Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone NOT like the way that the Santa was potrayed as drunk and suicidal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
    Could It have been a ruse by St. Nick? You know pretend to be suicidal and drunk to find a person who sacrifices his "Christ"mas to help those unfortunate?
    I sincerely hope so. I don't know if the real Santa would go out and get drunk just to make a point to society about the true meaning of christmas.... then again maybe the eggnog was just going down a little bit too easy on christmas eve

Comment

Obviously, Santa was distraught that people disrespect the holiday and each other. I can even understand that. I was appalled that the writers had Clark Kent behave completely OOC by lying to get into a girl's bed and, well, there was no good reason for that but the writers are a capricious lot.

Perhaps it was a ruse. Maybe Santa thinks Clark needs to atone for his earlier horrific mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
        I can even understand that. I was appalled that the writers had Clark Kent behave completely OOC by lying to get into a girl's bed and, well, there was no good reason for that but the writers are a capricious lot.

Comment

Could It have been a ruse by St. Nick? You know pretend to be suicidal and drunk to find a person who sacrifices his "Christ"mas to help those unfortunate?
          I agree entierly. I would moreso say that he knew about Clark and set this whole fake drunk thing up specifically for him (I mean he is Santa) just to see if CK was legit. Well, CK turned out to be legit and Santa showed his true colors.

Comment

Re: Did anyone NOT like the way that the Santa was potrayed as drunk and suicidal?

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1
            I was watching "Lexmas" and when Clark saw Santa I first thought this is gonna be really cute introduction to each other! What I first saw surprised and partly horrorfied me!

A Santa Claus that is DRUNK AND SUICIDAL!

I just sat there thinking "Oh my gosh! This is horrible!"

Some kids that watch this show, still believe in Santa, now they see him as a drunken guy who once wanted to kill himself?

My horror continued to Santa saying "All they do is take, take, take and b****, b****, b**** "

SANTA DOESN'T USE FOUL LANGUAGE!!!

My loving memory of my childhood was of a cheery, polite, good natured Santa Claus that spread Christmas cheer and gave hope to all people. So this kinda made me a little angry.

After they got over the "I'm gonna kill myself thing" and got into real conversation about how the meaning of Christmas, giving the toys and helping people, I REALLY liked THAT Santa Claus!

What does everyone else think?
            Yeah, I didn't like that either. I think they could've cut that whole thing and just showed more of Kal-El delivering gifts. Or maybe just have Santa acting more like Santa then have Santa see Kal-El doing these good deeds and ask him if he could help deliver gifts around the world. I can just imagine Clark's facial expression to hearing that he would have to deliver a world supply of gifts.
            Last edited by Son of Kal-El20; 12-10-2005, 10:15 PM.

Comment

This was my impression of the whole thing.
              Santa Claus bascially knows all. So he would know Clark was Different, and probably wasn't a concidence that he was on the Rooftop of that house.

Maybe he was acting Drunk/Suicidal to Test Clarks goodness :P

Comment

or maybe some shape shifter changed into santa to trick clark into thinking even santa is giving up on the world itr would make sence if it was brainiac in disguise with his antiworld additude and the super presents grab. okay yah i am tired so thats all i can think of

Comment

Santa being portrayed as a drunk and suicidal depressant is just the opposite as how we see that jolly ol St. Nick isn't it? But I'm not bothered because it's like he's JFK, Martin L. King or any of our American idols and icons. Even with those guys, we've seen their bad light, and those are realistic figures that people admire. As for Santa, they could've shown him getting hit by a bus for all I care, that old fart never gave me anything for Christmas even when I blackmailed him. Well I don't know if any kids were watching Smallville, if there were I wouldn't be happy with Santa's foul language either. But he did seem to cheer up too quickly when Clark said he was delivering gifts, one minute he's saying the Christmas spirit is dead, five seconds later in the same sentence he's all jolly again. He's probably bi-polar if you ask me.

Comment

I laughed at how corny it all was =D

Comment

Santa Stinks

Clark should have let him hit the ground.

Comment

I am with Warriorrenegade.....Merry Lexmas all!!!

Comment

Maybe it was really Jor-El, Clark Kent (Kal-El's father) to challenger him again with another one of his test's...

Comment

Santa_Claus <- for those of you who think Santa Clause doesn't exist in DC Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1
                              Some kids that watch this show, still believe in Santa, now they see him as a drunken guy who once wanted to kill himself?
                              I just have to ask.. Why would kids, young enough to believe in Santa, watch Smallville..? I doubt, there's anything interesting for them on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El A.K.A AKIRA
                                This is for everyone who is complaining about how Santa was portrayed in Smallville and did not like it.

Personally I thought it was pretty funny. (Thats just my sense of humor) But if you listen to what he was saying it all made sense. You are looking at someone who is the physical embodiment of Christmas. I'm only 26 and when I was a child Christmas was something magical something special. Where it wasn't about the latest ipod, xbox, playstation,plasma tv or random deficit increasing gift under the tree. It was about family and being around them on this joyful holiday. Receiving something materialistic was just an added bonus. This Santa was just expressing the fact this was all gone and that it would take more than him to fix this. (and he wasn't refering to some super-powered being helping him out) he was talking about the average joe believing in the true meaning of Christmas not standing in line at Best Buy ready to cut somebodies throat because they got the last of the latest gadget doohickie (yes I said doohickie). So for all of you who did not favor this version of Santa maybe you should look at yourselves and how society has changed Christmas.

For those who enjoy fan fics check out
                                "DESTINY FULFILLED" & "DESTINY OVER LEGACY: DESTINY FULFILLED II" (work in progress)
                                +1.

Christmas is dying so it makes sense Santa would be depressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎