Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlark in "Lexmas"! Talk about it here!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, Clark did not say he hadn't found the right person yet. I'm not sure why this error continues to be perpetuated but that was NOT the dialogue stated.

Comment

• What did he say then, cause I seem to remember him saying that to Lex on the porch.

Anyone got an ACCURATE transcript of this episode?

Comment

• Here's what was said on the porch:

CLARK: And, Lex, you offered her something I didn't.

LEX: What held you back, Clark? I mean, I know you love her. [Clark gives Lex a puzzled look] loved her.

CLARK: I don't know. I guess I just wasn't ready, Lex. Maybe I never will be.

Originally posted by CK&CK The one thing that hinted at it the most was Clark putting his arm around her as they were walking away from Lex. Although it honestly can't be considered hard evidence ( and I don't claim it to be), it seemed very out of character for Clark.......I mean....have you ever seen him do that with Chloe?[/B]
        He's done it twice, as far as I can remember. In "Heat", Clark puts his arm around Chloe when they were walking down the hallway on the first day of school. He also put his arm around her in "Gone", when they were leaving the warehouse after rescuing Chloe.
        Last edited by Kryptonian Snake; 12-21-2005, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Also, Chloe was Clark's first kiss, an impressionable one BOTH REMEMBER!

As each recollected on separate occassions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kryptonian Snake
            Here's what was said on the porch:

CLARK: And, Lex, you offered her something I didn't.

LEX: What held you back, Clark? I mean, I know you love her. [Clark gives Lex a puzzled look] loved her.

CLARK: I don't know. I guess I just wasn't ready, Lex. Maybe I never will be.

He's done it twice, as far as I can remember. In "Heat", Clark puts his arm around Chloe when they were walking down the hallway on the first day of school. He also put his arm around her in "Gone", when they were leaving the warehouse after rescuing Chloe.
            Thanks for putting everyone straight as to what Clark actually said to Lex. To Many people were seeing just bad things because of what Clark said.....when in fact.....all he's saying is that he's not ready.......nothing wrong with that.

Thanks also for mentioning Heat & Gone. I kept wondering if Clark had done it.......in the back of my mind I thought it might have happened somewhere, and that if it had.....it was probably some significant moment. In Heat, if I remember correctly, he hadn't seen her in months......and in Gone.......well......she was back from dead.....I'd say those were pretty significant moments. So that kind of hints towards something significant in "Lexmas" but as I have continued to state.....it's nothing absolutely conclusive. It does bother me though that some people can just dismiss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CK&CK
              Thanks for putting everyone straight as to what Clark actually said to Lex. To Many people were seeing just bad things because of what Clark said.....when in fact.....all he's saying is that he's not ready.......nothing wrong with that.

Thanks also for mentioning Heat & Gone. I kept wondering if Clark had done it.......in the back of my mind I thought it might have happened somewhere, and that if it had.....it was probably some significant moment. In Heat, if I remember correctly, he hadn't seen her in months......and in Gone.......well......she was back from dead.....I'd say those were pretty significant moments. So that kind of hints towards something significant in "Lexmas" but as I have continued to state.....it's nothing absolutely conclusive. It does bother me though that some people can just dismiss it.

In all those instances---HEAT, GONE & LEXMAS----of Clark's gesturing hand around Chloe, on thing can said if not overlooked and mentioned:

It is the writer's CONTINUITY of those past episodes, reflected in LEXMAS! They must have discussed this, to retain this small continuity"gesture of care/affection/concern", take your pick, but Clark's hand around Chloe's waist is always evident in those episodes.

And another subtle meaning MAY be applied:

"Clark's ever present love and concern for his Best Friend---Chloe".

Comment

• No, there's not. And Clark could be refering to several things, but remember, this is Lex's dream and from his viewpoint he has to justify taking a girl Clark always claimed to love away and still remaining friends with Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by margroks
                  No, there's not. And Clark could be refering to several things, but remember, this is Lex's dream and from his viewpoint he has to justify taking a girl Clark always claimed to love away and still remaining friends with Clark.

Yes seeing that may be true as this is Lex dream and his intrepretation of his own desires.

Chlark in this episode could not be ignored as the writers intended to portray them----to be there for each other WHEN NEEDED!!

Comment

• Originally posted by No-El
                    Yes seeing that may be true as this is Lex dream and his intrepretation of his own desires.

Chlark in this episode could not be ignored as the writers intended to portray them----to be there for each other WHEN NEEDED!!
                    I agree with it. I see them in a strong relationship. I just got the "best friends" vibe when I saw them. I think that is just wonderful. I guess I said it before and I repeat it here: Isn't it wonderfull that the girl who was his best friend in HighSchool is still his best friends after all those years? How many people are still friends with his old highschool friends? Not many, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by liana
                      I agree with it. I see them in a strong relationship. I just got the "best friends" vibe when I saw them. I think that is just wonderful. I guess I said it before and I repeat it here: Isn't it wonderfull that the girl who was his best friend in HighSchool is still his best friends after all those years? How many people are still friends with his old highschool friends? Not many, I'm sure.

Yes!! Yes!

BEAUTIFULLY PUT INDEED!!

"A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED"

Comment

• Originally posted by umm
                        If someone sais, that they havenīt found the right one yet, than that is an offence to the person they are currently involved with, cos it implies that that person is just a filler, someone to help the not ne alone. I donīt want that for Chloe! She deserves more than that, especially from Clark!
                        Before the episode took place and due to the spoilers I thought that there would be some serious Chlark going on, kissing under the mistletoe, him telling her how much he loves her and that she is future etc.... But this is a cop-out!
                        What the fans got, wasnīt Chlark, it was something in between at the most! Maybe Clark is getting there, but they certainly are not involved that way! They are just the best of friends, and maybe a tad more, in some kind of gray zone! And frankly if this the TPTB`s idea of a Chlark, then they donīt know how a couple in love looks like!
                        What they showed were two friends who feel realy comfortable around each other, enough so, that they can hug, cudle etc.
                        I mean never have they kissed, not even once!
                        Now, I am not a particular Chlarker, if I want Chlark to happen it is cos I want Chloe to finaly have a nice boyfriend, and Clark, with all his faults, would be the best boyfriend to have! Good-looking, smart, well most of the times, kind etc...
                        Anyway, so if I were a die-hard Chlarker like some of other fans are, I would have feelt cheeted and thus a tad bit angry, much like fans of Cordy/Angel were at Jossīconstant attempts of giving them those little tidbits of Angel/Cordy ship only to yank it away from them!
                        Okay, I have to say that Angel Cordy ship sunk before it ever left port. That was a BAD idea from giddy up. Glad it never went anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by All about Clark
                          Even though I'm fine with either way, friends or a couple; I would have to believe that if they (Clark and Chloe) became a couple (say S6) then it would solidify Chloe dying for Lois to be his future wife.Chloe has a greater change of survival if she stays his friend. On the flip side, I'd rather she die than go mental.
                          LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎