No announcement yet.

what was real?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was real?

Okay, so there was alot of acted out stuff that didn't actually happen. A smart person could figure most of it out (and I like to think i am) but just for the record:
    1. Was a black car really following clark?
    2.Was it Marsters? Did he also make the call?
    3.Did all the convos clark and The Professor have actually happen the way we saw?

I just wanna make sure.

1. The black car, I'm pretty sure, was Professor Fine.

2. Fine made the call, I think. MAYBE the call was a paranoid dillusion though.

3. The conversation in the end between Clark and Fine happened just the way we saw it, but the others may not have, like when Clark was talking to him after class and stuff. But I have a feeling all the conversations between them DID happen, and Fine just denied it.

Comment

What I don't get is, why did Fine deny the conversations, potentially boosting Clark's realisation that he was hallucinating? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Fine to bolster Clark's belief that everything was happening exactly as he had seen it, and his "paranoid delusions" were reality?

Comment

Telling Clark he wasn't in class was designed to send him over the edge.

Comment

Yeah, either that, or they really didn't talk until the second conversation, and the car was never really there.

Comment

i think that the splinter in clark was part of brainiac, as per the final scene of brainiac at the ship, so therefore i think that he could control what clark saw.

i think the important question is: why exactly brainiac put clark thru all of that if all he wanted to do was reveal to clark that he is kryptonian?

Comment

I felt that the entire point was to make you wonder what was real and what wasn't. Some of it seemed like it would never happen, but other parts did. It was as if they wanted to confuse you.

Some of the scenes with Dr. Fine, the Lexana (kissing, not ship), Chloe giving Clark away, and Papa Kent talking to a Lionel who knew Clark's secret were a little sketchy. Other than that, I'm pretty okay with it.

Comment

All right, here's the simple guide to Clark's hallucinations and all the paranoid craziness.

When they show Clark watching something but removed from the scene (Jonathan and Lionel's talk, Lex and Lana's kiss) than what we see isn't real, but is entirely in his mind. But this is only true from the point at which we see that it's from Clark's perspective. For example, In the barn, it is not until after we see sweaty faced Clark watching Lionel and Jonathan that it becomes a delusion. Jonathan really did talk to Jonathan, and really offered help, and really gave him an envelope. The talk about Clark's secret and the money and everything occurred after we see Clark, and isn't real.

When Clark is interacting with others, we see something real, but we also see that Clark is overly emotional in his reactions. For example, the kitchen scene where Clark is waving the papers, thinking they're money. At that point, he's the only one who sees money. Jonathan doesn't, neither does Martha, neither do we. Once Clark begins ignoring what his parents are saying, it's delusion time again as he hears Jonathan call him a "thing from the cornfeild".

Here's what was real -
                The car
                The phone call
                The class lecture about Judas and Brutus
                The green K and the creep "I know how to kill you" slide
                The convo with Fine

All of the above was probably set up by Fine to kick start Clark's paranoia. In fact, the e-mail from Lionel at the Planet was probably also Fine as well - remember, Fine's a computer. The message in the email was very much like the phone call and the message in Fine's class - short and ominous. Thus, we can assume they're from the same person who would probably be Fine.

Comment

its annoying not to know some of these answers for definite. i hope theyll get answered in the next episode

Comment

Now a comics nerd explanation. Brainiac is the master manipulator/mind player. Everything was really, except those that we obvious know weren't (Jonathan and Clark talking about Clark, Jonathan saying that Clark was just a thing, the Lexana "kiss" scene, and the dream scene). But everything else was real, played by Prof. Fine.

This episode was a great plan by Fine, to get Clark to trust him.

Comment

I think the black truck was definetely an illusion and one of the professor conversations had to have been illusion as well and the scene with Clark in the classroom was definetely an illusion.

Comment

I disagree on these parts cause it's still debatable. and can be still accounted to

Clark's Paranoia.
                        Originally posted by MyOwnSuperhero
                        Here's what was real -
                        The car
                        The phone call
                        The class lecture about Judas and Brutus
                        The green K and the creep "I know how to kill you" slide
                        The convo with Fine
                        The e-mail from Lionel at the Planet was probably also Fine as well.
                        The phone call and the message in Fine's class - short and ominous.
                        1. The Black van
                        2. ALL phone calls (But Text was Real)
                        3. The green K and the creep "I know how to kill you" slide.
                        4. The e-mail from Lionel at the Planet IS from Lionel remember Chloe did confess to Clark about it.

Comment

I agree with what MyOwnSuperhero said, Now that I see his explaination for the Illusions I have a pattern to the way I was already thinking.

1. I think the Black truck is real. Brainiac as the truck or him in it.
                          Like he said when you watch he gets pricked and then the first "Event" we see is the truck flipping Clark and Clark getting the phone call. Also is you listen it sounds like a scrambled Lex,(which makes Clark leads to the illusion Clark has in Fine's office with Lex) From when I first saw it on when it broadcast I thought it was Brainiac (the truck)because he was setting the whole thing up. That was the first thing that happened which set him up to talk to his parents and then go to Class. Then he goes to Class and Fine is teaching about being betrayed by those you trust the most and then everyone left and Brainiac put out the kryptonite which even though he was probably positive anyway that Clark was Kryptonian he got proof by testing him with the Kryptonite then he put in the Slide because he is the teacher and has access to it and it was Brainiac Pumping him up with just enough paranoia for when Fine runs into him on campus and gives him a reason to say that something weird happened and to tell him about the truck running him off the road which leads Clark to take the Truck # to Chloe where Brainiac could see that Chloe had emailed Lionel and knew what they said so 1. either Clark just saw one of Chloe's and thought the wrong way or thought it said there are no secrets when it didn't or Lionel was saying that there are no secrets between Chloe and Lionel about Lex's Campaign. OR 2. that Brainiac saw Chloe emailed Lionel and saw what they said and was able to email Chloe the one Clark saw and ws able to write what he wanted for Clark to see and Brianic would have been able to delete it. Then Chloe asks "You read my email?" because she still one didn't like he snooped but also because ahe really had emailed Lionel and then she admited that she did and said she didn't tell Lionel Clark's secret.

2. So that leads him back to the farm and he hears the conversation with Lionel and Johnthan nd he is suspicious of Lionel because his encounter with Chloe which then the first part of the Convo was real until you saw clark in the background nd then he imagined to tests and money. So then in the house he stands and brews in it and it's getting worse and then he accuses his dad and then we see on screen for the first time I think now that the SilverK is really set in we see him have a delusion were you see other people in the scene with him at the sme time when you see from the others persceptives and see the money isn't real and they are the balot sheets.

3. From there he gets really bad after Chloe shows with the GreenK. Thats when he sees Lana and looks real bad which then leads him to stew i it again for for however long it was and wherever he went while Lana was driving all the way back to SV( I've never knew what he did in that part, I hate the whole driving back nd forth to Smallville from Metropolis. They shouldn't hve set a time amount for metropolis so they could make like it was half hour or an hour away, as it is now it's suppose to be farther way but it always seems like they can drive back and forth without out much trouble and in a fairly quick amount of time. I like to think metropoilis is like 45mins to an hour away just to make the storyline make sense. But it sucks that it's messed up from them saying it before. I wish they wouldn't have waited or been vague about it before and then when they has people driving back and forth alot they could have said like an hour. Or they could of done that to begin with it's dumb to have it so close and not closer. If they are going to move it fro the est coast to Kansas anywy why not just make it little easier to get to. I mean I live in Tampa Florida now but I used to live in Upstate Ny in Albany the Capital and it was about 45minutes from Albany going north to my home town and I'd drive back and forth sometimes. Sometimes I coud only go once or twice a week or everyother week, and that was a descent enough and long enough ride in a car and cost a bunch for gas so it would be alot more believable that it was closer.)

4. I also think that the voicemail was sent by Brainiac because he can do that kind of thing(Hello Super Advanced Artificial Computer) which lead him to Lana in the first place nd she said she didn't remember sendinghim a text. Who would forget. I mean either you sent just his or you sent a bunch and didn't remember sending him one you would remember the other ones and atleast mention that. No, she said she didn't remember sending him, which grant you is a little weird instead of just saying I didn't send one but she probably just said it nd didn't think. That text lead Clark to Lana's to find the box which he may have supersped there right before Clrk showedup just to make sure it was Clark who had. WHich makes it pretty lucky that Clark opened the box and not Lana, and then Clark got cut by the SilverK which send him on his way and the first thing that happened was the truck. So that leads me to belive Brainiac did the truuck as a jump start to the delusions.

If there is anything I left out tell me and I'll say what I think happen.
                          Last edited by gj430; 10-07-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I think the Lex/Lana kiss was real.I just think when she looked back at Clark was fake.And what about Clark being all violent in this ep?He always seems to act so calm and like...emotional in most situations.Do you think Clarks violence in this episode was a part of his fears or just a reaction to his fears?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎