Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!

1 - The speedforce is an extradimensional field that lies beyond the speed of light. The Flash drawns his velocity from it. It also hosts the spirits of speedsters past. Wally West, the current Flash, became the only man to enter the force and return. He mainlined it and became the fastest man ever.

2 - Well, as far as I know Wally West was the fastest man alive until Infinte Crisis. He's future is not clear yet.

The smartest is probably Batman. But there's also Mister Terrific who is suppodsely the smartest of them all.

The strongest is, I think, Superman.

3 - There's already and answer to this question in one of the threads. In short, he was created by a mad scientist named Bertron in the distant past of the planet Krypton.

4 - 5 - 6 - Well, I don't have the time right that now (lol).

I sure someone else will answer the rest of your question (and possibly correct my answers) sometime soon.
    Last edited by IVODARK; 04-20-2006, 10:16 AM.

Comment

1. Mostly what he ^ said.

2. You can't really quantify who's the best. DC doesn't have it set. It fluctuates. I mean, for pretty much all of post Crisis, Superman didn't top any of the powers scales. He wasn't the fastest, strongest, smartest, most invulnerable, or any of that. But suddenly, Superman is becoming the greatest in everything again.

Supposedly it's like this. Superman, is just among the top tier of all these classifications. Part of what makes him great though, is that even though he isn't the strongest or fastest, he's among the strongest and fastest, and he's got the broadest power base. Overall, this makes him the most well rounded hero. Add in his heart of gold, and boyscout nature, and you've got the greatest of the all DC heroes.

Flash is the fastest person in the DCU. He can accelerate, under his own power, to beyond light speed. What happens post infinite crisis remains to be seen though.

Batman, is probably over all, the best tactician and leader of the Earth heroes. Mr Terrific is better with technical things, and is a great leader as well with the JSA, but Batman's paranoia, and planning skills, make him the better overall leader.

Wonder Woman is probably the best all out brawler. Her raw anger, and fury, go hand in hand with her thousands of years of warrior experience.

Cpatain Marvel, is probably the wisest of all DC heroes. On occasion, even Superman has turned to this 13 year old hero for advice, and has been stunned at just how grown up, and intelligent Billy Batson is, thanks to the Wisdom of Solomon.

Other than that, it get's hard. I mean, strongest, you can't really rate. Superman can lift mountains, but a Green Lantern can move planets. But can you call what a Green Lantern does, a feat of strength?

3. Yeah, see the doomsday chronicles thread.

4. same thing as number two. It's really hard, when DC is currently in flux to come up with a list like this. I mean, Superman and Captain Marvel are supposedly equal in terms of raw physical power, yet half the time Marvel has no problem mopping he floor with Superman, and at others, Superman has no problem mopping the floor with Marvel. With Speed, we got a Superman, who now apparently, can break lightspeed with ease, and not even care. But somehow, he's still not quite fast enough when the plot calls for it.

5. She was his psychiatrist at Arkham, Dr. Harleen Quinzel. She fell in love with him, helped him escape, and has been with her "Puddin" ever since.

6. Superman ended up taking a lot of them out, but I believe in the end was brought down through a plan of Batman's, but this one I'm not positive on.

Comment

Thanks to both of

Q. What happened to Lois in "Kingdom Come" ? Was she in Kansas when this guy was sliced to bit and produced a nuclear explosion ?

Q. Is there a "Kingsom come 2" ?

Comment

Lois was murdered by the Joker, when he broke out of Arkham thanks to the Toyman's help. Toyman was killed in the attempted escape, so as a thank you, Joker went to the Daily Planet, and killed the entire reporting staff there, since they were always the ones cracking the Toyman's schemes and helping Superman stop him. Clark had actually just left for an emergency at the itnernational space station, and missed the signal from Jimmy's watch until it was too late. He arrived to find most of the Planet staff Jokerized, and Lois had gotten her skull bashed in with a paperweight for trying to fight Joker off. It's the reason he then retired, because when Magog killed Joker, Clark was denied the Justice for the murder of his wife, and his best friend Jimmy.

There is a sequel of sorts called the Kingdom, but it's not nearly as good, and is nothing compared to what would have been had Alex Ross and Mark Waid done what they were going to.

Comment

Wow, I really totally missed that when I read the comic. Like someone could kill the Joker... But still, there was a nuclear super-hero guy who got sliced in half and destroyed Kansas right ?

Q. I read that in a peticular story every super-power in the world were removed, and that the Joker was sane again, insinuating his madness was a power. What's up with that ?

Q. Is it true that along his career the Joker has killed enough people to fill a small country ?

I'm doing a boring exam and asking questions is my only joy today, so I will ask a lot... If you're tired to answer I'll understand lol

Comment

Hal, don't forget Kara Zor-el, she's "more powerful than Superman" (lol). You're right, it varies from story to story.

How do you think is the best martial artist, though?

Yes, there was a nuclear super-hero who got sliced and Kansas was destroyed (Kingdom Come)

1 - Sorry, I don't follow the Bat-Person stories that much, so you got me with that one. Now, I'm intrigued.

2 - The last time I read I reference of how many people the Joker has killed it was over two thousand. It was in a recent book, I don't remember which one.
              Last edited by IVODARK; 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Actually Kara isn't stronger. According to the latest issues of Batman/Superman, and Supergirl, and SUperman, Clark has been way more powerful all along, he was just being nice, and giving her the benefit of the doubt, and not trying to hurt her.

The guy that blew up Kansas was Captain Atom. Magog's new Justice Batallion, at least thats what i think its called, was made up of judo master, captain atom, magog, alloy (the combined form of all the metal men), and a couple other people, one with superspeed, and one that could fly. They all were trying to capture parasite, who was actually an old man at that time, and they all kept hitting him, and he kept absorbing random powers, and finally, when Captain Atom flew at him, he used a move from Judo Master, and split captain atom open, resulting in the nuking of kansas.

Really, you should all read the novelization of Kingdom Come, it fleshes the whole story out, and it was written by Mark Waid. It's all based off his and Alex Ross' work.

No clue about the two questions though. Though, the Joker is considered the biggest mass murderer in the DCU.

Comment

Yeah, I was just kidding about Supergirl. It was just a marketing thing DC went for.

Comment

So far, in Outsiders OYL (which, in case you didn't see the issues or spoilers, has Captain B Jr. as a member), he has shown no evidence of super speed. In fact, they're in process of facing a super fast bad guy, and he took Boomy out without too much effort.

Also, no, to my knowledge it has never yet been revealed for certain who his mother is.

They did reveal who the mother is. This was revealed at the end of Rogue war in Flash 225. Owen's mother is Mealoni Thawne.

Onslaught

Comment

Mealoni Thawne, huh? related to Eobard, no doubt. I'll have to check out Rogue War. Sounds cool just by the title!

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                        Really, you should all read the novelization of Kingdom Come, it fleshes the whole story out, and it was written by Mark Waid. It's all based off his and Alex Ross' work.
                        I wouldn't correct something as picayune as to say it was Elliot S. Maggin, not Waid -- except that Maggin's work is exceptional, especially when it's a Superman novel. I wish the forthcoming movie novelization were written by Maggin instead of Wolfman.

Comment

darn it, i knew it looked wrong when i wrote it, oh well.

Either way i greatly enjoyed it, and i knew whoever wrote it, Maggin being it as i found my copy of hte book again, worked closely wiht waid and ross for the novel.

Comment

Rogue war was an awsome arc. Its the culmination of everything Geoff Johns did in his entire run on Flash. I highly recommend reading the whole run. Though to understand Rogue War you should get the Blitz tradepaperback. Then Flash 201-225. All those issues tie in to the main storyline. The main Rogue War storyline runs from issue 220-225. I think it starts with 220. Could be 219.

I got into DC comics hardcore with Identity Crisis. From there I started collecting Flash with 214. Then the Superman books. I like Flash the most!

Onslaught

Comment

Hmpfff this place isn't a DC FAQ for us newbie a discussion thread about various suggestion of comic books storyline.

Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                                Actually Kara isn't stronger. According to the latest issues of Batman/Superman, and Supergirl, and SUperman, Clark has been way more powerful all along, he was just being nice, and giving her the benefit of the doubt, and not trying to hurt her.
                                Don't forget Valor (formerly Mon-El). He had no weakness to lead to stop him like Kryptonite does Supes, and there were times in the comics they admited he was a small bit more powerful than Superman.

Not sure how they are righting him in the stories now. You know?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎