No announcement yet.

missile silos in smalllville yeah right

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missile silos in smalllville yeah right

why the hell are the missiles/misslie silos in smallville.

Umm, a lot of empty space...?

Comment

Why shouldn't there be silos in Smallville?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. E
        Why shouldn't there be silos in Smallville?
        Exactly. I think in the real world, a lot of silos were scattered across the midwestern states - low property values, not too many people to worry about being hurt in case of a sneak attack trying to wipe out the silos, easier to secure [except of course when the head of the whole operation develops a meteor freak obsession.]

For the record, my theory is that Gabriel's father had set up a whole nuclear-strike-on-Smallville-to-wipe-out-the-freaks contingency plan. Then once he discovered he was himself a freak, he asked Gabriel to execute the plan after executing him.

Comment

During the Cold war the United States needed to build enough missile silos to compete woth the number of silos in the Soviet Union. In the midwest there is a ton of open land at low property value like Jlvsclrk said.

Comment

There was an entire smallville book that revolved around a missle silo in Kansas that existed for the same reason, though this one was shut down, essentially.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Comment

Yeah, I still doubt that they would have like 15 missile silos in or around one little Kansas town...seems like a little much...

Comment

Wait a sec I thought the missles werelocated "around" Smallville? Oh well. maybe I am missing something it's on again tonight so I'll just wait and see.

Comment

There are still hundred of operational missile silos located from Montana southward in the Middle Western states. We had 18 Titan II silos here in Arkansas (not too far from Kansas by the way) which looks just like the missile that was launched in this episode. The 17 remaining missiles were removed after one exploded in it's silo in May 1980 at Damascus, Arkansas.

Comment

across the heart lands of america there are lots of missle silos, there were introduced in 1962 they were called dual solo routines, they were also built in Utah Ohio etc.

i know this and im english

Comment

Jackson Heights High School (40 minutes north of Topeka) is built on top of an old missile silo.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎