Collapse
No announcement yet.

YellowQueen22's VM Fan Fiction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be new posting soon... since exams will be done by 8pm tonight.

Comment

That's good.. and it's also good you are done with exams!

Comment

Looking forward to more, Queen.

Comment

Finally... a new chapter...

Chapter Four – The Buzz

The school was a buzz with news of the return of Cassandra Gold. The prodigal daughter of Neptune had returned to Neptune High just in time to graduate with many of her contemporaries. Snickers were made in the hallways as to why she was completing high school a year late and back here in Neptune. Classrooms were electrified with gossip of her glamorous life outside of Neptune. Dark murmurs echoed in the bathrooms regarding Cassandra’s mysterious late night departure from Neptune. Everyone in Neptune High was discussing the disappearance of the Gold family and the mysterious reappearance of Cassandra Gold two and half years later.

Veronica Mars stormed into the bathroom, which doubled as her office of late. She was curious about Cassandra’s return, but more than that, she was frustrated and overwhelmed with the rush of feelings and memories that overtook her by simply seeing Cassandra again. The bathroom was empty and Veronica plunged into the last stall. She closed the lid of the toilet and sat cross legged, trying to clear her head.

As far back as Veronica could remember, Cassandra reigned as the Queen of the Neptune youth. She ruled with an unexplainable individuality and glamorous aura. No one could describe her as kind or overly generous, but she was not cruel or mean-spirited like her popular counterparts. Her rule was marked by the awe she inspired and the way she could stop a room with merely her entrance. Cassandra was also one of the few that got away with being popular and socializing with whomever she pleased. In her days of glory she was known to sing with the Drama geeks at lunch, sit in the computer lab playing games after school, host beach parties with live bands, ride on the back of a motorcycle along the PCH, or read quietly by her pool.

The only person consistently by Cassandra’s side was Logan Echolls. The two ruled the school together. Many thought that Logan played the role of King to Cassandra’s Queen. In reality, Logan was more like the Court Jester or trusted confidant. The school reveled in shock when Logan began dating Lilly Kane, and not Cassandra. Immediately after the revelation, the masses began linking Duncan to Cassandra, assuming that if Cassandra wasn’t with Logan, then she must be with the other boy often by her side. But that theory was blown out of the water when Duncan began dating Veronica.

In the year or so before Cassandra’s disappearance and Lilly’s death, Cassandra became more elusive. There was no question that she was still Queen of Neptune, but she no longer had her sidekicks, and she was forced to rule alone. The foursome didn’t intentionally push Cassandra away. But between Logan’s infatuation with Lilly, Lilly’s extreme jealousy of Cassandra, and Duncan’s puppy dog love for Veronica, Cassandra had been left by the wayside.

Veronica vividly remembered the morning the Gold family’s departure had been discovered. It was a rare rainy day in the summer before Lilly’s death. It was early in the morning and Veronica awoke to a rapid pounding on her second floor bedroom window. Veronica awoke in shock. No one had used the tree beside her bedroom window to sneak into her room before and certainly no one had ever pounded on her bedroom window in the early hours of the morning before. Awkwardly perched on the branch outside her window sat a drenched Logan. Veronica’s heart rose into her throat and she couldn’t breath. She was sure something bad had happened to Lilly.

Veronica opened the window and the soaking Logan fell through the window landing on top of her. She felt his wet body pressed against her, she surprisingly wasn’t embarrassed, all she could feel was dread. Logan, slightly incoherent, sobbed “Dee” repeatedly into Veronica’s stomach. The tension in Veronica’s body melted away, Duncan and Lilly were fine; and then Veronica was overtaken with a wash of guilt, something bad happened to Cassandra.

Veronica sat up and finally Logan lifted his head, “she didn’t answer my phone calls yesterday… she never answered. I went over this morning… I was gonna annoy her… wake her up really early… force her to go swimming in the ocean or something. I knocked on the window… but she didn’t start yelling at me. I peered into the room and things were thrown about and knocked over. Then I noticed that the front door was open. I ran into the house, screaming her name. The whole house looked like her room, things were in shambles and stuff was missing. I went to her room and found her closet empty. I sat on her bed… I couldn’t think straight. I laid down on her empty pillow and felt something digging into my head. It was our bracelet… you know… the engraved one?”

Logan pulled a necklace from underneath his soaking shirt. There was a silver ring attached to the necklace. Veronica held the ring in her hands, noticing the small engraving on the inside of the ring, which read “so be it”. Veronica let go of the ring, vaguely remember a similar bracelet often worn by Cassandra, and confused by the whole situation. Logan continued, “attached to the bracelet was a note. It just said ‘sorry I couldn’t say goodbye.’ That was it. She’s gone.” Veronica didn’t know what to say, she just held Logan in her lap and stroked his damp hair. When Logan finally fell asleep Veronica covered him in blankets and rubbed his wet hair dry. She called Duncan and told him to come over as soon as possible.

Veronica remembered that day so vividly, not only did it foreshadow the pain she would soon have to face, but it also marked a change in Logan. Logan’s sarcastic wit turned from good natured jokester to vicious prankster. Where he once found Lilly’s cruelty and playfulness amusing, he began resenting her. He stopped really talking to Veronica or Duncan about anything real. It was as if Logan stopped trusting people, as if he wanted to stop caring.

Veronica was abruptly brought back to the present by the chatter of a group of girls. “Well I heard her family picked up and left town because she was pregnant,” said Madison Sinclair with obvious venom in her voice.
          “Pregnant????” questioned Gia, “Who was the father???”
          “Maybe Duncan, he seems to be good at impregnating the girls of Neptune. Guess that means Veronica is next, like she needs anything to make her more trashy.” spitted out Madison.
          “Or Logan… Cassandra was always with Logan… and Lilly hated her,” said a high pitched girlish voice.
          “Could have been Casey… they were always hot and heavy,” said another of Madison’s followers.
          Veronica slammed open the stall door, “or maybe it was a divine impregnation and Cassandra gave birth to the second coming of Jesus.” Veronica pushed past the girls, into the hallway, walking directly into Cassandra. Cassandra just smiled at her for a moment, a slight glint of mischief in her eyes, “glad to see you’ve finally let some of that spunk out.”

Comment

I really like it YQ22... good job!

I really like it YQ22... good job!
            Last edited by LaineSV11; 01-08-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Can I say hooked!!!!

Comment

It's Great YQ22! Can't wait for the next installment.

Comment

Awesome, I loved it YQ22! I can't wait for the next chapter.

Comment

Thanks again for the praise. I'll try to update you with a new chapter very soon!

Comment

I'm trying, for your sake YQ22, to be patient...but I can't help thinking that a new chapter or two might make this whole waiting for new eppys thing more bearable...

Comment

Really Good!!!!
                        Cant wait for the next chapter!!

Comment

So far so good... all be waiting to read the next chapter.

Comment

Thanks for the praise... I almost forgot about this fanfiction... I guess I should finish it sometime in the near future.

Comment

Hope you do. I like this story.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎