Veronica Mars In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed... then we could talk about how stupid the review was... and pick apart the merits of the writers arguments...

For now I guess we are just stuck talking about how amazing the show is... even with all its critical acclaim.

Comment

I would love to pounce on a bad review of VM, but alas i doubt ye shall find one. It would be easy to pick apart especially if they bad-mouth V -KB- good article BTW.

Comment

Thanks... I keep finding these great articles... as soon as I find a bad review I'll let you pounce away and protect your Kristen.

Comment

thanks again YQ22, you know I would protect V/ KB in a heartbeat, but really thanks for looking for these little articles on VM, very cool of you to do so.
          this little neptunesite group would really flip out on a bad review of VM, I would not want to miss that day's discussion.
          Last edited by DesVMars; 07-10-2005, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Me Neither... I HEART Veronica Mars. Why does everyone feel like it is necessary to say "I HEART..."? Especially if they didn't like the movie... sorry brain went into la la land.

Comment

Well I dont say "I heart" for anything, ok "I heart KB" hahaha

Comment

Still, I am sure that Rob Thomas would trade in some good reviews for some more ratings.

Comment

I don't know... I think he's kind of proud of being a loved by the critics... even if not by the ratings... something to be said for it. And he hasn't had to ever worry about ratings dropping. (Said with a whole lot of sarcastic glee!) As Rob Thomas has send in several interviews... "I've never done a commercially successful show. I'll have 'Critical Darling, Commercial Flop' on my tombstone." There is something to be said for that. I think commercial success is great... but I think to be a favorite with the critics and a cult fan base following has some prestige.

Comment

very Joss Whedonesque, is he, may the force be with VM and RT.

Comment

Yes... I do love my critical darlings... oh Joss Whedon... oh Rob Thomas... sometimes it doesn't pay to be smart and have witty dialogue... but at least when it isn't paying they know I'm on their side.

Comment

well if a show is a stinker, i will say so regardless if I like the creator, take firefly, to me that sucked, and fox axed Dark Angel for it, bad move there. IMO

Comment

Did you watch the Firefly DVD set or only when it aired on TV?

The reason I ask is that when aired on TV they started with the worst episode of them all... and not even the pilot. Then they aired them all out of order... and they didn't air some of the best episodes. The show is sooooooooooo much better when watched on DVD in the proper order with no missing episodes. That being said... I really like Firefly... not as much as Buffy or VM... but it had a lot of potential. Here's hoping the movie is really good.

However... I agree with you... I don't like something because of its creator. But liking the creators previous work will certainly get me too tune in... the show has to get me to keep tuning in. But so far Joss Whedon has never let me down... so I ain't jumping ship anytime soon.

So not VM related... hmmm... well I've never seen anything else Rob Thomas has done... unless it was something I didn't know... like an episode of Dawson's Creek... so I'll have to wait to judge on him beyond VM.

Comment

i only watched it on TV, i did not like it so I would not watch the DVD's, its cool that you did and again i hate when fans loose out, but I lost Dark Angel so I was not exactly in a great mood, hope serenity is good for you, but aint my cup of tea.

Comment

I understand. If you ever feel like giving it another chance... go for the DVD and watch it in order... or watch it when Sci Fi reairs it complete and in order. I expect great things from the movie... and am even more excited because I got to see them working on it in post-production.

As for Dark Angel... I kept watching random episodes... which I always liked.. but was slightly confused by... because I missed large chunks of episodes... so I never knew what I was watching or what was happening.

At least we both love VM.

Comment

Veronica Mars & Nancy Drew

Article recently published about the facination with the character of Nancy Drew discuses the modern Nancy Drew by looking at recent TV shows like Alias and Veronica Mars. Here is an exerpt:

The most recent addition to the clue crew is Veronica Mars (search), the star character on the WB's new series of the same name. Seventeen-year-old Veronica works with her dad, a private investigator, trying to uncover the dark secrets of her town.

"'Veronica Mars' is in some ways the cultural offspring of Nancy Drew," said Syracuse University pop culture expert Robert Thompson.

Like Nancy, Veronica has no mother and a father who likes to spoil her. She also has Nancy's trademark blond locks and good looks.

But Mars, who is caught up in fashion, gossip and boys, doesn't have Drew's squeaky-clean image (Mars doesn't hesitate to throw in a cuss word or a comment about hickeys; the closest Nancy came to vulgarity was the occasional "jeepers!")

For the most part, the female detective has become "much more hard-boiled and sexual than Nancy Drew," said Thompson.

But even in a new millennium, there is something about Nancy herself. Many women admire her combination of guts and a non-complaining attitude.

"She's got the grace of a socialite mixed with the prowess of a tomboy as she attends swanky country club dances and eats at tearooms, yet can climb fences, chase after suspects and change a flat tire with the best of them," said Fisher.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎