Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlark in "Lexmas"! Talk about it here!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there was any evidence that they have a romantic relationship. I am sure that there are many friends who shop for Christmas trees together and it's not just a couple thing. And Clark said he isn't ready for commit to anyone. But I do agree that the Chlark shippers got what they want while the Clana shippers got what they wanted too. And the Lexana shippers were given a treat as well. I think many people were satisfied with this episode, ship wise.

Comment

I hate the whole Idea of Chlark

Comment

If they're that tight of friends, so much the better. Let's get the lust out of the way and make a REAL relationship based on "friends first." The Chlark looked awesome to me

When Lana said to Lex something to the effect of their going to "The Kents" I was immediately wondering which "Kents" she spoke of. Next thing we see is Clark and Chloe.....I'm screaming "yeah...The Kents!!!!! Clark & Chloe Kent!!!" Well, maybe not, but it was a great moment.

Chloe looked fabulous throughout, but especially hot when she was talking to Clark about the disappearance of Santa. That BDA should have been kissing her right at that moment. What does he do? Finds Lana instead....some aliens will never learn!

BTW...thanks to server overload again I could not post right after the ep. I had lots to say, I guess I'll have to get in late on all the threads over the next few days....but I thought this was a great ep!!!

Comment

Believe it or not, I liked the Lexana. Better than Clana anyways.

I saw Chlark! I defitinitly think they were together. They were more together than they are now, and it was Chlark! So, I'll take what I get.

Also, I think Clark meant he wasn't ready to get married or anything. Not dating.

Comment

I don't understand why Clark saying that it was "your" Christmas tree to Chloe that it would indicate that they weren't together. Not all couples live together.

Having said that, it wasn't much of a future Chlark. The reason I don't think it happened was because since this was a TV show TPTB would have wanted to make it obvious that they were together in the future. Even if it was just a slight comment. Like Clark saying "I migt not be ready for commitment yet like you were Lex, but I am getting there with Chloe" and then moved on. But since they didn't, it made me think that it wasn't happening.

~katie~

Comment

Originally posted by pixiedust
              I don't think it was indicating that Clark and Chloe were together at all because of the "your' tree comment and Clark's comment about not committing. As for him helping her pick up the tree, why wouldn't she ask her big strong guy friend to help her get her tree to her house if she's a single girl?

I didn't see anything different in real Clark and Chloe and dream Clark and Chloe. They were just acting in both cases like the best friends that they are.

If we are supposed to infer that Chloe and Clark are together in Lex's dream of the future, I think it's a pretty sad commentary on the state of their relationship.

Clark admits to Lex that he may never be ready (to committ). We know Chloe has loved Clark since the Pilot episode. This is approximately 12 years in the future.

As a Chlarker, do you want Chloe and Clark to be together so badly that you don't care how he treats her feelings as long as they are together? What self respecting woman would wait that long for a guy who says he may never be ready to make that sort of committment? And even if he didn't say that out loud to her, I think after that long I would expect some sort of declartion and committment if I were her. Doesn't Chloe deserve that?

If I were a Chlarker, I wouldn't want to say I saw any Chlarkiness in future Clark and Chloe because it isn't a very healthy relationship from my point of view. In that light, she is getting more of what I have seen Chloe fans claim for a long time--the shaft.

Actually they never actually said Chloe still worked at The Planet. They didn't even imply it really; though she possibly could have, they didn't address that. All they said about Chloe's career was she was about to become a published author.

Plus Clark told Lex on the porch that he hadn't found the right person yet, so if he's supposed to be involved with Chloe that sure was a diss on her

Comment

Now, onto Clark, Chloe & Lana –

I loved how Clark was willing to give up his time with Lana to help Chloe. He didn’t ask what first – he sped to her aide and then asked. I LOVED how he played Santa. I thought that was very funny. Now, I can tell all the little kids I know that Santa is really a Kryptonian. That’s how he can do so much in so little of time. It’s really him that flies, not the reindeer. LOL! I liked the “It’s a Wonderful Life” theme this show had.

I didn’t fail to notice the comment Clark made to Lana when she put the (gingerbread guy?) on top of the tree. He is still lost into his obsession with her being ‘perfect’.

Chloe doesn’t spend Christmas with her dad, her uncle or her cousin, Lois? Is she really that alone? Yet, she was selfless, willing to spend her time doing something for someone else. Yes, she was also doing it to further her career, but why not? It’s the only thing she has. Lana has Clark, Lois has her dad and Chloe is all alone. But, maybe she’s not as alone as we all think. During the Christmas party at the Kent’s I noticed something. Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe not. But, Lana spent her time catering, while Chloe and Clark spent their time huddled in the corner together, regaling the evening. Yes, I know they had to talk about Claus – but that could have waited for another time or done in another setting. Maybe it’s just the Chlarker in me grasping at any straw – but I found it interesting. Also, why was Lana wearing a black sleeveless shirt on Christmas Eve – when it is clearly freezing outside? I found that odd. Black usually insinuates being evil, having the desire to be invisible or having a cold heart. They could have at least put her in a red or green – make her more cheerful – but black?

Comment

Plus Clark told Lex on the porch that he hadn't found the right person yet,
                  That isn't what he said. Watch it again. Lex asked why Clana didn't work out and Clark answers back that Lex became the kind of man that Lana could love and he offered Lana something Clark wasn't ready to offer and might never be ready to. I wish I had the transcript. It was ambiguous what Clark was talking about. It could have been honesty. It could have been intimacy. But, I took it as marriage and commitment and I know a lot of other people took it that way as well.

In the comics, for a long time, Clark Kent told Lois that he couldn't get married b/c his role as Superman prevented him from being able to commit. The Donner movies originally were going to play on this theme more heavily with Jorel telling Clark that he couldn't commit to Lois b/c he belonged to the world and his destiny and devotion had to be to the world first.
                  Last edited by ms.c.; 12-09-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                    Plus Clark told Lex on the porch that he hadn't found the right person yet, so if he's supposed to be involved with Chloe that sure was a diss on her
                    If someone sais, that they haven´t found the right one yet, than that is an offence to the person they are currently involved with, cos it implies that that person is just a filler, someone to help the not ne alone. I don´t want that for Chloe! She deserves more than that, especially from Clark!
                    Before the episode took place and due to the spoilers I thought that there would be some serious Chlark going on, kissing under the mistletoe, him telling her how much he loves her and that she is future etc.... But this is a cop-out!
                    What the fans got, wasn´t Chlark, it was something in between at the most! Maybe Clark is getting there, but they certainly are not involved that way! They are just the best of friends, and maybe a tad more, in some kind of gray zone! And frankly if this the TPTB`s idea of a Chlark, then they don´t know how a couple in love looks like!
                    What they showed were two friends who feel realy comfortable around each other, enough so, that they can hug, cudle etc.
                    I mean never have they kissed, not even once!
                    Now, I am not a particular Chlarker, if I want Chlark to happen it is cos I want Chloe to finaly have a nice boyfriend, and Clark, with all his faults, would be the best boyfriend to have! Good-looking, smart, well most of the times, kind etc...
                    Anyway, so if I were a die-hard Chlarker like some of other fans are, I would have feelt cheeted and thus a tad bit angry, much like fans of Cordy/Angel were at Joss´constant attempts of giving them those little tidbits of Angel/Cordy ship only to yank it away from them!

Comment

That isn't what he said. Watch the episode again.

Comment

"
                        Plus Clark told Lex on the porch that he hadn't found the right person yet"
                        Nope, this was not said...

ms.c. has it right, ages passed between Lois and Clark in the comics or video versions before they ever married, maybe generations, so a passage of a few years between Chloe and Clark is nothing, besides, no one knows how much time passed at the end of Clark's relationship with Lana before he and Chloe got really close. They were a couple last night.

If one was looking for lots of clear romantic affection last night between Chloe and Clark it didn't happen, the episode was about Lex and Lana.

And Nois was nowhere to be seen. Helped make it a good episode.

Comment

Once again we try to ascribe of what we KNOW as FACT to what we WANT from our favorites!!

I myself could not draw any "Continuity of Visible Concrete Evidence" that marriage or boyfriend/girlfriend or friend status was implied with CHLARK!

But this is Lex's dream from his perspective as the writers TRIED to portray not ours.

Comment

If Clark and Chloe were in a relationship, it was so little that I didn't care.

That's something though-we can't even tell if they were or not. What does that say?

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                              If Clark and Chloe were in a relationship, it was so little that I didn't care.

That's something though-we can't even tell if they were or not. What does that say?

It may imply, as the writers have suggested, that Lex may consider LITTLE IF NONE AT ALL of Clark and Chloe as HEAVY INTO EACH OTHER as we may have wanted. Seeing, this is Lex's dream he could invent or create any dialog and scene he wanted from his subconscious.

Comment

And I love the idea of Chlark because they fit so well and have more chemistry than Clark and Lana and, most importantly they're friends first. And I do think there was a clear indication they were a couple.

My husband of many years sometimes refers to things I care deeply about as "your" whatever. That is in no way any kind of evidence. THe touching as they went through the lot and the fact that getting a tree is a very couply thing to do does indeed imply that.

And, as said above, Clark never said anything of the sort; he never said he hadn't found the right person AT ALL. He was referring first to Lana and saying he hadn't been ready to make that kind of committment to Lana and I took that to mean marriage and kids. He then said maybe he never would and really, you must remember this is Lex's dream/vision/whatever you want to call it and his focus on Clark and Chloe, in fact on everything was limited to his own viewpoint.

Everybody was patting him on the back, giving him humanitarian awards, telling him he always wants to go overboard for his family and saying he's just the best guy evah; it was quite self serving. It's always been Lex who has the committment fear, (Re:Helen) and I think he may have ascribed that to Clark when it's definitely been him who felt that way in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎