

I hate this, too. I don't know how she puts up with it.
      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-20-2006, 06:25 AM.

Comment

As much as I hate to say (Chlarker at heart), Chloe needs to distance herself from Clark. She needs to get a GUY!!! I dont understand why they just dont give her one! Maybe once she does distance herself from Clark, he will realize something...

Comment

Chloe is not a girl who needs to be joined at the hip to a guy to be whole like Lana. But yes, Clark Kent was once again revealed to be the bigest jsrk, the most insensitive ******* in the known universe. Chloe was on the verge of tears and he completly didn't see it. No one, not even a socially inept alien, would actually be that blind and insensitive. I can't understand why the writers and producers must portray Clark as such a jerk to CHloe of all people.

But they've had Chloe set herself up for this by allowing Lana in as a room mate, after all. It's pitiful and I'd shove a piece of Kryptonite where the sun don't shine if I were her. There is something seriously worn with Clark that he wouldn't jump for CHloe and kick nasty Lana to the curb for being such an unfeeling ***** in her own right.

If Clark's such a man then he needs to take care of his own problems. This is way beyond what he should be doing to Chloe. I just can't figure out why TPTB think it's necessary to treat any character this way. Or why they persist in portraying the hero as such an uncaring jerk who thinks only of himself most of the time. This is not the Clark we met four years agao; even then he would never have treated Chloe this way had he known she had feelings for him. Yet now, as a supposed adult, he does. I just don't get it and I definitely don't like it.

Comment

I am only going to make this coment out of personal experience. When you love someone for a long time, even though you may have moved on there will be times where a situation brings you back and you are brought face to face with the reality that they didn't want you. Case in point. One of my very close friends and I had dated at a point in our "relationship" then we broke up but my feelings had always been there for him. There came a point where it was "do or die" and I called him on our interactions where I was told it was a "bad time" for him to get into a relationship (i.e. he met another girl). I was sad and jealous for a while but now I am at the poitn where I can be the friend and give advice (honest real advice like Chloe gave Clark last night). He being rather Clark-like is a dolt and sometimes dosn't realize when he hurts my feelings (speaking of his girlfriend or just in general) and he recently told me that he was getting engaged. When he told me all of those feelings came back and i was reminded that as well as we get along and as close as we are, he doesn't want me. It still hurts just as much as it did a few months ago. So I understand Chloe, and I think that its ok for her to get upset once in a while.

Comment

As I have said before, think of this from a realistic point of view. Clark is in panic mode because of his feelings for Lana and hiding his secret.

Is he being a jerk to Chloe right now (probably not intentional)? Yep!

But right now, emotionally, he is distraught and that will come to a close next week, well temporarily.

Comment

Clark came off so badly in that scene. It would be one thing if Clark had never known about how Chloe felt for him. But not only does he know she loved him once upon a time, he knows she still has feelings for him, because they've been hinted at in conversations they've had this very season.

And, yet, he runs to throw his relationship in her face, and never seems to consider her feelings at all. Not even a realization after the fact that maybe he'd stepped over a line there.

That's just...ug.

Comment

I think you have said all that needs to be said so well. Clark is moron, Chloe feels the pain, can the writers make Clark look like a bigger jerk?

I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and show my support for Chloe and pray that episode 100 will nail some sense into Clark.

Comment

Yeah, give Clark a break. This is how most people act when they feel that there only true love is slipping out of their hands. You heard Clark say he can't even imagine being with someone else beside Lana. When your in love it's hard to look past the moment and Chloe is just being a good friend because good friends often have to hear the true feelings. You have to realize that Clark can't go to his parents about these thing because he would feel uncomfortable and Chloe is the only person in the world that he can tell these things to.

I think Allison deserves an emmy for last nights show. The way that she expressed the pain in her face from hearing about Clark and Lana, was priceless. BRAVO Allison!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp

I also thought it was slimey for Clark to ask her to spy on Lana. You just don't do things like that, Clark.
                      AGREED!!! i wanted to kick him for that thought!!

Comment

I like the way she handled it. Friendship is all she has with Clark, so it's like there was no point in resurrecting those feelings that she's pushed away for so long.

Comment

Polomontana: Yes, give Allsion an emmy for her work, best supporting actress. Her season 5 work has been exceptional, as has all her other work! She acts so well that one can feel Chloe's pain so deeply, gah!

Comment

Originally posted by Polomontana
                            Yeah, give Clark a break. This is how most people act when they feel that there only true love is slipping out of their hands. You heard Clark say he can't even imagine being with someone else beside Lana. When your in love it's hard to look past the moment and Chloe is just being a good friend because good friends often have to hear the true feelings. You have to realize that Clark can't go to his parents about these thing because he would feel uncomfortable and Chloe is the only person in the world that he can tell these things to.
                            No. And no again. Clark has run out of breaks with me, after five years of learning nothing. Yes, this is how some people would act in this situation. But that wouldn't make their behavior any less insensitive or self-absorbed. (Also, Clark was talking to his mother about it, so...)

It one thing for Clark to talk to Chloe, in general, about the problems he's having with Lana. But throwing lines like "I love her so much," and "I want to be with her forever" in the face of a person he knows once loved, and still has feelings, for him?

Yes, Chloe is being very mature about the situation. Kudos to Chloe, because she deserves it. But that doesn't mean Clark has the right to take advantage of that maturity.

Comment

She handled herself very well and what I was thinking about while watching, was the different posts that have questioned why Chloe hasn't been in more danger knowing Clark's secret - Like Pete was etc. Having to be in the middle of Clana like she is, is just as bad - if not worse than being in physical danger. Not that physical danger can't mess with your head, but man...

Comment

So right both Dannyblue1 and lex&os. The thing is that Clark is supposed to go through problems and difficulty, but we are supposed to look up to him for his inner fortitute, for his ATTEMPT to do the right thing .I see no attempt to do anything like that.

I am surprised by how TPTB choses to portray Clark and in the process put CHloe in such an unfortunate position. I cannot see the creative plus points of doing what they are doing or how it can be used in the plot. Maybe Reckoning will answer this. I think that Lockdown was purely a setup for Reckoning, and a mediocre one at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎