No announcement yet.

Even Clark was surprised

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Clark was surprised

Did anyone notice how when Clark was attacking his parents and Chloe shows up with kryptonite, when he superspeeds and smashes the door, he looks back and a look of astonishment and amazement overcomes him for a split second.

Normally, when he is around kryptonite, he can't use his powers or is too subdued and in pain to use them. When that same thing happened to the two kryptonians, the dude was able to grab the huge vault, thus exhibiting power. Clark did the same....

So then, being infected with silver K, does it give Clark more power, fueled by his paranoia? Even though he mentally completely breaks down, physically he may be more in touch with his subconscious powers, those fueled by his emotions, and love for lana.

just a thought. appreciate any input...

Maybe he's building up his tolerance.

Comment

I also notice that Clark only appears weak when he SEES the meteor rock. Like when he was in that classroom lecture and picked up his backpak and a meteor rock rolled out and THEN he started getting weak. How come he wasn't weak when he was near his backpak?

The incident with the 2 kryptonians where they were walking towards the vault filled with kryptonite that didn't light up bright neon green until they were there and then they started getting weak and backing away. (which maybe why maybe he could slammed that other metal thing to cover it) But wouldn't they get weak the second they were near the vault without having to see it then it light bright green? I know there's an explanation for all this..

Comment

yeh but the meteor rock in his backpak may not have actually been there... it was just his subconciuos playing trix on him

Comment

i think that clark doesnt get physically stronger but mentally in a sense... he is so paranoid that he is able to gather all of his energy into one big speed boost enough to get far enough away from the K.

Comment

I have to say, this bothered me. in other epsidoes, like "Sacred", as soon as the K popped up, he couldnt even roll away from it.. Then in this episode he stands there for like 15 seconds...then SUPERSPEEDS away. I didnt like that

But this theory about increased strength makes me feel alittle bit better, so whether its true or not, im just gonna go with it to humble myself.

Comment

Maybe it's like when you get into a fight and you get an adrenaline rush.

Comment

Originally posted by spidymich
                Maybe he's building up his tolerance.
                He is.

Comment

Ya that was pretty weak IMO. Kryptonite has traditionally ( on sv) subdued him. His tolerance doesnt come until much later, when he is actually superman, but also lets nto forget that while he gets stronger the radioactivity of the kryptonite decays. No idea on its half life, but it would decay some over time regardless.

On second a thought however, i recall the episode where they are in china looking for the stone that lana/isabell fights clark over. In that ep, there was kryptonite from a few hundred years ago( maybe longer) and they "missed" the fact that it might nto be as strong due to its being around for so long.

So it might have a long enough half life to not matter, or the writers just dont have a clue

Comment

maybe smallvilles green k is like the comics red in that after so much exposure to a specific chunk of it that the effects weaken.

Comment

Originally posted by smallville_fetish
                      I also notice that Clark only appears weak when he SEES the meteor rock. Like when he was in that classroom lecture and picked up his backpak and a meteor rock rolled out and THEN he started getting weak. How come he wasn't weak when he was near his backpak?

The incident with the 2 kryptonians where they were walking towards the vault filled with kryptonite that didn't light up bright neon green until they were there and then they started getting weak and backing away. (which maybe why maybe he could slammed that other metal thing to cover it) But wouldn't they get weak the second they were near the vault without having to see it then it light bright green? I know there's an explanation for all this..
                      Nah, he does get effected quite a bit even when faces away cause he drops JK and loses his strength, that's why he rushes out.

You can see a tolerance building up though...

Comment

I don't think his pause and expression reflected that he was tolerating the Kryptonite.. I think it was him getting out of the house full of people that just betrayed him, then trying to think of where he should go next.

Comment

I think the silver kryptonite had some protective effects on the green one.

Comment

Do you think silver Kryptonite (if it exists) will play an important plot device in the future?

Maybe he has to go up against somehting with kryptonite, and his only way is to juse a temp non-lethal injection of Silver K Nitrate? x'D

(get it, silver nitrate? Like the stuff for werewolves? Oh nm, I prolly sounded retarded there)

Comment

I don't know, it really seems like the distance away is of more importance, Chloe did not get too close. When it is a foot away, he can't do anything, but seems to vary the further he is away from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎