No announcement yet.

A "Previous on Smallville..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Previous on Smallville..."

Finally they heard me ( ) and decided to put scenes of previous episodes in the show. They only did that on big episodes.

I think it's just a once of because of the Hiatus Smallville was on. I personaly don't mind "previously on smallville" but I do when it cuts into the length of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by angelus666
      I think it's just a once of because of the Hiatus Smallville was on. I personaly don't mind "previously on smallville" but I do when it cuts into the length of the episode.
      And in this case, I thought some parts of the episode seemed quite rushed. That previously on Smallville did cut into valuable time for the producers. But perhaps it was needed because of the hiatus.

Comment

It was needed because of the hiatus, maybe. Although they put in things that related directly to this episode, not just a general recap. Plus there was that Season 3 scene with Mionel.
        God I hope this becomes a trend.
        Oh, and it definitely would never be the reason an episode was rushed. It was just as long as any other ep.

Comment

I think the ep was rushed to fit in more commercials. My gawd, they seem to be breeding in there! Enough with the interuptions and on-screen ads once the eppy resumes!

Comment

I meant rushed as in the pace of the episode was much faster. The dialogue, action, everything happened quicker. Yes, the episode overall was as long as any other, but you have to admit that a lot happened in the episode and that a couple of minutes would have helped the acting feel more naturally paced.

Nonetheless, I think the hiatus of SV airing required the previously on SV.

Comment

I hope they keep it. When the have to say "Previously on.." that usally means continuity. I Smallville needs that... alot!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Action
                I hope they keep it. When the have to say "Previously on.." that usally means continuity. I Smallville needs that... alot!
                I completely agree with you!

Comment

i thought i was watching the wrong eppie at the start lol

wasnt expecting it at all

Comment

They do it for every Lost episode, and it tells you basically what past events are going to be important - continuity. I vote they keep it.

Comment

I thought it was a nice recap, but was it just me or were there scenes that were never aired before, i.e. the part were Lionel talks to Martha as she is walking up the stairs, and before that, Lionel talking to Jonathan in the barn (I figure that these parts are from Splinter, but because Clark wasn't seeing things correctly, we never got to see those scenes in their correct form...but I'm not sure...). What do you all think?

Comment

This thread should turn into one of those: If your just joining us... threads.

Previously on Smallville... ya should've watched the episode, figure it out for yourselves you poor confused people.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                          I thought it was a nice recap, but was it just me or were there scenes that were never aired before, i.e. the part were Lionel talks to Martha as she is walking up the stairs, and before that, Lionel talking to Jonathan in the barn (I figure that these parts are from Splinter, but because Clark wasn't seeing things correctly, we never got to see those scenes in their correct form...but I'm not sure...). What do you all think?
                          Like someone said a few posts up, the Lionel/Martha scene was from a S3 episode. I was confused at first too, but then I remembered it from before. I don't know about the barn scene with Jonathan and Lionel, but if that's what TPTB showed us, then I'm guessing that's what we need to know and what they want us to know.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefan26
                            Like someone said a few posts up, the Lionel/Martha scene was from a S3 episode. I was confused at first too, but then I remembered it from before. I don't know about the barn scene with Jonathan and Lionel, but if that's what TPTB showed us, then I'm guessing that's what we need to know and what they want us to know.
                            I guess it was from season 3 (I really need to get that season on DVD!) I think what confused me most - or at least caused me to not recognize that particular scene (Lionel and Martha) - was the fact that usually when we see a "previously on Smallville" recap, it is a recap of that current season, or at least I thought so...but I was mistaken.

I agree with you though, if TPTB show it to us, that means that it has some significance and should be taken into account.
                            Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

The Previously clip of Lionel/Martha is from Memoria in season3 episode 19.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎