Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great superspeed Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not loud enough to cause everyone to panic the way that they did. Imean the room had a bunch of balloons...i'm sure one of them had to pop before the one that got hit with the bullet. I see what you guy's are sying though. I also thought that Clark did run faster in past episodes...but then again.....previous eppy's he always heard the bullet before running to stop it. This eppy he waited a good 2.464 seconds <lol> heard the shot...then he started..... to what they use to say back in the day.."book" to stop the bullet from making a new hole in JK head.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSpector
      Yes, but to everyone onstage....Clark just appears out of nowhere.
      Clark kept going. No one saw him at all. Not until he wanted them to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Ymmij
        Well, for the rifle, it did have a silencer, but it popped a balloon, and that would make a loud noise.
        the gun didnt actually have a silencer on it. in the episode, you could hear the rifle shot. the top they showed was just the standard tip on the rifle, not a silencer or suppressor. so the people were ducking because of the shot, not the balloon popping.

Comment

I have a theory as to why that scene played out the way it did;

Ok, Clark knows he's faster than any bullet(s), right? So, all he needed to do was hear the shot and locate the bullet, which he did. Now, at this point, he has 2 options; (a) just catch the bullet and have nobody see him and the whole thing plays out normally* [*or as normally a situation could play out in an attempted assassination] - OR - (b) "appear out of nowhere" to knock his dad out of the way of the bullet, in front of a room full of LOTS of people.

I think choice A was the most prudent one in that situation. Plus, doing what he did, that allowed him to superspeed after the shooter, unnoticed by all.

I have a theory as to why that scene played out the way it did (sorta mentioned/described above);

Ok, Clark knows he's faster than any bullet(s), right? So, all he needed to do was hear the shot and locate the bullet, which he did. Now, at this point, he has 2 options; (a) just catch the bullet and have nobody see him and the whole thing plays out normally* [*or as normally a situation could play out in an attempted assassination] - OR - (b) "appear out of nowhere" to knock his dad out of the way of the bullet, in front of a room full of LOTS of people.

I think choice A was the most prudent one in that situation. Plus, doing what he did, that allowed him to superspeed after the shooter, unnoticed by all.

You could make the argument about a few people might have seen him walk in, just before the bullet was shot, but after all that happened, who's really gonna notice that "he was there, and then he wasn't"?
          Last edited by SVfan26; 01-14-2006, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I think even with a silencer you could hear the bullet going-off , it just reduces the noise doesn't erase it lol

Comment

I like the balloon meshes. Looks cool.

Comment

Re: Great superspeed Clark

Originally posted by TrevorH
                One of the best bullet catches I have seen yet on Smallville..

The FX Scene should get an EMMY Nomination!!!!

Comment

Amazing effects! Really awesome.
                  I think no one saw him, he was moving too fast for them to blink, seeing as he caught up to a bullet and then ran/dove horizontally in front of it quick enough to catch it. I mean, a bullet fires and by the time we hear it I think it has already hit its target.

Oh, and I just rewatched it, and they are reacting to the balloon popping. I am almost 99% positive.

Comment

the whole scene was just AWESOME...

I think the balloon was a great touch, and the look on Pa Kent's face? PRICELESS

the effects were perfect

oh and political rallies are so crowded and noisy that nobody'd hear the balloon popping. They heard the shot

they wouldnt notice Clark either...

Comment

I think I'll rewatch the scene again, just for the ballon pop!!

Comment

someone said earlier that if clark had tackled Jonathon down it would have been better. it wouldn't because how would you explain someone jumping out in the middle of nowhere that quickly and saving his father from a deadly bullet? you couldn't, clark couldnt be seen so what he did was right

Comment

wrong

Originally posted by Lifebound
                          Now just how did anyone not see him just appear out of nowhere in front of Jonathon. And why did his security come as no one would have known the bullet was shot as the rifle had a silencer and nobody could hear its impact?

Questions abound. It would have been better if Clark dove and took Jonathon down with him to avoid the bullet.

Sorry Dude but there was no silencer on the rifle, Most rifle can't be silenced because there round been fired breaks the sound barrier, please post a picture of the rifle with the "silencer on it"

Comment

i was not expecting this jump and catch and i loved it. i think no one noticed clark beacuse all the pepole were reacting to a gun shot. worried about joh kents saftey and thier own. i think john figure it out that clark saved him after the bullet wnt off and no one was hurt.

Comment

absolutely brilliant i agree. the minute that bullet was fired and you see clark turn his head i was like "go on CLARK!!"

Comment

why did Clark need to catch the bullet anyway? he could've disintegrated it from far away like he did in "Heat"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎