Lionel plays three notes on the piano

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangler???

Comment

It may be John Williams' Superman theme.

Which is 3 notes, deh dun duh!
      Superman!
      BDA!

-cs™

Comment

Randommmm

maybe he was bored?

Comment

Originally posted by sstray72
          I was hoping that a secret door would open, leading to the Batcave. Seriously, I was.

NOW that wouldve been sweet!
          funny bro

Comment

Oh great Lex is Batman!

The Bald Knight Returns!

*cues Danny Elfman music*

-cs™

Comment

Originally posted by CLS
              Oh great Lex is Batman!
              Ahhh so that's why Lex wanted me to tell all my friends about him.

Comment

The thing about film is that they dont show you something unintentionally..the sets and scenes are planned out and set up, if it was just JG fiddling, then it would have been cut out becuase it would have no significant value, (I was in media communications for 2 years in highschool so i know what im talking about) Braniac 13's explination makes the most sense

Originally posted by Brainiac_13
                I'm still chuckling over this.

3 blind mice: The two disciples of Zod and "Brainiac"?

Attempt to free Zod by force, first by coercing or getting rid of Clark, second by literally going after the farmer's wife.

They get their tails cut off.

The kyrptonians Nam-Ek, Ayerth(i cant remember her name), and Braniac are all blind to the human race and thought that he would turn against them and help them free Zod, but when he didnt they went after his mother (the farmers wife) Martha and metaphorically had their tails cut off..... Great writing by the writers on this episode for that reference!!!!

p.s. Lionel is still Jor-El just becuase he knew about braniac after he was on earth for about 5 months and he hasnt been able to catch clark using his powers for 5 years!!!!
                Last edited by JRoe85; 11-19-2005, 02:25 AM.

Comment

I think jor-El is still in lionel. what happened to lionel isn't the same thing that happen to dr. walden. Dr. Walden was hit by the information in the cave and Lionel was activated by the crystal making him an oracle of kryptonian knowledge and a kryptonian vessel for Jor-El to enter like he explained in episode 5-03. I feel that he can still control him when he wants to.

Comment

I thought it was basically saying "Su per man" like how the Superman movies had three notes that essentially seemed to make that sound.

Comment

It sounded like three blind mice to me as well

Comment

Maybe it wasn't really a specific tune at all? Maybe it represented Lionel's inability to control his son. Lionel is so used to controlling everything. Now, his son has gone too far, and he can't control anything anymore. The only thing he can control is three random keys on a piano? Just a thought.

Comment

Maybe a hint that Lionel isn't really himself, he knew how to play the piano before, and how did he know about Fine?

Comment

The three notes were B, A, G (unless my pitching is off). Just a descending scale, which means Lionel probably hit a random key and then just went on to hit the next two on the left. I find the "Three Blind Mice" connection to be tenuous at best. Let's not read too much into things; this isn't some kind of literature lesson.

I did think he was going to activate some kind of secret room, though, the way he was staring straight ahead past the camera when he tapped those keys.

Comment

thought that three notes was the ending of John Williams score :P

Comment

I like the theory of "Three Blind Mice", but inconsistancy was that the farmer's wife didn't retaliate like the nursery rhyme suggests "who cut off their tail with a carving knife". It was Clark, as far as we know that ended the disease that Martha had.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎