SUPERMAN Comics FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG, it was the Kingdom, and had Clark and Diana's son, Jon, as basically an all powerful god, who controlled hypertime.

Read as, HORRIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
      BG, it was the Kingdom, and had Clark and Diana's son, Jon, as basically an all powerful god, who controlled hypertime.

Read as, HORRIBLE!
      Ugh. Glad I missed it.

Comment

whats with all the GL fans on here? lol (no offence, just thought it was weird)

Comment

Originally posted by ducky
          whats with all the GL fans on here? lol (no offence, just thought it was weird)
          What's with all the NON-GL fans on here? I think THAT'S weird.

In all seriousness... It's because Green Lantern's the shiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            What's with all the NON-GL fans on here? I think THAT'S weird.

In all seriousness... It's because Green Lantern's the shiz.
            i like Kyle actually. I like the idea of a young guy who didnt want to me a superhero then he gets thrown into the role of a Green Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky
              I kinda hate that. I liked it back in the 90s. Only one story line going at a time. Now each time I pick up a new Superman comic I gotta remember what happened in that title last month...
              Should be easier to take now. Just cancel all but the main two Superman titles, Superman and Action Comics. Those two, although doing different storylines, generally stay pretty close to one another.

But if you do, you'll be missing out on Superman/Batman, which (except for a few hiccups, and the stellar Up, Up, and Away storyline in the main titles) has been fairly consistently the best S-man title for the past couple of years.

However you look at it, though, I'm loving most of the new direction DC is taking. I'm a fanboy from long ago. I started reading comics in the early eighties, and read all the older issues I could get my hands on back through the fifties. I actually get pretty pumped when I hear that a Crisis is coming, or old villains that haven't been used in years are being re-introduced but with the more modern writing styles. Which means I LOVE all this interweaving of the titles. Gives me a little shiver when I see a character from one book show up in another, and still be in character and seem like the same person. ;-) What can I say... geekdom rules, and it's good to be exactly my age when it comes to comics these days. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mvblacnyte
                Should be easier to take now. Just cancel all but the main two Superman titles, Superman and Action Comics. Those two, although doing different storylines, generally stay pretty close to one another.

But if you do, you'll be missing out on Superman/Batman, which (except for a few hiccups, and the stellar Up, Up, and Away storyline in the main titles) has been fairly consistently the best S-man title for the past couple of years.

However you look at it, though, I'm loving most of the new direction DC is taking. I'm a fanboy from long ago. I started reading comics in the early eighties, and read all the older issues I could get my hands on back through the fifties. I actually get pretty pumped when I hear that a Crisis is coming, or old villains that haven't been used in years are being re-introduced but with the more modern writing styles. Which means I LOVE all this interweaving of the titles. Gives me a little shiver when I see a character from one book show up in another, and still be in character and seem like the same person. ;-) What can I say... geekdom rules, and it's good to be exactly my age when it comes to comics these days. LOL
                lol im crazy, i get all the superman titles. but yah superman/batman is my fav. i love everything with batman. except batman comics. lol he is so much better in small doses
                i started in the late 80s, stopped in 96 and just restarted in 06

Comment

question:

i have action comics annual 9 from 1997 and action comics annual 10 from 2007. there was nothing in between?

Comment

I'm a long time Superman fan in general, but never collected the comics. So, for better or for worse, I am only familair with basic comic plots and the different media intepretations of the Superman mythos, as well as some googling (and confusion).

I'm just curious. Does the current continuity go with the Man of Steel revamp? I've heard so many origins now that my head is going to pop. The reason I ask is I'm a little uneasy because I really really like the revamp as it made much more sense to me. If they revert or have reverted back prior to that revamp, I think I may pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonshayde
                      I'm a long time Superman fan in general, but never collected the comics. So, for better or for worse, I am only familair with basic comic plots and the different media intepretations of the Superman mythos, as well as some googling (and confusion).

I'm just curious. Does the current continuity go with the Man of Steel revamp? I've heard so many origins now that my head is going to pop. The reason I ask is I'm a little uneasy because I really really like the revamp as it made much more sense to me. If they revert or have reverted back prior to that revamp, I think I may pass.
                      Well, I haven't posted in a long while, but I saw a question I thought I might be able to answer.

The Man of Steel revamp is no more. During Infinite Crisis, the multiverse was recreated, but by the end, all the Earths had collapsed into one "New Earth", with a slightly different history than the old one. Things are very similar to Man of Steel, with some elements of the Silver Age Superman thrown in. I don't know all the details... I don't think they've been revealed yet. I've heard whisperings saying that anything that has ever been in continuity is fair game to be revealed as currently in continuity, but those are unconfirmed as far as I know.

And, currently, there are 52 alternate universes in the newly created multiverse... which is a totally different multiverse than was created during Infinite Crisis. Oh, and "New Earth" is supposedly NOT one of those universes, but rather the hub that holds them all together, the center of the multiverse.

Confused yet?

Honestly, while I like that we have a multiverse again, I wish they'd just let Alex Luthor's plans half succeed, and recreated the original multiverse. It's less limiting, and although there are more possibe Earths out there, I think it's less confusing.

Don't fret, though... allegedly, it's all going to be explained by the end of Countdown and Final Crisis.

Allegedly.

Comment

How many Countdowns are there? Sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                          How many Countdowns are there? Sheesh...
                          well you have countdown which was renamed countdown to final crisis, there is countdown arena, countdown to adventure, countdown to mystery and countdown presents the search for ray palmer.

i think thats it.

Comment

Before all of those, there was Countdown to Infinite Crisis too.

They should just go ahead and give Countdown its own monthly title, since they're always counting down to something.

Comment

I was wondering if someone could tell me, when is the Final Crisis supposed to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus
                                I was wondering if someone could tell me, when is the Final Crisis supposed to start?
                                My guess would be, in Countdown to Final Crisis #1. (which would be the last issue.)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎