Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alias

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* I miss my spy fam very much, but JJ says he hopes he can get the show back on track and more like what it used to be, in the next year. And really... it was never THAT complex. If you watch, you can follow. I hate how it got changed for some lame people who couldn't keep up.

Comment

thomasw,

Here are some of the reasons why I did not like season three all that much :

1) Dixon as the director. He was so much better as Sydney's partner.

2) Sloan acting like a changed man. I know that it was so that he could plan for something big. But I liked him so much better as a full fledged villan. The suspence that this offered was gone in season three.

3) I hated Lauren - Melissa George is so sexy in my opinion. But I hated her character Lauren in Alias. There are only a few TV couples I have ever shipped for - Lois and Clark, Mulder and Scully, and Sydney and Vaughn. They belong together, and I hated them being split apart.

4) Will being gone. You know what struck me as being funny? Will goes into the witness protection program. Then when he comes out for that one episode where he slept with Sydney, the people that he was hiding from know that he is alive. I don't understand why he just doesn't come back as an analyst for the CIA again.

Originally posted by thomasw
      On the plus side, it seems after the finale of season 3 that all of Jack's Rimbaldi-disinterest was really a cover; he might be the biggest Rimbaldi guy of all, and that should be awesome.
      Now that would kick ass. I love Jack when he is a shady character who seems like he has an alterior motive. Not evil to the extent of Sloan, but definately a guy living in the grey areas if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yeah, Will leaving sucked and it didn't make much sense, but I guess the actor wanted to move on? Him and Irena were great, I'd love to have them both back.

I had forgotten all about it, but Dixon as director did irk me a lot throughout season 3.

One thing I hope they clear up is the Covenant and how everything connects to Rimbaldi. There's a lot of confusion about what the Covenant actually is, what Rimbaldi's intentions were, how come Sydney is actually the Chosen One after all, etc. I just hope there really is a master plan that ties everything together and TPTB haven't just written themselves into a corner and are trying to tie things together any way they can (which I suspect they've done in making Sydney the chosen one when she has seen the mountain view. It was probably meant to be Irena, but Lena Olin left the show so they had to change it).

Comment

thomasw,

Do you ever think that maybe the episode Phase One aired too soon in the series? It featured both SD-6 being taken down and Sydney and Vaughn finally getting together. However, the two things that were really driving the show was the sexual tension between Sydney and Vaughn, and the will she, or won't she get caught this week factor of her being a double agent. Once SD-6 was taken down, it took away the unique aspect of the show and turned it into a regular spy thriller.

I often wonder if they had saved the events in Phase One for further down the road, if the third season of Alias would have turned out better.

It is funny, because Phase One is my favorite episode of the show. The ending with Francie being dead, and a doppleganger taking her place was fantastic. But I also feel that it was the episode that caused Alias to lose some of its appeal as well. I knew the episode would be special when it started out with Jennifer Garner modeling lingerie.

Comment

I love this show, and I hope that they can somehow bring it back to it's greatness, though I don't forsee that happening

Comment

her double agent thing is being brought back

she is suppose to be fired by CIA and joins a REAL black ops CIA unit with a surprise BOSS.

cant wait.
              Last edited by Piiike; 12-13-2004, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                thomasw,

Do you ever think that maybe the episode Phase One aired too soon in the series? It featured both SD-6 being taken down and Sydney and Vaughn finally getting together. However, the two things that were really driving the show was the sexual tension between Sydney and Vaughn, and the will she, or won't she get caught this week factor of her being a double agent. Once SD-6 was taken down, it took away the unique aspect of the show and turned it into a regular spy thriller.

I often wonder if they had saved the events in Phase One for further down the road, if the third season of Alias would have turned out better.

It is funny, because Phase One is my favorite episode of the show. The ending with Francie being dead, and a doppleganger taking her place was fantastic. But I also feel that it was the episode that caused Alias to lose some of its appeal as well. I knew the episode would be special when it started out with Jennifer Garner modeling lingerie.
                I think they realised this and so threw the whole "2 years passed and Vaugn is married" scenario. A lot of TV shows seem to think that the path to success is through romantic longing rather than actual romantic relationships (Joss was a big fan of that with Buffy/Angel and Malcolm/Inara from Firefly, and AlMiles are doing the same thing with Clark/Lana) and after establishing Alias as a show with the same longing they decided to fall back to that feeling instead of evolving it into showing an actual relationship.

Comment

Just saw it

a lil disappointed by the "secret" or whatever but i think its just a thread waiting to unravel

but i missed most of season 3 why does syd not like her sister that much?????????

Comment

Just finished watching the premiere. Wow. Great, absolutely great!

Comment

The premiere was definitely... intriguing. I'm not sure what to think. I didn't like the skanky stuff, but I suppose it's been par for the course for the past three seasons, so I shouldn't be all that surprised. The way they moved Vaughn's and Sydney's relationship along seemed way too fast for me, but it really wasn't all that unexpected. I'm REALLY interested to see what's going to happen with Nadia now that she's promised to avenge her mother's killer (though it did feel a lot like Harry Osborn's vendetta speech at the end of Spider-Man: the Movie), and to find out why Irina had contracted someone to kill Syd in the first place. I'm SO glad they brought the gang back together, though -- Jack, Sloane, Dixon, Marshall... it feels a little more like old times. I look forward to seeing where they go with all this new mess they just put the characters into.

As for the previous seasons... the first one was my favorite. There were so many interwoven and cool arcs to it -- Sydney's double agent status and her relationship with Vaughn; Will investigating Danny's death and the problems that caused for him; the mysterious circumstances around what happened to Irina... it was perfect! Season 2 was okay. I didn't really like the way it switched halfway through the season -- it felt so abrupt. Season 3 was definitely the worst of the three, though it did have some good moments, and set things up nicely for what's happening now. I still feel like I'm left hanging on what the Covenant was really about and who was behind it, though. That plotline really needed better resolution.

I agree with ya'll about Irina and Will. I miss them both a lot. Will was actually probably my favorite character on the show (well, maybe he was tied with Syd). I think I just, for some reason, always end up having my fave character on shows be the reporter that can't get the person they want (Chloe/Clark, Will/Syd). Irina added a whole new depth and flavor to Season 2, as well, and her absence during the third season was palpable, and now with her dead... I just feel like more could be done with her.

Oh well... I'm still tuned in, and am anxious to see where we get taken next on the whirlwind ride that is... "Alias!"

--Jeff ><>' --

Comment

OH! I missed the premiere last night! I wanted to start watching this show, and missed that episode! Does anybody know when/if they'll be reairing it?
                        I've been looking for a new show to watch lately. And I plan on buying the 1st three seasons on DVD.

Comment

Alias kinda blew it's wad on Season 1. It had like 4 Seasons of plot and character development in one season. It couldn't keep up that kind of pace.

As far as the premiere, I thought it planted some interesting seeds for the season. I definitely like Nadia better than Lauren.

This show really needs Will. Weiss is great but not the same.

And how many times are they going to try to trick us into thinking Jack Bristow is a bad guy? Seriously it's like every episode. They need to make him really bad just to so it's not so predictable.

Everytime they make him look bad he comes back two scenes later does something good and then somehow he gets proven to be acting in Sydney's best interests.

But it was a fairly solid premiere if not the same thing we've been seeing since the pilot. Better to stick with what works than fall flat on something new.

Comment

it did really well in ratings 16 mil for the 1st hour

14 for the second which is not bad considering it used to be 8 mil

Comment

I was sooo excited in the first 5 minutes when Sydney quit. I was hoping it would be time for some freelance action, for her to really get in and figure out who her real enemies were and what the whole deal with Rimbaldi was, perhaps with both the CIA and the Covenant against her.

But then it turns out what they were really doing is flicking a big old reset switch . I can understand how they want to get back to season 1 and rekindle the show's original feel and popularity, but it's both bitter and sweet.

I feel like they set up all these really big, great storylines early on and they keep falling short with them. We had a great setup with Irena, but then she left the show and somehow Sydney became the chosen one again (even though she saw the mountain). A great setup with the 2 year gap, but then it eventually became "she was undercover and learned a little bit more about Rimbaldi". A great setup with the files stating "Subject: Sydney Anne Bristow" dated on what I believe was her birth date and signed by her father (I thought it would be Project Christmas stuff) but then it just turns out all they did was tie off the hanging Irena thread.

It feels like they set up epic plots, then for whatever reasons they have to cut them back before the payoff. However if they can make this obvious reset work and pull the show back to its roots then that might make up for it. Bringing Nadia into the fold really interests me, I like her a lot better as an Irena replacement than I did the traitorous Aunt (and why did the Aunt and Irena both turn on Sydney? I hate that!).

Turning Weiss into a new Will is interesting (and weird). How identical is it when she's got the bank cover story again, he's her buddy hanging out at her house and clueless about what's really going on, etc. I thnk Weiss would ask a lot of questions though if Sydney, Vaughn, Jack, Dixon and Marshall all seemingly quit/whatever at the same time .

Comment

Hey Everyone! I just recently started watching Alias. And this weekend completed the 3rd Season on DVD. I haven't watched any of the 4th Season yet, because I didn't want to get ahead and spoil anything, and I accidentally missed the season premiere also. So, if anyone can catch me up on this season it would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to start watching the 4th Season tomorrow night.
                                Last edited by greenshady; 01-25-2005, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎