Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stealing Clips = Being Banned!! (Please Read)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing Clips = Being Banned!! (Please Read)

I have already had to ban three people for clip theft since I took over as moderator here. What is so hard for people to understand about this?

If you cannot get the clips yourself through a DVD ripping program, then do not make the video. I realize that making videos has become a growing trend. Back when I started vidding, we didn't even have half the people we do now making videos. But if you want to gain a good reputation and become a respected vidder, the best thing to do is to work hard, and more importantly, do your own work. You may think that you are doing nothing wrong and that it is harmless. However, vidders spend hours upon hours putting together their videos with meticulous editing to get everything to flow. You are stealing their work.

So let me stress this FOR THE LAST TIME :

IF YOU "BORROW" CLIPS FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S VIDEO, AND PUT THEM IN YOUR OWN, IT IS CONSIDERED THEFT AND WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING BANNED.

- If you suspect someone of stealing your work, PM me a link to the person's thread, and your video. I will review both vids. If theft has occured the guilty party will be banned, with no, ifs, and's, or but's.

* The only acception to this, is if you have gained permission from the person to use their clips, and you make note of this in your thread when posting your video.

To re-inforce this...

Kryptonsite has always had a strict policy of bannishment without warning if plagerism or any other act of theft is committed on someone's work. This is not some personal vendetta of mine. It was site policy long before I took over as moderator. I am now simply enforcing the policy.

ATTN TO ALL VIDDERS

Please start watermarking your videos. I know that there are some out there that don't like the idea of putting a watermark in. But nowadays, it is practically a neccesity. This will help to make identifying theft easier, and hopefully start keeping the number of thefts down.

I was not aware that you could watermark your vids when using Windows Movie Maker. However, recently I was informed that it is possible.

Steps to watermarking with Windows Movie Maker

Here are the steps...

1 Go to "tools"
    2 "titles and credits"
    3 "title on the selected clip"
    4 Type in text or initals
    5 "Change Title Animation"
    6 Under "Titles, One Line" click "subtitle"
    7 "Change text font and color"
    8 You must "ALIGN TEXT RIGHT" if you want the watermark to appear at the bottom right of the video
    9 You can then change the font, color, size, and transpirancy of the vid

* Thanks to Ande and tomwellingishot for the info.
    Last edited by vyperman7; 01-11-2006, 07:51 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎