No announcement yet.

Help with UPN/ affiliate issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with UPN/ affiliate issues

OK, not sure if this is where I should post this but no where else looked good, so I'm just gonna throw this out here

My parents are too cheap to get basic cable (oy, the problems this has caused me!) and so I can't get UPN on my bunny eared TV very good. There's tons of static. I can make out the picture, and there's no audio problem, but it gets more than a little frustrating, especially when it obscures clues.

Strangely enough, my parents do have satellite, so I figured, there must be a UPN satellite channel.

So I had my parents call up and according to my provider (Skyvision, if that makes any difference whatsoever, but I also have NPS or something like that) UPN satellite is a free channel, but they don't keep records of free channels, so we're basically on our own.

So, I searched the internet and got no where fast.

So, basically, the question is, do any of you guys out there get UPN via satellite and watch VM that way? Is it a free channel? What channel is it, if so? And if it isn't free, what's the channel anyway, and maybe I can get my satellite provider to hook us up with it?

If you guys need more info to help me out, I'll supply it lickitysplit.

Thank you guys soooooooooooooo much.

LoVe 4eva!!!

Wow... your problem seems very frustrating. I'm really not sure. I watch UPN through digital cable... but there must be some VM fans watching it through satellite.

You might want to send an email to UPN and ask them about your problem.

Comment

I just did that, but since they don't have a technical help category on their Contacts section, I had to send it to general comments, and I'm not sure what good that's gonna do me. We'll see.

Still, of course, any help from you guys is much obliged!!!

Comment

I have DirecTV and a satellite dish but I just watch VM on UPN 20...don't know if that helps :/

Comment

I don't have Direct TV so, that didn't really help

Comment

well, we lost cable recently and it was ch. 14 on ours and it was free. I don't know if it's thesame thing u have though.

Comment

All I know is that the channel for my satellite box thingy has to be letter(s) and the number(s). For example, GO16 is TVLand for me.

Comment

Post #2 of 7

Wow... your problem seems very frustrating. I'm really not sure. I watch UPN through digital cable... but there must be some VM fans watching it through satellite.
                Like me.

Comment

I dont have satellite television but i did find this. It shows the free channel linup for skyvision. Hope this will helps some.

Good Luck. I hope one of these are helpful.
                  Last edited by Neptune Nut; 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Edit: There's some strange Toys for Tots thing on it. So....I'm not sure if it's UPN or not. Does anyone get it on T5-16 like that last link mentioned?
                    Last edited by BackupLoVe75; 11-23-2005, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I live in the UK - We don't get UPN.

I have my ways though.

Comment

No downloading talk or allusions please =)

You guys are awesome with the helpfulness though!!!

BackupLoVe75, have you thought about contacting UPN itself to ask how you can view its local affiliate?

The sad reality is that 5 states in the US don't get UPN at all. You may just be in one of those states. But asking your satellite or cable provider to carry it and especially letting UPN know that there is a market for it in your area could get you an affiliate eventually, and is really good for the show itself.

There is a LiveJournal community for Veronica Mars related campaigns. Would you like the link? I bet you could post on there to see if anyone in your area would like to start some kind of phone or write-in campaign for these purposes.

Hope some of that helped!

Comment

There's a UPN station in my state (RI) in Providence, I live in East Providence, so I don't know why it comes in soooo bad for me (one of life's mysteries). I've contacted UPN about my problem and have yet to receive a reply. And after having my mom call up both of our satellite providers, we found out that they don't carry them/don't keep of track of it because it's a "free" channel or some bs. Anywho, I'd love the link, and I'm saving up to buy a really good new antenna for my set (hopefully the extra juice will bring in a better signal).

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPenny
                            No downloading talk or allusions please =)
                            I would never...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎