No announcement yet.

"Do as I say, not as I do"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do as I say, not as I do"

Okay, so when JK is in the hospital and him and Martha have their argument, Martha walks out and Clark says: "Do as I say, not as I do, huh Dad?" I racked my brain trying to figure out what he is talking about or referencing, but I'm still confused. Anyone have any ideas?

"Do as I say, not as I do, huh Dad?"

This means I think if I tell you not to do something you don't do it, but it's okay when I do it.

At least that's what I think it means.

Comment

Yes, but why is Clark saying this? What is Clark's dad doing that he tells Clark not to do? Arguing with Martha, or letting her walk out without resolving things?

Comment

I thought he was referring to JK being stubborn and not staying out of danger.

Comment

"Do as I say, not as I do?" So that's were Clark's better-than-thou attitude comes from: Jonathan.

Comment

i think clark is referring to the fact that JK told off Clark for keeping secrets from his folks (ie Someone he loved was going to die, Prof Fine being Kryptonian etc) when JK did the exact same thing...
            Cheers,
            Brad

-------------
            GEELONG: PREMIERS IN 2006!!! GET ON BOARD BABY!!!!!!!

Comment

Ah, makes sense now...yes I guess that's what he would be referring to, keeping secrets. Thanks guys!

Comment

i thought he was referring to the fact that Clark told him to drop out of the race but Jonathan still goes into the danger much like Clark does every week.

Comment

I think it's more to reference of Resting when injured and not risking your life.

That's why JK replied of "I never taught you to buckle under pressure. Especially not from Lex Luthor."

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎