Veronica Mars Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha i forgot she was a hostess... why hasn't she been working at the Hut in the past few episodes? she still needs some money...

Comment

I've changed the purpose of this thread to be for posting your episode and general show questions so that other users can answer them. Have fun!

Comment

Is there such a website as prying eyez? I googled it and came up with pretty much nothing and then typed www.pryingeyez.com into my browser but it led me straight to the UPN site.

Comment

Which means that UPN purchased the domain name and specifically leads viewers to its own VM website when they try to go to that domain name. Often times movie & TV productions will create fictional domain names, purchase them and then use them for publicity purposes for the TV show or movie.

Comment

So, I've spent a lot of time looking around and I love this site. It is new to me VM is not I was addicted immediately-which actually is not common for me. I've missed most of season 2 because of it's ever changing schedule and mine, I know season 1 almost by heart...For the life of me cannot figure out what PCH stands for and why they are called the PCHers. The O'Niners was explained to a tee and being as addicted as I am I should know this. Please help me! I have some amusing theories(I'll spare you all).

Comment

^ I'll back you up there, they never mentioned why they were called PCH'ers. I can only assume it stands for pacific coast ... something maybe highway

Comment

Ok so I feel a little better not knowing. And I kinda thought "Pacific Coast Highway"-So, does that refer to where the bikers live then?

Thank you for helping me know I am not alone in my confusion!
                Have a good night all!
                Last edited by HRTVALWAYS; 05-04-2006, 12:19 AM.

Comment

It does indeed refer to "Pacific Coast Highway". The PCH is a local highway that runs along the coast of California, including the stretch from Los Angeles to San Diego (where Neptune is suppose to be located). The PCH switches back and forth between being a local small highway to being a local road that serves as a main drag for many small beach towns. The way they always reference the "PCHers" implies that Weevil and his bikers have claimed the PCH in Neptune as their territory or at least that the PCH is their favorite place to ride.

Comment

Thanks Queen, I guess it's not like a huge mystery I just was always puzzled by the nickname.

Comment

ok thanks YQ , that clears a lot of things up.

Comment

So I lost track of my post like the brain dead mom-nesiac I am. I asked this before and sorry to re-ask....What the heck is "CW" is that cable? Is season three going to be on cable? If so I will have to get my fix via others, not good. Let me know, thanks!

Comment

Sorry if the question wasn't answered before...

Starting next season The WB and UPN are merging to create "The CW network" - This means that shows from both networks will appear on "The CW" but, due to the fact that there will be less slots available, a lot of shows will be dropped.

Basically, as far as I'm aware, if you can get The WB and/or UPN you should be able to get "The CW network".

They'll be releasing their program schedules on May 18th. Hopefully Veronica Mars will be on it.

Comment

A clarification if I might, although I am not a mod here: just because you have access to UPN and WB in your local market does NOT mean you'll have access to CW. Case in point: Cincinnati, where I live.

The station that has UPN right now has chosen to disassociate itself from all networks, and will be runnign local programming, movies, and some independent syndicatd shows from here on out.

The station that has WB right now is choosing to to go some new network that Fox is starting up.

Neither will have CW

CHannel 12, which is the CBS affiliate, is going to carry C on an all-digital subchannel that you will onyl get if you have a TV capable of getting their digital signal, or if you have digital cable, which is fairly expensive.

In the article I read about this, I am hearing that CW is specifically seeking all-digital markets, which will sharply limit their exposure. Not sure why anyone would so this, but that's what I heard.

a relevant link:

Comment

Thanks TJ, as I said in my post "as far as Im aware" I wasn't sure on anything... Thanks for clearing it up though.

Comment

Sure, no problem. I was just adding my local two bits. Not like anyone outside the broadcast industry monitors all the markets. I only worry about being able to see it here......right now, having to ponder buying a digital TV vs paying more for cable

I hope most UPN markets currently enjoying VM are not screwed like Cincinnati is - even assuming VM makes it onto the CW schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎