Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss the Upcoming FLASH DVD!

Since the FLASH is coming out on DVD discuss it here.

Including discussion of the season itself.

Have the DVD. Some hits, some misses, but ultimately it's a fun show in the tradition of 'Lois and Clark.' The tone is an even mix of Batman (89) and Dick Tracy. I really enjoy a number of the episodes, especially the ones with Captain Cold, The Trickster, and The Ghost.

Comment

I wrote a really long post in this thread but it got deleted.

Long story short, this was a great show that could have gotten better had it had the chance. It was ahead of its time and had a great actor playing Barry Allen. Danny Bilson and Paul De Meo did some great stuff with the Flash.

Coupled with Lois & Clark, I'd consider this one of the best and most faithful (sorry, Smallville) adaptations of any superhero ever. It saddens me that we'll likely never see shows like this for a long, long while.

Comment

I loved the show when it first aired. I was very excited when it came out on DVD. There were several episodes I don't think I saw like the one with Pollocks and even the trickster ones. I think they eeither changed the time or took it off where I was living at the time right after the one where Tina goes bad; although I didn't remember the future one either.

It really was ended well before it's time.

Comment

Does anyone know what the special features are?

Comment

There are no special features on The Flash DVD. That was one of my complaints. To make it worse, the picture has not been cleaned up at all, and ranges from very good quality picture to blurry, grainy, and poor (usually shots involving special effects).

This set was basically WB saying, "You want the show on DVD so bad? Here." I mean, even if only lasted one season, that's 22 episodes of hard work.

Comment

I still haven't got my hands on the DVD but I have plans to get it.

Comment

This was a great show and I saw most of the episodes when it originally aired. I just recently got done watching all of the DVD. Yes, it was unfortunate indeed that this show got cancelled. The Flash is one of my favorite superheros easily!

Comment

Having seen each episode now, I can say it was ahead of its time. It has elements from all superhero shows that succeeded it.

- Features a time-travelling episode where Flash is flung ten years into the future; a future where his enemy is mayor of Central City.
                  - Features an episode with a clone of Barry, named Pollux, who questions the nature of his existence (the episode "Twin Streaks" is arguably one of the best episodes from the show and is far better than your average "main character is cloned"-themed show)
                  - Features Tina McGee, the brainy side and constant aide to Barry, and has a "just a friend but maybe a love interest" role. Hmm, wonder where we've seen that relationship before?
                  - Features a life-like cyborg (built with the purpose to kill) episode.
                  - Features a laughing, maniacal and homocidal villain (Trickster) with a love-struck sidekick (named Prank) whose affections are constantly rejected by the Trickster.

All of those are elements from Lois & Clark, Smallville, and even Batman: The Animated Series - but The Flash, having been made in 1990, precedes them all. So if you pop in the DVDs and go, "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I've seen that before", keep in mind that this is where it all started.
                  Last edited by j03superbat; 03-22-2006, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I'm simply waiting for the price to go down... once it his 18 bucks like SV 1, 2 and L&C 1 did I'll buy it.

However, I have to say that the characters in The Flash tv show were perfect! It had a great character development, and was very faithful to the feel of the comic. Unfortunately the storylines were a little weak at times and the special effects were atrocious.

But that costume was the best EVER in any series!

Comment

i just got it
                      it is pretty good considering it was made 16 years ago
                      i have only watched the first 3 episodes though
                      i dont know much about the flash but so far id like to see barry and the girl from star labs date

Comment

I haven't got it yet but I do remember that it was a really great show ..to bad there is no extra features though.

Comment

Hmm...so this is the morgue *looks around*...scary..

anyways..I will have to get this dvd for my hubby...he will like it , he likes the Flash..and I didnt know it was out on dvd. See I did find something out coming in here.

Comment

Question. Anyone else have trouble with the first episode screwing up a little bit at the end? Mine gets a little messed up and I was wondering if it was just me or if all the DVD sets have that problem do to the original film having problems or something.

I really love this show. I watched it when I was little,but had mostly forgotten it except the costume. Fun to see it again now. Shipp was great as Barry Allen/Flash and the rest of the cast was fun to watch as well. Really shares the storytelling feel and atmosphere of Lois and Clark(or reverse that ). Would have been great to see the show continue and the characters develope more.

Comment

Wow, this must be a long dead topic . Just in case anyone else is interested I discoverd an answer to my question. You can call Warner Bros. DVD and have them replace the first disc if your having the same problem I was. Makes me kind of nervous though. You have to ship them your defective disc before they replace it. I guess I'll see how smoothly that works out.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎