No announcement yet.

Baby Carriage??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Carriage??

When Clark was in "the room", he looked over and saw a baby carriage rocking - Anyone know what this was in reference to?

I am thinking this is foreshadowing, but it did look like the one that Jonathon made for Martha. does anyone remember where else this might have come from?

I would assume it was a reference to the baby Martha lost in thetruck accident at the end of season 2. Clark blames himself for the accident even though his parents should have been at the church and nowhere near the farm when he destroyed the ship.

Comment

That was my thought as well.

Comment

Thanks, that was killing me! I had no idea what that was all about.

Comment

Baby references:

- Clark's guilt at killing his little brother, that looked like the cradle, he and his dad built for the baby.

- Clark's guilt for the meteor shower that killed Lana's parents when he was only a baby.

- A reference perhaps to baby Julian

- Him missing Evan perhaps

Those are all I can think of right now.

Comment

I thought it was Martha's baby because like Lana Lang #1 said the cradle looked exactly like the one Jonathan and clark made in s2

Comment

I'm thinking it's Clark's guilt about his mother's baby that was lost in s2.

He's still got some residual guilt inside him from it, and so it played into his paranoia.

Comment

My thoughts on this subject are expressed in this thread: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...45#post1614245

As has been said, the baby cradle looks the same as the one he and Jonathon built in Season 2 for Martha's future baby.

Comment

Originally posted by jon2k4
                  I was wondering if it had something to do with Baby Julian and Lex's mother.
                  Why would clark feel guilty or paranoid about the death of Lex's little brother that he never met???

Now the death of his own little brother seems a little more feasible

Comment

Did anyone ever think that it could be his and lana's baby. When Clark was mortal, he had sex with Lana. His parents asked him if he was safe and he hesitatedbefore answering yes. Jor-el- Someone very close to yo will die. How about his baby?

Comment

I understand and agree with all these views, but can't anyone conceive that it might have some connection with what Jonathon said about Clark not being his son?

Comment

Well, basically a ton of people have been killed, mutated or had their lives ruined in order for Clark to come to Earth, all for morally ambiguous purposes. So in addition to the usual teen angst, Clark is sort of adrift in regards to his purpose for existing and would rather just forget everything and be a nobody farmboy.

In addition to masquerading as a human and taking the place of the kid Martha and Jonathan could never have, it was HIS ship and HIS mistake that cost him mother her once chance to experience childbirth. So these hallucinations are meant to imply Clark has never really overcome that guilt/trauma.

Also, the loss of a potencial sibling is double damaging as it means one less person who he can share his secret with. So I imagine Clark is a little distrustful of his parents' ability to forgive him and would be terrified of his father not really loving him.

Comment

The image of the red cradle occurred immediately after the image of the greenish spaceship so IMHO that is the primary association.
                          (I was glad to see the old ship, weren't you?)

While all the other Baby associations mentioned above have some resonance, I think this particular scene is a foreshadowing of Clark learning more about his origins (born under a red sun, cradled in the heart of a spaceship)

Outside of the paranoia and illusiory nature of these scenes building tension, I have to wonder what was "really" going on inside Clark. Was the "splinter" traveling through his kryptonian brain and fereting out his secrets and fears? Perhaps part of what was happening was the silver K piece of Brainiac was sampling Clark's neurons directly and triggering these random images.
                          This might be specifically the reason Milton Fine said with such ocnviction to Clark: "If you kill her (Lana), it willd estroy you."

Fine/Brainiac doesn't care a bit about Lana (or Clark, ultimately) but he realized that Clark would be worthless to the effort of securing the Fortess of Solitude if he cracked up after killing Lana, so Fine stopped him.

But back to the greenish spaceship image - You do remember what Clark did to that spaceship don't you?
                          Let's see now, the Kryptonian spaceship was exploded by Clark placing a synthetic green kryptonite key in the Octagonal slot - Now we have a Kryptonian Fortress of Solitude - and teaser images of Fine/Brainiac creating a Synthetic black control crystal - and Clark jamming that synthetic control crystal into a "panel" in the Fortress - (And the "Smallville" logo at the end of the teaser turnign red and exploding) Hmmm, I wonder what it all means?
                          Last edited by Eh,Man?You-El?; 11-15-2005, 10:42 AM.

Comment

IDidn't catch that Crade relationg to the baby BUT I recognized it being made by JK.

Strange I wasn't able to put two and two together. BUT when I saw Clark's Ship (nostalgia) I was thinking Clark has a scrawny little Ship compared to Finne's.
                            Finne: My ship is bigger than Your ship.

Comment

The cradle was one of the creepist things in that episode for me. If you think about it Clark can do try to do something stop all his other fears coming true but, he killed his sibling and after all these years he still can't do anything about it.

It absolutely looked like the cradle Jonathan built and in that room there also was his spaceship which was a. the closet thing he had to a cradle and b. what he destroyed and caused Martha to lose the baby in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎