What did you think of Fanatic?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ No joke!!! When she shot her two friends in cold blood, and then the whole head-shaving deal... EEK!

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
      ^ No joke!!! When she shot her two friends in cold blood, and then the whole head-shaving deal... EEK!
      Loool just before she pulled out the gun I thought "Only thing missing now is a gun and... oh. Well there you go"

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnietoons
        Loool just before she pulled out the gun I thought "Only thing missing now is a gun and... oh. Well there you go"
        Ha-ha-ha!!!! No kidding! And then that scene where she showed up in Lex's office, totally bald, with her feet on his desk, in his bathrobe! And that creepy "Lex" necklace... That should have been his first sign that the girl was a psychopath.

Comment

The episode was actually decent. I just can't stand these writters making Clark act like a 12 year old. Lana is wondering why he won't have sex and says not to keep secrets.

Clark: Secret sharing works both ways Lana!
          Clark: You study astronomy! What's up with all that secret?? Bad bad! This is why I won't have sex with yoU!

So lame

Comment

Okay, I have a question (I have my own theories, but I wondered what others think) - why exactly is Jonathan running for senate? If it's to stop Lex screwing over the state...well, what has Lex done so far that puts the state in danger? The only thing I can think of it the Leviathan project, and that was essentially done on a legitimate business level anyway. And considering how he feels about the rich and powerful, I found him speech about working in the interest of the poor *and* rich less than convincing. On the other hand, ff he's running because he wants some glory to impress his son...well, it's not very noble, but I can understand.

It just seems so hypocritical (as Clark says, do as I say, not as I do) that the Kents have to hide away...until Jonathan wants to do something, and then the fact that reporters will be crowding around is suddenly all right with him. I never did particularly like Jonathan, but this arc cemented for me that he could be judgemental, close-minded, hypocritical and obstinate...and also a little selfish.

And I thought it was kinda weird that Clark, after having been hurt by Lex's schemes, is actually less accusatory to him than when they were best friends. He questionned him a bit, but then seemed to believe Lex at the hospital. (I did like that Lex has his own code about not hurting the Kents - politically damaging them is fine, but he'd never cross his own line and hurt them like that)

Clark did not come out well in the whole Lana sex arc, did he? I liked how she wouldn't let him off the hook though, and that she finally told him some truths about the ship. She has to suspect something about Clark's involvement - who gets that upset about their girlfriend studying astronomy?!

And something superficial - Lionel's tie annoys me. It looks like a Liquorice Allsort.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbar
              Okay, I have a question (I have my own theories, but I wondered what others think) - why exactly is Jonathan running for senate?
              You know, I have been wondering about that for the exactly same reasons. A few years back it is all keep a low profile. And suddenly ?

A lot of reasons come to mind, from mid-life crisis to him wanting to impress Martha and Clark, but I think we also have to consider the possibility of him being a meteor freak. He was more than enough exposed to kryptonite and he did show a talent once: healing. Jonathan was healing Clark (I think it was in Talisman) and it didn't look all that different from Chloe's way of healing. And also like the healing of that other healer we saw healing Lana's horse and the guy who wanted to hurt him (Visitor, season two). After Jonathan healed Clark, Clark and Martha speculated that it had actually been Jor El healing Clark through Jonathan, as if Jonathan was a kind of vessel to Jor El. But we don't see any indication of Jor El and Jonathan still being connected like that, do we? He does not suddenly write texts in Krypton. The other explanation - Jonathan being a meteor infected - would at least explain his rather fanatic behaviour in his last episodes alive.

Comment

You know, I didn't really care too much for the episode when I first saw it, but now after rewatching it, I've actually come to enjoy a good bit. Samantha was just CREEPY! Reminded me a lot of Alicia. This wasn't a knockout episode by any means but I kinda like it. One problem I do have is that beginning......I mean really....we know Lois does not shoot Lex. Give us more credit than that writers.

7 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                  One problem I do have is that beginning......I mean really....we know Lois does not shoot Lex. Give us more credit than that writers.
                  That's actually a plothole.

We first see Lois look through the scope in person. Then we see just the eye and the pulling of the trigger.

From the reveal we know that the second person was Samantha.

Problem is, Samantha has clear-blue eyes but the second person to look through the scope has Lois' hazel green eyes.

Comment

The only Smallville episode written by future Arrow writer and showrunner Wendy Mericle. It's not the only episode penned by someone, who has also written for one of the "Arrowverse" shows. However, Arrow episodes penned by notable Smallville writers appears to be limited to the first two seasons (which most fans of that show regards as its best). Meanwhile, Mericle and the Helberg brothers (current writers and showrunners of The Flash), who wrote the episode "Hero", only did one. And neither episode was good. So, two out of the current DC/CW shows, are run by people who wrote one bad Smallville episode and never asked to write a second.

The villain of the episode is named Samantha Drake. When I heard the name, I instantly thought "wasn't that the name of the mother of Oliver's kid on Arrow?" So, I looked her up and found that her name was Samantha Clayton. However, interestingly, Mericle created her too. So, what does she have against girls named "Samantha"?
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-27-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎