Collapse
No announcement yet.

the sex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, as for this whole situation, I'm sure there are ways for them to be "safe" about it. Maybe there is a way for Lana to avoid getting in Clark's "line of fire." (heh)

Thanks, folks, I'll be here all week!

Comment

Is this an audiance or a prison gang?

Comment

Man of Steel
        Woman of Kleenex

by Larry Niven 1971

An exceedingly amusing story by Larry Niven about the Superman's procreative challenges.

The section on "super sperm" is actually even more scary and funny than the section on sex-proper:

Meanwhile, tens of millions of sperm swarm in the air over Metropolis.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        VIII
        This is more serious than it looks.

Consider: these sperm are virtually indestructible. Within days or weeks they will die for lack of nourishment. Meanwhile they cannot be affected by heat, cold, vacuum, toxins, or anything short of green kryptonite. (*And other forms of kryptonite. For instance, there are chunks of red kryptonite that make giants of kryptonians. Imagine ten million earthworm size spermatozoa swarming over a Metropolis beach, diving to fertilize the beach balls... but I digress.*) There they are, minuscule but dangerous; for each has supernormal powers.

Metropolis is shaken by tiny sonic booms. Wormholes, charred by meteoric heat, sprout magically in all kinds of things: plate glass, masonry, antique ceramics, electric mixers, wood, household pets, and citizens. Some of the sperm will crack lightspeed. The Metropolis night comes alive with a network of narrow, eerie blue lines of Cherenkov radiation.

And women whom Superman has never met find themselves in a delicate condition.

Consider: LL won't get pregnant because there were too many of the blind mindless beasts. But whenever one sperm approaches an unfertilized human egg in its panic flight, it will attack.

How close is close enough? A few centimeters? Are sperm attracted by chemical cues? It seems likely. Metropolis had a population of millions; and kryptonian sperm could travel a long and crooked path, billions of miles, before it gives up and dies.

Several thousand blessed events seem not unlikely. (*If the pubescent Superboy plays with himself, we have the same problem over Smallville.*)

Several thousand lawsuits would follow. Not that Superman can't afford to pay. There's a trick where you squeeze a lump of coal into its allotropic diamond form...
        Last edited by Eh,Man?You-El?; 01-30-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

*crickets chirping*

That's...nice. But I was referring to "line of fire" as the heat vision. See? It had double meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by metropolis
            *crickets chirping*

That's...nice. But I was referring to "line of fire" as the heat vision. See? It had double meaning.
            Really???
            I'm still straining to find a single meaning.

Oh, and BTW, "this" is neither a prison gang (whatever that means)
            OR an "audience" per se.
            Last edited by Eh,Man?You-El?; 01-30-2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if he asked a mortal woman (you know who) to marry him and she said yes then what was he expecting??? Ok sure honey lets get married but WHAaaa? No sex??? The diamond trick is great but this girl's got needs!!! hehehehe

Comment

Honestly, I find that essay by Larry Niven to make far too many assumptions which I frankly don't believe. I think one has to understand that Superman's abilities are not natural on Krypton and thus, without the prolongued exposure to sunlight, the sperm would not necessarily have the same indestructible properties of Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
                  Really???
                  I'm still straining to find a single meaning.

Are you really that naive?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown-eyes
                    I'm wondering if he asked a mortal woman (you know who) to marry him and she said yes then what was he expecting??? Ok sure honey lets get married but WHAaaa? No sex??? The diamond trick is great but this girl's got needs!!! hehehehe

Yes, you hit on the real hard true and reality to any relationship, especially when it comes to the BDA!

Comment

Originally posted by Lifebound
                      Honestly, I find that essay by Larry Niven to make far too many assumptions which I frankly don't believe. I think one has to understand that Superman's abilities are not natural on Krypton and thus, without the prolongued exposure to sunlight, the sperm would not necessarily have the same indestructible properties of Superman.
                      Saying that Superman's sperm aren't indestructible is like saying his bones aren't unbreakable. Everything inside his body takes on the same properties he has.

Comment

Let me Summarize the Whole Argument & Why I think it's Possible for a Safe Pregnancy.

Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
                        Man of Steel
                        Woman of Kleenex

by Larry Niven 1971

An exceedingly amusing story by Larry Niven about the Superman's procreative challenges.

The section on "super sperm" is actually even more scary and funny than the section on sex-proper:

Meanwhile, tens of millions of sperm swarm in the air over Metropolis.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        VIII
                        This is more serious than it looks.

Consider: these sperm are virtually indestructible. Within days or weeks they will die for lack of nourishment. Meanwhile they cannot be affected by heat, cold, vacuum, toxins, or anything short of green kryptonite. (*And other forms of kryptonite. For instance, there are chunks of red kryptonite that make giants of kryptonians. Imagine ten million earthworm size spermatozoa swarming over a Metropolis beach, diving to fertilize the beach balls... but I digress.*) There they are, minuscule but dangerous; for each has supernormal powers.

Metropolis is shaken by tiny sonic booms. Wormholes, charred by meteoric heat, sprout magically in all kinds of things: plate glass, masonry, antique ceramics, electric mixers, wood, household pets, and citizens. Some of the sperm will crack lightspeed. The Metropolis night comes alive with a network of narrow, eerie blue lines of Cherenkov radiation.

And women whom Superman has never met find themselves in a delicate condition.

Consider: LL won't get pregnant because there were too many of the blind mindless beasts. But whenever one sperm approaches an unfertilized human egg in its panic flight, it will attack.

How close is close enough? A few centimeters? Are sperm attracted by chemical cues? It seems likely. Metropolis had a population of millions; and kryptonian sperm could travel a long and crooked path, billions of miles, before it gives up and dies.

Several thousand blessed events seem not unlikely. (*If the pubescent Superboy plays with himself, we have the same problem over Smallville.*)

Several thousand lawsuits would follow. Not that Superman can't afford to pay. There's a trick where you squeeze a lump of coal into its allotropic diamond form...
                        Originally posted by Lifebound
                        Also, the pregnancy thing I think is wrong. Clark's abilities grow with time AND with exposure to the sun. The baby would have in the womb very little of that (and I mean VERY little). So one good kick wouldn't kill the mother, because the baby would not have developed superpowers yet.

The second issue is actually the chromosome match-up. However, it is might be possible because of some similarities. Its like how two different breeds of dogs can do the dance and create a new breed successfully. I would think of it like that.

There is also no reason to think that the sperm would kill the woman. Why? Because if Clark performs at the speed normal people do (through CONTROL) there is a good probability that the momentum of the sperm is similar to that of a normal person. In that scenario, because of the low velocity (mass would be relatively equal to a normal person and thus so would velocity since p=mv) of the sperm, it is as likely for fatal multiple fertilizations as for a normal person.

Overall, the only main difficulty other than control is the genetic similarity for conception of a baby.
                        We can ALL say about the Super-Sperm
                        1. Will last longer and More Resilient.
                        2. Even after it gets washed away.
                        3. and Even the 1st Sperm Ferilize the egg. Nature will make the Ovum change to a stronger egg and does not effect when more sperm goes into one egg.

ALL can be solved with a Kryptonite Condom or Having a small Green-K during intercourse. OR they can Do it in the Fortress of Solitude.

Carrying the Pregnancy is Possible as stated by Lifebound.

And to end this Sex question forever:
                        A scene from the hit sitcom Smallville that was far too sexual to air and was edited out of the season finale episode. (Warning PG-13 advised)
                        Last edited by RedQ; 06-03-2006, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎