No announcement yet.

Episode 1.11: Silence of the Lamb

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.11: Silence of the Lamb

The episode is aptly titled... because Sherrif Lamb is finally put to silence... or put back into place. And of course the title is a spoof on the popular film/book. It's great watching Keith revel in his own superiority in this episode... without really rubbing it in anyone's face... well perhaps once and a while in Sherrif Lamb's face.

This episode also marks the introduction of Deputy Leo... our fantasy male... cop by day, rock and roll bad ass by night... and regular hottie. Veronica pulls her usual stunts... using people and playing them off one another to get what she wants. In this episode she is more aware of herself doing it... making her slightly less likable... and perhaps making the show more likeable.

The underlying plot-line of Mac being switched at birth seems a little heavy handed... although it does lead to the wonderfully funny scene of Wallace, Mac and Veronica showing up at Madison's door. Just the faces of the three of them alone is sufficiently hillarious... and then comes their rouse of confusion dumb blonde Madison.

Certainly not one of my favorite episodes of the season BUT sufficiently up to snuff.

Best Quotes:
    Jackson: I hear you do detective stuff for people.
    Veronica: I do favors for friends.
    Jackson: I can pay.
    Veronica: Sit down, friend. What can I do for you?
    Lamb: Is your daddy here, or is he busy peeking in people's windows?
    Veronica: You stop dressing up like Little Bo Peep, he'll stop peeking.
    Jackson: I don't care what they say about you, Veronica Mars. You rock.
    Veronica: Yes, I do. I also take cash.
    Mac: With your sleuth prowess and my
    programming skills, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we would rule the entire known universe.
    Lamb: Strappin' on a guitar. Does it get rid of feelings of inadequacy?
    Gabe: Does strappin' on a gun?
    Veronica Voiceover: Oh my, Deputy Leo. You might as well leave me a key and a map.
    Madison: What are you doing here?
    Wallace: I came to celebrate your birth, but these two just wanna hook up.
    Veronica: So what made you decide to be a cop?
    Leo: Oh, well, the same old
    tired story. I was sent here by the agency to do a strip-o-gram for
    Inga, an armed robbery call came in, I figured I was in uniform anyway,
    so what the hell.
    Veronica: So you're saying you just kind of stumbled into it.
    Leo: Uh, what I'm trying to say is, this uniform, it's a tear-away.
    Veronica Voiceover: Same old story. Girl uses boy. Girl falls for boy. Boy saves girl's dad's life. Girl gets what she deserves.

I love the scene with Mac and her little sister. And you can totally tell she was adopted. lol.

Comment

It's almost a little ridiculous how much Mac looks like her biological sister and mother.... you almost expect Madison to get a clue and figure out what is going on. But Madison is sufficiently absorbed in her own selfish world that she really has no idea.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎