No announcement yet.

Notice anything different this time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice anything different this time?

Now that we're a good way into the season, did you catch anything new in 'Arrival'? New questions, new answers? Clues to future events? Insights in events past?

Post 'em here.

A couple of things did occur to me watching the back-to-back episodes. For instance, if Lana gave Clark the rock b/c "I know its meant for you", why has she never mentioned it since, or inquired what he did with it? And isn't that a pretty cyptic statement to make without any follow-up?

Also, how can the spaceship, and the aliens that emerged, be a big secret when there were dozens of cops at the scene, as well as a helicopter that was blown up? How does this reconcile with Clark not knowing about the spaceship, since Lana flat-out told him about it in Arrival?

Comment

One thing I caught that was a lot clearer with the ep's back to back -

Before the shower, Lex sees Clark with the Key. Clark lamely tries to hide it, and Lex tries to act like he wasn't intensely interested, but he saw it and knew that Clark had it.

Later, after lark zapps off to the FOS, Lex finds the Key. He knows that Clark was there, even if he doesn't understand what happened. Moments later, the two Kryptonians a taking it from him.

Later, when Clark returns to Smallville, Lex asks him point blank - "If you're my friend, tell me the truth. Were you in the caves?" Clark then does the classic manuever of lying through his teeth.

I think that at this point, in Lex's mind, their friendship really is over. For him, it ends.

Comment

A little something I noticed was:

It seemed to me that Pa Kent knows more then he is letting on to Clark. I think back a bit to the "deal" or whatever it was that was between him and Jor-El. I can't seem to get my head around it just yet, but it seemed to me that maybe there is more going on there. I looked at JK's character a little different this time around then the first time I watched it.
        He seemed to me, while he was giving Clark his pep talk, that he knew what Clark should do, and up until then he hadn't been ready to let him go.

I know that sounds crazy, but that's what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          Also, how can the spaceship, and the aliens that emerged, be a big secret when there were dozens of cops at the scene, as well as a helicopter that was blown up? How does this reconcile with Clark not knowing about the spaceship, since Lana flat-out told him about it in Arrival?
          When Lana told Clark about the ship, I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. I know Smallville's infamous for continuity errors, but they've really be doing a better job this year. Is he suppose to have forgotten by the time Splinter rolled around? That just blew me away.

Comment

A lot of people complained the previous episode at the ending when Clark told Lana, "No more secrets, no more lies." And at that point, Lana could've asked Clark anything, it appeared she didn't, but one thing I caught was I think she did. Out of everything she could've said, 'Can I ask you something, do you believe in life on other planets?' What significance is it if Clark did or didn't? I think it's Lana's own way of confirming if Clark was an alien, without making it too blunt and obvious. She obviously caught something when Lional said, 'there poisen is their own home' remembering how she saw the meteor rocks in China gaurding the stones and the way she frowns and looks at Clark when he reacted to the meteor rocks is the same way she looked at the Kryptonians when they got weak going into Lex's vault. She almost gasped when she saw their reactions, as if something made sense to her. So Lana asking Clark if he believed in aliens is like.. asking if he is one only in a very very discret way, without having him know she's suspicous. I swore when she mentioned the spaceship, she said it was "amazing" and the way she looked at Clark, it was as if she was calling him amazing. Lana knows more than she's leading on, just wait for Mortal, when those bad guys come for Clark, she directly asked Clark what they were, not asking the bad guys. And when Tommy Lee was saying something about, "If the stories I hear about you in Belle Reeve are real" pay attention to Lana and how she's curiously frowing while listening. I don't know.. but everything, especially Splinter ties up to this whole "I somehow knew these stones were meant for you" ordeal, and maybe soon enough the [spoiler] "What if a ship came down in the first meteor shower and whoever was in it has been here with us, this entire time." quote will make more sense because there's more meaning to those lines.
            Last edited by smallville_fetish; 12-18-2005, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              A couple of things did occur to me watching the back-to-back episodes. For instance, if Lana gave Clark the rock b/c "I know its meant for you", why has she never mentioned it since, or inquired what he did with it? And isn't that a pretty cyptic statement to make without any follow-up?

that is very true but also what about him ever going back to the fortress to continue his kryptonian edu in future episodes because he'll need to gain his freeze breath & learn 2 fly

Comment

Originally posted by smallville_fetish
                [spoiler] "What if a ship came down in the first meteor shower and whoever was in it has been here with us, this entire time." quote will make more sense because there's more meaning to those lines. [/B]
                Will someone seriously say that? Or were you just saying an example?

Comment

Originally posted by goldylocks_k
                  Will someone seriously say that? Or were you just saying an example?
                  In a recent trailer, Lana says this to Clark in the barn.

Comment

*Post Deleted*
                    Last edited by king razer; 04-14-2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I though that too but it didn't bother me that much.

Comment

Originally posted by MyOwnSuperhero
                        One thing I caught that was a lot clearer with the ep's back to back -

Before the shower, Lex sees Clark with the Key. Clark lamely tries to hide it, and Lex tries to act like he wasn't intensely interested, but he saw it and knew that Clark had it.

Later, after lark zapps off to the FOS, Lex finds the Key. He knows that Clark was there, even if he doesn't understand what happened. Moments later, the two Kryptonians a taking it from him.

Later, when Clark returns to Smallville, Lex asks him point blank - "If you're my friend, tell me the truth. Were you in the caves?" Clark then does the classic manuever of lying through his teeth.

I think that at this point, in Lex's mind, their friendship really is over. For him, it ends.
                        Not to mention the rage he must be feeling knowing that Clark was the one who stole the stone from him as a friend, something he hadn't shown interest in before and knew Lex had looked for and wanted. I know Clark had to, but if the other person didn't know why and only saw lies, they'd be upset and rightfully so.

Comment

Yeah the "somehow I know this (crazy stone that I just bloody killed that ginger bint with) was meant for you" still drives me crazy.

King of all continuity cock ups or what

Comment

Lionel's Hair cut UGLY! too poofy! Clark's lame lies, i could think up better ones:

Lex talking to Clark in Farm Home, Clark Replies:
                            "Why did something happen to her? How's Chloe? Is she alright did she make it?"

"Did you find her? Where could she have gone? She isn't in the Hospital?"

I guess clarck can't make a casual face when lying.

Comment

Also I did notice the black ship is different in Commencement than it was in Arrival.

There are clear lines going down the ship as the camera pans up when Lana is looking at it. Then the lines are gone in all the episodes after that, and its just smooth with next to no marks on it. (check thirst)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎