No announcement yet.

Meg/Duncan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg/Duncan

Didn't get something. If Duncan and Meg were together last Spring, then she should have been really showing by the time school started again in September (the bus crash happened in the Fall), I was shocked to see how far along she is by December!

Comments?

I don't know.. RT said in the interview that they had her in the coma so long cause they wanted her to be nice and ripe (aka her belly really big) when Veronica found out about the pregnancy.

Moving this thread...

Comment

Kind of curious as to who put her in the position. It's possible she could have been involved with someone else.

Comment

Yeah... maybe she thought it was Duncan when it was really someone else

Comment

i think maybe she was with duncan but still was with someone else. maybe she was raped at a party like veronica thought happened to her. she coulda been drinking b/c she was upset about duncan

Comment

Veronica said they broke up like the last day of school. Which was probably early-mid june. So if Meg got pregnant at the end of May, in September she would be like 4 or 5 months pregnant. and December would be 7 or 8 months. So..

Comment

Just want to remind everyone to keep Speculation in the the Spoilers and Speculation thread. Though I think to a degree we're free to discuss it here.

Just want to be safe since I really don't want us to fall into Spoiler terms.

Comment

This isn't so much on Meg & Duncan, but did anyone else notice that in s1's "Like A Virgin", Meg's sister was definitely NOT the choirgirl she's made out to be in s2?

So, what happened to change her so much? Was it Meg's pregnancy? I mean, with innocent Meg getting knocked up, did Lizzie see the same for her own future?
                Last edited by BlancheDuBois; 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
                  This isn't so much on Meg & Duncan, but did anyone else notice that in s1's "Like A Virgin", Meg's sister was definitely NOT the choirgirl she's made out to be in s2?

So, what happened to change her so much? Was it Meg's pregnancy? I mean, with innocent Meg getting knocked up, did Lizzie see the same for her own future?
                  It was probably the Mannings. They were religious nutballs. That probably had something to do with the way she changed. Or else it was a Smallville-esque continuity error.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                    It was probably the Mannings. They were religious nutballs. That probably had something to do with the way she changed. Or else it was a Smallville-esque continuity error.
                    But she was raised in the religious nutball house. For her to be fully embracing the fun that is sluttiness, then a year later to be so very meek and humble and willing to help, well, that's just weird.

I can't even see Meg's hospitalization after the bus crash being the cause of her change, unless she's rationalizing it as "wow, if the good people get punished like this, then the bad people must REALLY get punished!"

I dunno. Just doesn't ring true for me.

Comment

Ok. I got it figured out now. The reason Lizzie seems so repressed at the hospital (in 2.04) is that she's wearing the uniform for her NEW school. Looks like what used to be worn (and may still be common) at the Catholic schools. When we see her later in that episode bringing Meg's secret laptop to Duncan, she's much less conservatively dressed. She's more like the Lizzie of season one. The uniform is the disguise.

Comment

I wondered about that too, when I rewatched season 1. That is a good theory, the Catholic thing. I think maybe they had not come up with the idea yet that the Mannings would be so extreme, or else they wouldn't have had Lizzie look like that.

As for Meg/Duncan, I liked them together. It kept Duncan away so the V was free to be with Logan, and they were cute. If they had stayed together, things would have been oh so different...

And about her not showing by the beginning of school, I knew a girl in high school who war pregnant and didn't start showing until she was like 7 months along because she was so tiny. When you are young and thin, you might not put on the weight right away.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder...if Meg knew she was pregnant, why would she try out for cheerleading and let herself be picked as head cheerleader? She should have known that she would eventually have to quit, and she should have been worried that she might be found out sooner by being in the public eye more.

One more thing I've been wondering about...if Meg had to take a drug test, why didn't it come back telling the school she was pregnant? I'm sure schools want to check girls for that too, if only to protect themselves from potential lawsuits.

Comment

I liked Meg and Duncan together, too, but Duncan didn't like it, and if I were Meg, upon seeing Duncan's reaction at seeing Logan & Veronica together, I'd have dropped him. And fast.

And now I'm REALLY going to bed.
                          Last edited by BlancheDuBois; 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM. Reason: Doofishness?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎