Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel plays three notes on the piano

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I saw all of this. Jor-el used Lionel and entered his body to save his son and then left, but by doing this, the information is still there and Lionel is aware of it. He is still doing good because of Clark in Transference. Lionel was frustrated with his son because he can't seem to reach him. Lionel is using all of his old nasty ways to make good. He played Three Blind Mice as a reference to how everyone is blind and running around aimless. Simple as that.

Comment

I'm with you All about Clark.

Comment

If it was Three Blind Mice, it could have all sorts of cool connotations.

Comment

all about clark, I don't agree. If he is suppose to be good from Transference then why was he trying to get all of the crystals. don't tell me he was collecting them so that he could give it to Clark.

Comment

A good person doesn't necessary hand something over to someone else not knowing why. He forgot about Clark and his powers and not knowing the stones were for him. He seemed to be trying to keep the wrong people/wrong motives from getting the stones, that's it. Besides, he even admitted the stones weren't going to make his life any better. If he remembered anything, he would have given the stone to Clark, so he didn't remember.

But now after Jor-el, he's armed with alot of information and can do the right thing. But his old nasty ways are all he knows.

Comment

Last episode, we got a sort of insight back into Lionel's character, (because we really haven't seen him for a while.) I believe that Lionel returned to his earlier personality for the following reasons...
              1. When he told Chloe of Dr. Fine, He seemed to have ulterior motives. Besides that, he could very well have just have told her in order to generate an insight on the mystery that is Professor Milton Fine.
              2. In Lexmas, we saw Lionel acting like his old self (not in vision, but in reality.) And, when Lex had the near-death vision, he saw Lionel returning to his old ways. Remember that there are several weeks difference between episodes. Anyway, Lex probably saw his father in the several weeks, and just a guess, but he probably knows his father best.
              So, to know Lionel, we had to take a look into the psyche that is Lex Luthor, and understand his philosophy of his father. THEN we can see who his father is and/ or has been.
              Please, keep in mind that this concludes very little at the moment. Jor-El very well could just drop in on occasion, (from time to time) to check up on Kal-El. Or, Jor-El could very well be a very good actor. I just... somehow doubt that Jor-El could be that eager to spy on his son, as to deliberately possess someone for a LONG period of time. When he did possess him, he had reason and Kal-El was dying. That is all. (For now)

Comment

LOL, I was wondering about that.

I don't know much music, but I was like what's he playing?!

Comment

I finally got to see Solitude (on the repeat) last night and one of the things that made me sit up was that scene.
                  It made me flash back to the early Seasons when Lionel would be playing the piano and Lex would come in and they would talk (read: argue). Back then Lionel would play operettas and the like. This time it was 3 notes (was it 3 Blind Mice? If so that was a cute reference back to the days when Lionel was blind! ). I figured it had been done intentionally to demostrate the difference between Lionel then and Lionel now. Or to show that Lionel was "Jor-El" or something.

But probably all it was was John Glover plinking one of his Tony award winning songs or something and we are all reading too much into it!

Comment

Name that Tune! I can name it in three notes. Name that Tune! This is Smallville so

Expect the writers are throwing alot of Foreshadowing you have to read it.
                    Also that scene caught my eye was wondering what that was all about cause they could easily cut that scene short. since they didn't therefore it has meaning being both of them are blind and including Clark, etc...
                    Originally posted by gusgorman
                    It was definitely "3 Blind Mice." I think it was one of those SV inside jokes that they often do to see who's paying attention. Like when Clark and Aquaman talk about forming a Junior Lifeguard Association.

I do like the three blind mice as ... clark, fine and chloe. They were all blind to different plot points.

Oh and did anyone catch the Strangler reference. The Strangler was an old time Superman enemy.
                    What is Strangler?

Comment

was it Z-O-D?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍